Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Court Naas dress code.

Options
  • 05-02-2016 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

I never been to the court in Naas before but I hear there is a dress code.

Would you think a black shirt, black jeans and boots be okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, that'd be fine. I've only ever been to The Court twice in my life (and never again) but that's exactly what I wore. I'm sure you wanted that info for last night, that's probably no help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The better you dress the better you'll look, and the more seriously you'll be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

boots are frowned upon, bring your dancing shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The dress code isn't that strict but I've heard of lads being refused for not wearing a collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Thanks for the info. Don't want to pay €20 to get a taxi back and forth for shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The dress code isn't that strict but I've heard of lads being refused for not wearing a collar.

How culchie is this nightclub?

Collar/shoes dresscodes, in the far north of the county, indicate a club full of knackbags. Leixlip had some in the past where they thought such a dresscode would deal with problems but you just got the worst of the worst in Penneys shoes and Fred Perry shirts and jumpers instead. I don't know anywhere bar extremely rural areas thats still backwards enough to have this as an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I thought the OP was being prosecuted for something. :confused:
    Guess I need to get out more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

L1011 wrote: »
    How culchie is this nightclub?

Collar/shoes dresscodes, in the far north of the county, indicate a club full of knackbags. Leixlip had some in the past where they thought such a dresscode would deal with problems but you just got the worst of the worst in Penneys shoes and Fred Perry shirts and jumpers instead. I don't know anywhere bar extremely rural areas thats still backwards enough to have this as an idea.

It's not that bad but I think they just use this as a reason to deny people entry who they don't like the look of. Bouncers in Naas can be extremely picky when they hear accents from people outside of Naas I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

As Ferris_Bueller said, they'd probably only use it as an excuse if they didn't like the look of you, for whatever other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

The bouncers in The Court are idiots to put it mildly. They like their power trips so make sure you look smart. No trainers and no tshirts and if you're anyway less than sober expect to be denied access. If you get past the neanderthals, the be prepared to fork out 15 lids just to get in the door. yes I said 15 lids. Must be one of the most expensive places in the country and definitely not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just walk up and say "howya doin horse" and you'll get in without any bother...just to get fleeced 2m later at the hut

What a **** hole.
    They wouldnt let me in wearing a brand new pair of runners (not white).
    Next lad had red converse on.
    In ya go to him ,I asked about it and he said converse are not runners!
    Did me a favor tho.I didnt want to go in .
    I think its 15e in.
    hard to believe people pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

i usually wear a black robe and big white wig

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just think "what would Eddie Hobbs wear?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

why not go on slippers and short jeans?

Advertisement