Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with wireless disconnection

Options
  • 05-02-2016 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

My wireless devices have been disconnecting randomly over the last few months, usualy for a couple of minutes at a time. Have noticed it on laptop, phone and have had issues streaming the rte player on a smart TV, previously there were no issues. Is this likely to be a hardware problem or a line problem? The router is an eircom zyxel p660.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

When it happens do all the devices show they still have wifi signal ? It sounds like it could be the router. If the Internet connection light is still on while this happens then it's not very likely that it's your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Safri

No, occasionally it'll kick everything off, other times just the phone will disconnect but the laptop will be fine or vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Sounds like the router for sure to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Safri

Yes, this does seem like a WiFi issue. I would highly recommend contacting eir technical support for assistance. Technical support can trouble shoot the issue with you and if required they can also arrange a new modem or a change in wifi channels.

You can reach technical support on 1890260260 - free phone 1901 (opt.2) or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow. Support are open 24/7.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement