Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sunderland Match Thread 3pm kick off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »
    Prices have gone bonkers in the last 10 years. How is a young lad supposed to go to a game.

And they're the ones that create an atmosphere. Not the Premier League tourists who will stand there with their camera phones out all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I support the match going fans. Any other position is incorrect imo.

I support the match going fans who would replace these guys if they don't buy more tickets.

2-2

Thanks Migs.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Disgraceful shít once again from us. Sunderland will win this yet.

I hate Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ahh lads

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Those publicised prices didn't include the hospitality prices.

The only thing embarrassing is some fans not caring how much the club charge for tickets just because they rarely go to games.

They looked like total and utter morons leaving and sticking up their fingers while their team playing and in need of their support.

It's the fans fault that it's now 2-2. Everyone leaving ruined the atmosphere and our momentum. Absolute idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hah! Liverpool will probably still find a way through though.

Disgraceful shít once again from us. Sunderland will win this yet.

I hate Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

What a load of sh*t. I'm sure the fans leaving had no impact on the team. Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cattermole nearly in
    That would of put the cattermole the pigeons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just after turning on the game. Good goal Defoe

Cattermole nearly in
    That would of put the cattermole the pigeons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

****ing shiiiiiiiite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Prices have gone bonkers in the last 10 years. How is a young lad supposed to go to a game.

Prices of everything are a lot more now than 10 years ago.

Concert tickets, GAA matches, Pack of Fags, Pint of Heinken. Prices go up for everything year on year.

As far as I'm aware its only one section of seats that the prices are going to 77. And that's not even for every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah im done watching this car crash week in, week out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Sakho is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Those protesters knew what was coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why does Sakho always get so tight to player he's marking. Same as against Norwich when yer man back flicked it into goal.

We're so mentally week, its embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Liverpool 77 minuters = big part of what's wrong with pool

• Advertisement

I blame the unintelligent fans who left

The people calling the fans idiots for this are the same people who called those protesting against Hicks and Gilette idiots. Obviously the club is in no way the same situation now as it was then, but they are right to protest against this and anyone embarrassed by it can fúck off.

Good for the protest though.

my friend wrote: »
    Liverpool 77 minuters = big part of what's wrong with pool

Are these posts for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone who says the fans walking out had nothing to do with this collapse is wrong. The players stopped going as soon as they walked out.

Anyone defending them clearly didn't read the facts about ticket prices either, or they wouldn't be siding with them. Prices are going down for most of the fcuking stadium, only 200 tickets are going up and those are new seats, at low level hospitality.

If someone wants to debate the ticket prices, read the bloody facts first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nice of the Liverpool players to leave early with the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Prices of everything are a lot more now than 10 years ago.

Concert tickets, GAA matches, Pack of Fags, Pint of Heinken. Prices go up for everything year on year.

As far as I'm aware its only one section of seats that the prices are going to 77. And that's not even for every game.

The rest of the stand is 75 and 71 quid.

The people calling the fans idiots for this are the same people who called those protesting against Hicks and Gilette idiots. Obviously the club is in no way the same situation now as it was then, but they are right to protest against this and anyone embarrassed by it can fúck off.

I think today's protest, for the individual cause thats in it, is a little misguided. However, I'm not against protesting against rising ticket prices as a whole, so I'm somewhat conflicted by it all, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Surely the blame lies with a Mignolet and Sakho? They are the ones who couldn't keep the ball out of the net.

• Advertisement

Especially the ones on here who are blaming the walkout for this collapse. Because if the fans had stayed in their seats, Mignolet would have saved that free kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

They looked like total and utter morons leaving and sticking up their fingers while their team playing and in need of their support.

It's the fans fault that it's now 2-2. Everyone leaving ruined the atmosphere and our momentum. Absolute idiots.

As a United fan I say fair play to them walking out, this could be the beginning of a massive change, hopefully other teams start to do the same, a draw when when you're not really in the hunt for anything league wise isn't a massive price to pay for it

And I doubt the fans walking out had a thing to do with the draw anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone who says the fans walking out had nothing to do with this collapse is wrong. The players stopped going as soon as they walked out.

Anyone defending them clearly didn't read the facts about ticket prices either, or they wouldn't be siding with them. Prices are going down for most of the fcuking stadium, only 200 tickets are going up and those are new seats, at low level hospitality.

This is spot on.

The mass exodus broke the players concentration end of.

It looks like a home match for Man City this except with red seats instead of blue.

Nothing to do with the protest. It was another howler by Mignolet. And more poor defending from Sakho. They do the same most weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Need a total clearout, same ****e every week, just sickens me

• Advertisement

Mignolet thought about handling that for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not very often I'd be unhappy with a point away to Liverpool, but that does nothing for us really. We're still gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What about the tickets at 75 and 71 quid though. Why ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fecking play Ward for the rest of the season get rid of that keeper

Nice of the Liverpool players to leave early with the fans

It's the fans fault we didn't win this game. Pretend it's not if you want but you will be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

monkey9 wrote: »
    It looks like a home match for Man City this except with red seats instead of blue.

They're the match going fans, they can do what they want. What help are you giving the team there on your laptop in Ireland watching the game on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You hear fans, pundits and coaches talking about how many points a top keeper is worth to a team per season but I wonder how many does Mignolet cost Liverpool? Today was certainly another 2 added into the mix because Sunderland were dead and buried and Mignolet just invites the opposition back into the game. He's well off the standard required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Why did the players leave after 77mins? Thought it was just a fans protest?

Even Klopp didn't show up, poor devil is doing worse than Rodgers

The concentration fell on 77th min
    Coincidence maybe
    But watching people leave out of corner of ones eye is off putting
    The chants were off putting too
    Can only blame the players though

emmetkenny wrote: »
    This is spot on.

The mass exodus broke the players concentration end of.

If that were true, the players should probably just be fined for their unprofessionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nothing to do with the protest. It was another howler by Mignolet. And more poor defending from Sakho. They do the same most weeks.

Sakho got totally bullied by Defoe, seriously how anyone rates him especially a Liverpool fan is beyond me.
    Himself and that flute in goals cost us once again

Bring back Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What about the tickets at 75 and 71 quid though. Why ignore them.

What about the fans that walked out in the 75th and 71st minutes? Oh yeah, there weren't any. We'd all love prices to go down of course, but they made a point out of the £77 pound tickets by walking out in the 78th minute, can't count either apparently.

The capacity of the stadium is increasing. All the seats that are already there are either going to cost the same or less next season. These higher ticket prices are to subsidise the cost of the expansion, and every single one of them will be filled next season, bar the odd cup game or Cat C game.

Anyways, enough about being dissapointed by Liverpool today, I'm off to be dissapointed by Mayo now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement