Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 25 Matchday Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

59 pts. I'm starting to feel like I'll never make it this year. Everytime I hit a good run and I fecking struggle to do so, I always end up losing all its benefit from 1 or 2 "average" GWs :confused:. I don't get it.
    A Super GW: up 60k. 2 average ones: down 60k.:confused: The numbers don't match. I said it many times this year but people must be cheating :pac:! Or...

... I completely lost the plot :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

53 sees me fall to 42k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

86 sees me go back in the top 1k in the world, top 60 in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Playing differentials seems to be a waste of time this season. Payet and Arnautovic have been a disaster, meanwhile Barkley gets two penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    33 points. Yep.

13k --> 71k
    Worst week I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Leader in my money league opted for 5 at the back. Captained Sagna and Vc Monreal, so got lucky with that.

The first person on his bench to replace Sagna....Mahrez

Hard to beat luck like that.

Top of league with those decisions and yet I'm not even surprised :-D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another awful week on 54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

52. 17k to 32k. I've had worse weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

ShaneU wrote: »
    Playing differentials seems to be a waste of time this season. Payet and Arnautovic have been a disaster, meanwhile Barkley gets two penalties.

It's so frustrating that the same highly-owned players keep on getting points and there doesn't seem like any new player will break out and become a star player any time soon. Predicting who's going to jump in form is a pointless exercise but alas I'll continue searching to try and gain 126 points on the leader.

58 (-4) Sanchez captain fail. Knew it was a bad idea getting rid of Özil, but a desperate need to find a differential and the risk of having three Arsenal players meant it was him that would have to go for Sanchez :( I'm sorry, Mesut, forgive me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ShaneU wrote: »

Firmino captain was a differential that came in for people, but if you try and do anything somewhat different this season like drop Mahrez, Ozil, etc. you get punished by more than half of active players. I've found this season pretty boring and the only thing that can make it more interesting will be the blanks and DGWs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Dropped a thousand places after today's update.
    Overall a red arrow of about 300 places to 1727 with my 65.
    2 FTs this week and will be getting in Fuchs or Butland only I hope. Excitement/nervousness starting to build as I expect this Forum to really be a huge advantage for last third of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Impressive FPL self destruct button pressing by me this week. Wrong transfer and wrong benching and a 27 point swing.

That's the bout of 'who dares wins' mentality out of my system. Back to salvaging my OR.

48 and a predicted 150k drop to 440k. Gained 700k in 5 weeks and now back 200k in two.

2.5m gw rank but 'only' down to 410k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

ElTel wrote: »

Well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's so frustrating that the same highly-owned players keep on getting points and there doesn't seem like any new player will break out and become a star player any time soon. Predicting who's going to jump in form is a pointless exercise but alas I'll continue searching to try and gain 126 points on the leader.

It's near impossible to catch up on anyone thats 80+ points ahead, I find it's one step forward, 3 steps back.

if you step away from the template to try to catch someone, your getting punished.

Aguero screwed a lot of us up earlier in the season when constantly picking him and him doing nothing whereas others were getting away with having say Vardy/Ighalo, even now lads in leagues can't afford to get Aguero - but it's ok because they having other players getting goals.

Like there is a lad in one of my leagues who got 79 points - and has Mahrez and Huth on the bench - like that's just ridic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Like there is a lad in one of my leagues who got 79 points - and has Mahrez and Huth on the bench - like that's just ridic.

You sure he didn't bench boost? :P

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You sure he didn't bench boost? :P

ha yea i'm sure - i doubled checked

Cech 10
    Dann 9
    Alderweireld 8
    Borthwick 2
    Hoolahan 1
    Eriksen 3
    Ozil 10
    Firmino (c) 26
    Aguero 6
    Kane 2
    Ighalo 2

He has more on his bench, than poor spock got with his 11 playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Anyone know the bonus points from the Chelsea United game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

GW23: 57 points. 219k --> 183k.
    GW24: 58 points. 183k --> 235k.
    GW25: 58 points. 235k --> 282k.

So the last two weeks I've effectively lost 100k. :rolleyes:
    At least I'm consistent though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Anyone know the bonus points from the Chelsea United game?

Costa 3
    Lingard 2
    Courtois 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

People having Mahrez, Vardy and even Ighalo and getting points don't bother me.

People having Scott Dann and constantly getting points for goals do.

SlickRic wrote: »
    People having Mahrez, Vardy and even Ighalo and getting points don't bother me.

People having Scott Dann and constantly getting points for goals do.

5 point 8 fcuking million for a defender in a team that had lost 5 in a row before yesterday, is over a million more expensive than any other defender in his team, and he has 772,610 owners. I lost a H2H due to Sagna no show Dann autosub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's near impossible to catch up on anyone thats 80+ points ahead, I find it's one step forward, 3 steps back.

Yep. People thinking they're going to make huge ground due to DGW's, chips etc are going to be disappointed IMO. There won't be distract changes for the vast majority.

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep. People thinking they're going to make huge ground due to DGW's, chips etc are going to be disappointed IMO. There won't be distract changes for the vast majority.

The only way that someone will make up ground is if they make a crazy TC decision and it works, like giving it to Sanchez who clearly has no form atm, and he gets a 20 point haul.

Because if you have Sanchez and don't captain him and get the 20 point haul, any player your chasing will just transfer him in next GW, so you only 20 points, where as if you gained 60 then your right back in the with a fighting chance.

Or the likes of Wijnaldum when he has he's DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished with 63. Dropped from 140k to 170k :( Mahrez on the bench killed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Finished with 63. Dropped from 140k to 170k :( Mahrez on the bench killed me.

Add Bellerín to the bench and I know your pain!

Firmino captain was a differential that came in for people, but if you try and do anything somewhat different this season like drop Mahrez, Ozil, etc. you get punished by more than half of active players. I've found this season pretty boring and the only thing that can make it more interesting will be the blanks and DGWs

Mahrez and Ozil are hardly the ones to blame to be fair. This season is also for a lot of us our downfall not to have adapted quicker to it. I mean Leicester are still top of the league, 5 pts clear, and just outplayed City at the Etihad 3-0 until Aguero last min goal. Chelsea and United are underperforming like they never ever did in the PL era (bar maybe Chelsea in the early years?). City & Arsenal are inconsistent. Watford & to a lesser extent Bournemouth are overperforming. It is not new now. We should have adapted better.

Also, beware of the trap that is the constant search for the ultimate differential. Personally, I believe more in some kind of "fixtures adjustment", something I wrongly don't do enough. e.g. Firmino. We knew he could hit double figures despite his inconsistency. He was played upfront and had 3 favourable fixtures in the 4 games before GW27 blank. He also had the potential for a DGW25. A lot more of us should have "jumped" on him. I don't call him a differential, I rather call him a sensible plan that worked well so far (despite no DGW). Well done to the ones who got him in.

Now, it's true there's been some crazy decisions that paid off so far. But still 13 GWs to play, i.e. more than a whole 1/3 of the season!!! So we still have time to catch up (I know I said the opposite in my previous post :rolleyes: :pac:). But I'll take again my own example from last year where despite struggling all season I eventually made it to top10k in GW37. Sensible, consistent decisions will pay off at some point.
    And as a follow up to my previous paragraph, I don't agree with you here. From GW27 to at least 37, careless casuals won't escape if they did not get their team prepared for the blanks/DGWs. As I said in the dedicated topic, GW30 could only have 3 games (though with Chelsea having nothing left to play for in the league and Pellegrini sending a youth team, Chelsea should go through in the Cup which should raise GW30 to at least 4 games. If that's the case, Aguero away to Norwich could restore some "normality" in the game :p.

Also, unless there are countless upsets in the FA Cup 5th round, DGW34 should be the largest we ever experienced. I don't see how careless/crazy decisions could pay off that week. The "real" average could be 150 pts this week. I remember 2 years ago I got a 175 (-8) pts DGW that sincerely could have been better and there wasn't half the extra games we should have this year.

