Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Paste Off

Options
  • 05-02-2016 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for some help in relation to a few few pastes that i cook with on a regular basis...

Two in particular are
    Harissa Paste
    Nasi Goreng Paste

Normally i buy these in Tesco, but it looks like they are discontinued/unavailable/available, i have emailed Tesco a couple of times asking about the availability to be told they are out of stock, followed by they are discontinued...

So i am looking for your help to make these pastes myself at home...

Nasi Goreng
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=278432506
    Harissa Paste
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268564181

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can't help with recipes, but I saw that Nasi Goreng paste in Tesco the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Harissa Paste

Have seen both in tesco recently. In my local tesco they are in same aisle as oils and milks. Absolutely love the harissa paste, use it all the time. Have attempted to make it myself using a recipe from the Jerusalem ottolenghi book but just not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

surball wrote: »
    Have seen both in tesco recently. In my local tesco they are in same aisle as oils and milks. Absolutely love the harissa paste, use it all the time. Have attempted to make it myself using a recipe from the Jerusalem ottolenghi book but just not as good.

They are in one Tesco near me, but out in the other two, and have been told by safe they are out of stock and discontinued, the staff obviously don't know and are just trying to give me an answer(which i'm not complaining about, supermarket staff in general are poorly trained in this country)...

So i have emailed tesco, and have been told that the items are unavailable and may not be back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe one of the ingredients in Harissa is rose water - that might be just as hard to source as the paste itself.
    I'd say try an Asian/Pakistani shop for the harissa, and maybe a Chinese/Asian shop for the Nasi Goreng?

Other than that, I'm sure you could get them online

Advertisement