Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not yet Enabled? House is within Commercial Operators Fulfilment Area......

Options
  • 05-02-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I live on a road where theres one Fibre Cabinet which has just been activated this week. 

When I check my number, i get the message that Fibre is available in my area, but my address has not been enabled. Im guessing that this may mean that I wont get fibre until another cabinet is installed, but there are no plans within tech current rollout for an additional cabinet.

However, on the National Broadband map, my house is located within the Blue area which indicated the area which the commercial operators supply under the NBP to end of 2016.

What I'm asking is, will I have Fibre before the end of the year, or is the fact that us cabinet is now activated, but I don't have service, the end of the line for me. My house also may be bypassed by the new plan, as its supposed to be in current coverage.

I can PM you my number and postcode if that would help.

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

AidenL wrote: »
    Hi there,

I live on a road where theres one Fibre Cabinet which has just been activated this week. 

When I check my number, i get the message that Fibre is available in my area, but my address has not been enabled. Im guessing that this may mean that I wont get fibre until another cabinet is installed, but there are no plans within tech current rollout for an additional cabinet.

However, on the National Broadband map, my house is located within the Blue area which indicated the area which the commercial operators supply under the NBP to end of 2016.

What I'm asking is, will I have Fibre before the end of the year, or is the fact that us cabinet is now activated, but I don't have service, the end of the line for me. My house also may be bypassed by the new plan, as its supposed to be in current coverage.

Thanks in advance. 
    Hi AidenL

I'll certainly look in to this for you. Please PM me your eir land line number and map coordinates and I'll try get back to you within 24hrs.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance. 
    Hi AidenL

I'll certainly look in to this for you. Please PM me your eir land line number and map coordinates and I'll try get back to you within 24hrs.

Thanks
    Al
    Sent you a PM, thanks in advance :)

Hi there,

Thanks in advance. 
    Hi AidenL

Thanks
    Al
    Sent you a PM, thanks in advance :)
    Cheers AidenL :)

Al

eir: Alan , just wondering if you have had any update please?

Thanks !

Apologies for the delays AidenL

I will have more new later today

Al

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delays AidenL

I will have more new later today

Al
    Alan, 

Just another reminder for you.

Thanks !

HI AidenL

I'm really sorry for the delays - I am currently still awaiting more clarification on this from our field networks team. I know you have been waiting for quite a while but I will let you know as soon as I have any further information.

Thank you for your patience Aiden

Al

HI AidenL

I'm really sorry for the delays - I am currently still awaiting more clarification on this from our field networks team. I know you have been waiting for quite a while but I will let you know as soon as I have any further information.

Al
    Thanks Al,

Appreciate your efforts on this, will sit tight till I hear back from you.

HI AidenL

Al
    Thanks Al,

Cheers AidenL

As soon as I have info I will get back to you ASAP

Al

HI AidenL

Al
    Thanks Al,

Cheers AidenL

Al
    Hi again Alan, just wondering if you have heard back?

• Advertisement

HI AidenL

Al
    Thanks Al,

Cheers AidenL

Al
    Hi AidenL

Yes I have word now, apologies for the delays. Indeed the serving cabinet (number: BSH1_002) has just launched however there are more works required to integrate more existing lines to it. Unfortunately we don't have a time-frame to advise you on but hopes are that it should be ready within the next three months. I'm sorry I can't offer better news Aiden.

Cheers
    Al

HI AidenL

Al
    Thanks Al,

Cheers AidenL

Al
    Hi AidenL

Yes I have word now, apologies for the delays. Indeed the serving cabinet (number: BSH1_002) has just launched however there are more works required to integrate more existing lines to it. Unfortunately we don't have a time-frame to advise you on but hopes are that it should be ready within the next three months. I'm sorry I can't offer better news Aiden.

Cheers
    Al
    Alan,

Thanks for your efforts - much appreciated.

At least i know I still might get connected up sometime. I'll hang in there. Thanks again :)

HI AidenL

Al
    Thanks Al,

Cheers AidenL

Al
    Hi AidenL

Cheers
    Al
    Alan,

Thanks for your efforts - much appreciated.

At least i know I still might get connected up sometime. I'll hang in there. Thanks again :)
    Cheers AidenL :)

Al

Hi Alan,

2 months +  further in, wondering if you have any updates for when I might be enabled?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Alan,

2 months +  further in, wondering if you have any updates for when I might be enabled?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi AidenL,

I'm afraid Alan is no longer with us :(

Can you PM me your details and I will be more than happy to check this :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement