Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC adaptor

Options
  • 05-02-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get the adaptor in the attached pictures or a similar one with the same input/output and the same socket?

Thanks...

EDIT: Sorry, pictures now attached.

0y5l6vRm.jpg

DsPCSjfm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

attached pictures

Missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Sorry, pictures now attached above.

Any ideas where to get a similar adaptor with the same input/output and connection?

Tried Maplans but they don't do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

What is it powering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Power city have a good range of power supplies which may suit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Bruthal wrote: »
    What is it powering?

That's a weird socket.

You can find 12v adaptors everywhere, you just need to make sure they have greater than 0.9A output.
    You could always splice whatever you're powering directly to the adaptor, so long as you know the polarity

Bruthal wrote: »
    What is it powering?

It's a "spaceship" lamp for my son's bedroom. They seem to be a common adaptor for lamps in next. I think the adaptor just died for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It's a "spaceship" lamp for my son's bedroom. They seem to be a common adaptor for lamps in next. I think the adaptor just died for some reason.

Any 12v adaptor will power that once it has the 10va or more on it.

Is the lead to the lamp fixed into the lamp?

Go into next and ask for a replacement. They might have a return or a display one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

The output socket has a strong resemblance to a speaker socket. It's also the same type that is used on a variety of low voltage uplighters and some Lidl Christmas light sets.

It should be easy enough to get a 1 Amp supply and just change the connector. Practically any good electrical store should have something suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

The output socket has a strong resemblance to a speaker socket. It's also the same type that is used on a variety of low voltage uplighters and some Lidl Christmas light sets.

It should be easy enough to get a 1 Amp supply and just change the connector. Practically any good electrical store should have something suitable.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the lead is fixed into the lamp itself. Went to "Next" and while they did have an adaptor I think the output was different.

I'll keep searching.

One other thing, my wife put in a 20 Watt bulb into the lamp. Would this have caused the adaptor to "blow"? It did say max. 10 Watt I think on the lamp? Is that linked to the max. 10 VA on the output on the adaptor?

One other thing, my wife put in a 20 Watt bulb into the lamp. Would this have caused the adaptor to "blow"? It did say max. 10 Watt I think on the lamp? Is that linked to the max. 10 VA on the output on the adaptor?

Probably the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Take a photograph of it and head to Ikea, they have beside lamps with those units last time I was there, buy the cheapest fitting you can with that supply.

Advertisement