We should have adapted faster but the problem now is that we have to take risks to make up 100+ points on people with strong templates. Thankfully Butland seems to have died but we still have double Arsenal defence that's paying much better dividends than Sanchez. A really big DGW34 might also be a bad thing since it will be easy to get a lot of players with two fixtures without taking calculated hits, I'd say the blanks and DGW37 will be the main areas to make up big points

We should have adapted faster but the problem now is that we have to take risks to make up 100+ points on people with strong templates. Thankfully Butland seems to have died but we still have double Arsenal defence that's paying much better dividends than Sanchez.
    I don't fully agree with this. Or shall I ask what's the template? Is Aguero in it? He's scoring consistently now (watch him blank next gW :pac:). Is Alder in it? Saints defense in it? Lukaku still in it? Is Alli there? And about the non performing ones. You mentioned Butland. Could add City & United def? Payet?

Then, it depends a lot upon who you're chasing. If it's someone like Busts or Lemlin who adapted better than most of us, you probably won't make up your 100+ pts unless you get lucky with your crazy differentials (but chances are you won't and will rathe rfinish 200 pts behind). Because they won't make stupid decisions for the blanks/DGWs.

On the contrary if you're chasing a lucky muttafecker who captained Sagna this week and got Huth subbing in for him & Mahrez VC, chances are he won't plan well the blanks/DGWs and will make stupid 1-week decisions. He'll probably waste his WCs and will either take huge pts hits or none at all and have very few DGWers (at least the wrong ones) and field a very depleted side for the blanks.

I can't and won't believe that all the crazy examples of people getting away with murder genocide you guys are posting each GW will survive the GW27-37 period. DGW34, Arsenal could have Palace & WB at home. They should be out of CL too and fully focused on catching Leicester up for finally getting back the PL trophy. Sanchez could/should be back to his full fitness. Imagine him on fire for these 2 games. Hard to fit in unplanned casuals teams. He could be a 50-60 pts captain.
    A really big DGW34 might also be a bad thing since it will be easy to get a lot of players with two fixtures without taking calculated hits, I'd say the blanks and DGW37 will be the main areas to make up big points
    As I said above, it depends who you're chasing. People constantly captaining defenders and ignoring Aguero & Sanchez because they're too expensive can't luckily escape a huge DGW34 just because they'd have Dann (C) scoring a brace this GW :pac:. Chances are they don't have BB anymore. And if they get away with DGW34, they won't with big blank GW35, something we, WCers, should deal with much much better!

• Advertisement

73 (-4).

Yet I'm only rising from 277k to 263k per FF Fix.

Unbelievable. With 2/3 of the season gone now I've lost hope of making a dramatic rise over the last third. What a joke of a year.

Always look on the bright side.......you pessimistic fpl gentleman......planner.,
    Thought you were Jimmi for a sec....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

After Saturday's climb, yesterday slid me back down almost to where I started the GW.

68 points and it was only good for a move of 2k places up to 57k. Happy with the score, disappointed with the outcome.

44, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

69 gives me a slight green arrow to 29k. Made good ground in a lot of my serious paid leagues but lost ground in the one league I'm in with a bunch of casuals. Double arsenal defence , Dann, alder, not selling ozil for sanchez , always play mahrez. That's the decisions these people are making . That's 61 pts from 6 without their captain choice. I'm close to 150 pts behind a lad that has made 7 transfers all season and played his wildcard in gw 2 to make 3 changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

finished on 50 and another does of red arrows, back below 1mil ffs :(

Despite having an average of 52.6 per gw i don't seem to be able to make a break this season. half feel like packing it in this year as i have never really got going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

55 points

A drop of almost 58k places to just inside 242k. Sold Ozil this week to try move a bit away from the template and I get hammered for it. It's gonna be really hard to break into the top 50k now but navigating the blanks and DGWs well could be what pushes me up the rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

69. Mostly green arrows. Bad transfers decisions (getting rid of Rom) but balanced out by good team pick (only 4 points on bench).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ElTel wrote: »
    Always look on the bright side.......you pessimistic fpl gentleman......planner.,
    Thought you were Jimmi for a sec....

