Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On/Off/Dim Photocell with motion sensor

Options
  • 06-02-2016 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all. I'm looking for an on/off /dim photocell with motion sensor (pir?) for my new build.

Basically I want my 2 corner lights to switch on dim from dusk until dawn unless the is movement outside the house at which point they will become fully illuminated.

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier?
    Thanks.
    Jiggins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Search for "Hi-Lo" sensor light

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jiggins

Thanks again freddy. I can't seem to source stand alone "hi lo" sensor units either locally or online. Any ideas where I might find some?

Can anyone suggest where these stand alone hi-lo sensors can be purchased?
    Thanks!

http://www.scldirect.co.uk/security-lighting/p-lux-hi-lo-wall-lights.html
    http://asdlighting.com/product/hi-lo-half-lantern-led-flyer

They do seem to have disappeared from regular outlets. I have 2 myself but cannot find them from Screwfix/homebase etc. now.

If you need anything from UK PM me.

They don't seem to have stand alone sensors that can be included into my lighting circuit? Or am I blind?
    Thanks regardless,
    Jiggins

• Advertisement

Sorry I misread it, so you want a separate sensor for two lamps which are on all night and you want Hi Lo action. I am not sure there will be anything off the shelf. Also if you have lamps on all night you may want to use LED? These do not like being controlled by such sensors. I would build something with LED modules but if you already have lamps this may be tricky.
    You can have 2 LED modules fixed inside the lamp of different outputs with one connected to permanent live and one to the sensor. The sensor needs to be the correct wattage. Somewhere I have details of a company that would be able to assist with sensor units. I am looking for it.....

Many thanks Freddy!

Advertisement