Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna Like A Virgin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

8 Bit Girl wrote: »
    I always thought Like A Prayer was the same:

I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
    In the midnight hour I can feel your power
    Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there

Filth!

Like a prayer is saying masterbation is to sex what prayer is to being with God

Basically the closest you can get to the real thing- fantasy bringing you close to reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

She had some great stuff in the mid-late nineties when she released the Ray of Light album.
    After that it went somewhat downhill though...
    I think she was absolutely brilliant from the 80s to the late 90s (even the period when she was considered to have become kinda dull, post Bedtime Stories and pre Ray Of Light - the Evita period - she did some great stuff IMO) but nothing much since then - some right crap too.
    Loved her back in the day, though. As a kid, she was my idol. The sexual stuff didnt register with me until the early 90s, when she did seem to be overdoing it a bit with the sexual frankness, but meh, Prince was doing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

The last good dancing tune by Madonna, even with all that camel toe on show! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ah c'mon give her a break. She's 58 like and she still has a great figure.

Tough as an old boot too - she got hopped off the stage at the MTV awards and still got back up!!

I'd like to see Miley Cyrus try that!!

The last good dancing tune by Madonna, even with all that camel toe on show! :eek:

I never noticed that before... not sure I want to watch that video now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Surgery flaps surely.

I never noticed that before... not sure I want to watch that video now :pac:

Tis hard to miss I'm afraid :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Gigantic by Pixies is about the same thing, and, imo is a far superior song.

When the lead guitar comes in about 30 seconds into the song... love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

:confused:

Afaik Like a Virgin is about a new relationship with someone who she fancies the backside off.
    Not that she is an actual virgin, just that she hasn't ever felt that way with someone before the guy she is singing about.

Not a Madonna fan. swear :pac:

She was never my cup of tea anyway. There's some odd tunes out there really when you think about it. Cat Stevens seemed to have stalker tendencies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Smidge wrote: »
    Fuq it, I'll say it - the opening post is a Reservoir Dogs reference. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Smidge wrote: »

Afaik Like a Virgin is about a new relationship with someone who she fancies the backside off.
    Not that she is an actual virgin, just that she hasn't ever felt that way with someone before the guy she is singing about.

Not a Madonna fan. swear :pac:

Na, every song ever written ever is about either sex or heroin. You thought Molly Malone was about cockles and mussels? It's about muscly cocks.

Azalea wrote: »

I'll say it so....it was very thinly veiled as a RD reference so :D

Na, every song ever written ever is about either sex or heroin. You thought Molly Malone was about cockles and mussels? It's about muscly cocks.

Its still about sex...just new sex. :p

On a side note....no man ever should be quoted chatting about muscly doodads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Johnny Logans "Hold me,no" was recorded naked in a mirror.

Johnny Logans "Hold me,no" was recorded naked in a mirror.

*shudder*

There's some odd tunes out there really when you think about it.

I'm only seeing the video for this song now, nearly 20 years later, thought it was a cracking song back then... never realised it was about missing children -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_Train_(Soul_Asylum_song)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The fields of Athenry is about going down on a lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You'll Never Beat The Irish could be viewed as a warning about the perils of masturbation to a God-Fearing race

Golden Brown and Brown Sugar are both about heroi...oh...ye knew...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Turning Japanese by The Vapours is about masturbation also. And Orgasm Addict by The Buzzcocks.
    They were mad for their songs about self love in the late 70s.

Yeah, there was nothing else to do. Believe me, I was there.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Have we fallen so low that there are people that wouldn't know that
    Irish education system has a lot to answer for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

'Relax, dont do it..' is about taking life easy and having a bit of me-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

'Relax, dont do it..' is about taking life easy and having a bit of me-time.

I thought it was about tantric masturbation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

So The Beloved song Sweet Harmony with lyrics "Let's come together....right now....oh yeah....in sweet harmony" wasn't really a song about ecology and taking care of the planet? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Just goes to show that were a planet of so many world views,not all of us worship at the pews....

I thought it was about tantric masturbation :)

What!!??

So The Beloved song Sweet Harmony with lyrics "Let's come together....right now....oh yeah....in sweet harmony" wasn't really a song about ecology and taking care of the planet? :)

Neither was The Beatles ' Come Together, right now... over me'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Golden Brown and Brown Sugar are both about heroi...oh...ye knew...

Brown sugar certainly isn't about heroin, it's about a slave owner taking a liking to his slave girls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Was she frozen since then?

*badum tish* :p

That's actually one of her only songs that doesn't annoy me.it's a pretty good tune.

Advertisement