But I'm so positive! I would have been delighted with a net 69 now let me tell you about my week (insert lots of moaning about how unlucky I am).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

76....a rise of 50k to 184K but a fall of 70k from Saturday evening :eek:

Happy enough overall....disappointed by the blanks from Sanchez and Payet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

57 points. Just fell about 75k to 758k.

Funny old season isn't it?

iroced wrote: »
    I don't fully agree with this. Or shall I ask what's the template? Is Aguero in it? He's scoring consistently now (watch him blank next gW :pac:). Is Alder in it? Saints defense in it? Lukaku still in it? Is Alli there? And about the non performing ones. You mentioned Butland. Could add City & United def? Payet?

Then, it depends a lot upon who you're chasing. If it's someone like Busts or Lemlin who adapted better than most of us, you probably won't make up your 100+ pts unless you get lucky with your crazy differentials (but chances are you won't and will rathe rfinish 200 pts behind). Because they won't make stupid decisions for the blanks/DGWs.

Aguero is in the top 10k template, not the casual one. Alder and Alli are in both as well as Cech.

I'm 60 points and 20 places back in the Boards Pay league, so won't even think about moneying in that unless I go on a great run. My grumblings are more to do with stuff like this:

80 points behind, Cech, Dann, Alder, Naismith(!), Defoe, no Aguero: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1758453/event-history/25/

45 points behind, Cech, Monreal, Alder, Smalling, Kolarov, Sagna, Mata, Barkley, no Kun or Kane, didn't even play 1st WC: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/451662/event-history/25/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

iroced wrote:
    On the contrary if you're chasing a lucky muttafecker who captained Sagna this week and got Huth subbing in for him & Mahrez VC, chances are he won't plan well the blanks/DGWs and will make stupid 1-week decisions. He'll probably waste his WCs and will either take huge pts hits or none at all and have very few DGWers (at least the wrong ones) and field a very depleted side for the blanks.

That's me. 60 behind a guy who captained Sagna. Got Monreal as his Vc and had Mahrez as his first sub.

Still think I'll reign him in. Aguero is my major differential so my season could rest on him scoring big.

[...]My grumblings are more to do with stuff like this:

80 points behind, Cech, Dann, Alder, Naismith(!), Defoe, no Aguero: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1758453/event-history/25/

45 points behind, Cech, Monreal, Alder, Smalling, Kolarov, Sagna, Mata, Barkley, no Kun or Kane, didn't even play 1st WC: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/451662/event-history/25/
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    That's me. 60 behind a guy who captained Sagna. Got Monreal as his Vc and had Mahrez as his first sub.

Still think I'll reign him in. Aguero is my major differential so my season could rest on him scoring big.
    Right. I think you both have plenty of time to catch and distance these guys. Still a 1/3 of the season to be played!!!

These guys have had all the luck on their side. They must have desperate lives though with that amount of luck in a game, we have a saying in France "lucky at the games unlucky in love" :pac:.

More seriously though, with such teams and decisions they're ahead of a disastrous GW. CS have been extremely generous in the past couples of GWs. They will dry up again at some point. And they'll get destroyed by the blanks/DGWs with the teams they currently have.

In fairness, the way I see it is you'll make up your whole ground on them on 1 single GW when will have abandoned them. You just have toe patient and keep playing sensible :cool:.

69 gives me a slight green arrow to 29k. Made good ground in a lot of my serious paid leagues but lost ground in the one league I'm in with a bunch of casuals. Double arsenal defence , Dann, alder, not selling ozil for sanchez , always play mahrez. That's the decisions these people are making . That's 61 pts from 6 without their captain choice. I'm close to 150 pts behind a lad that has made 7 transfers all season and played his wildcard in gw 2 to make 3 changes.
    Could you link that team, may I ask just out of curiosity?

Busts posted it in the General Chat thread: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2820118/history/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

72 for the week. Rose 30k Overall.

Still miles behind where I want to be

Advertisement