Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sunderland Match Thread 3pm kick off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fecking play Ward for the rest of the season get rid of that keeper

I agree with this. I've never even seen Danny Ward play before but I agree with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bring back Rodgers

Keep trying if you want but i dont think anyone gives a **** about the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Boom!!! What a comeback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sunderland please don't smuggle mignolet onto the team bus going home. We'd miss him...honestly.

****ing clown shoes get out of this club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

niallo27 wrote:
    Keep trying if you want but i dont think anyone gives a **** about the match.

Why wouldn't they? Just blew any chance of top 4 are you telling me nobody cares????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

niallo27 wrote: »
    The rest of the stand is 75 and 71 quid.

So a 2% and 8% increase respectively over the old rates for 200 seats?

That's £2 and £6 increase. Its hard to believe young lads will be priced out of going to a game over that increase in tickets.

That's a pint/few bars of chocolate or packs of crisps for the week before a game if your really struggling.

BTW I'm not saying I agree with the price increase I just find it bizarre that people can complain over such a small increase which will affect such a small number of seats.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What about the fans that walked out in the 75th and 71st minutes? Oh yeah, there weren't any. We'd all love prices to go down of course, but they made a point out of the £77 pound tickets by walking out in the 78th minute, can't count either apparently.

The capacity of the stadium is increasing. All the seats that are already there are either going to cost the same or less next season. These higher ticket prices are to subsidise the cost of the expansion, and every single one of them will be filled next season, bar the odd cup game or Cat C game.

Anyways, enough about being dissapointed by Liverpool today, I'm off to be dissapointed by Mayo now.

The lower main stand is going from 56 and 59 pound up to 71, 75 and 77 pound. That is a pretty big rise would you not agree.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So a 2% and 8% increase respectively over the old rates for 200 seats?

That's £2 and £6 increase. Its hard to believe young lads will be priced out of going to a game over that increase in tickets.

That's a pint/few bars of chocolate or packs of crisps for the week before a game if your really struggling.

BTW I'm not saying I agree with the price increase I just find it bizarre that people can complain over such a small increase which will affect such a small number of seats.

No these tickets are 56 and 59 quid now so its a 20 quid increase on most of the lower stand.

niallo27 wrote:
    The lower main stand is going from 51 and 53 pound up to 71, 75 and 77 pound. That is a pretty big rise would you not agree.

When you add in the state of the stadium and quality of football on show then you can understand the upset of Liverpool fans, correct to walk out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

monkey9 wrote: »
    They're the match going fans, they can do what they want. What help are you giving the team there on your laptop in Ireland watching the game on tv.

Yeah they can of course do what they want, but they're making a fool of themselves protesting an issue that will not affect their own ticket prices.

Most of them will be paying less next season, and they are blindly protesting to help the rich folk save a few pound. It's a bit like a crowd of us marching to Dáil Éireann and demanding lower tax rates for TDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The lower main stand is going from 51 and 53 pound up to 71, 75 and 77 pound. That is a pretty big rise would you not agree.

Seriously? You sure about that? Because that's bloody outrageous.

Why wouldn't they? Just blew any chance of top 4 are you telling me nobody cares????

Top 4 was gone weeks ago.

Kirby wrote: »
    Seriously? You sure about that? Because that's bloody outrageous.

Sorry got the prices wrong its 56 and 59 now. Still a big increase.

monkey9 wrote: »
    If that were true, the players should probably just be fined for their unprofessionalism.

Ball went out of play. Players look around and see everyone pouring out. Of course that would affect them.

If U2 are playing a concert and half the crowd leave over ticket price increase of course the band will pause and think WTF.

Wimbledon, Grand slam final. If the same happens mid rally you can be assured the players will loose focus and cost one of them points.

A mass exodus will pull the players/musicians/actors/artists/whoever out of their focus and it will break concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Even Klopp didn't show up, poor devil is doing worse than Rodgers

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I love the idea of Irish fans on a forum having a go at the local match-going fans who've been going to Liverpool games for years/decades. Easy to do so when you're not the ones getting shafted week-in, week-out. Without them collectively putting millions into the club over the decades, Liverpool would never have become a big club that the whiners on here would've ever heard of, let alone support.

At a time when EPL teams are less reliant than ever on gates, why should fans just shut up and accept being ripped off? In 1990, general admission was £4. What else has seen an inflation rate of 1,000%+ in this time.

I applaud every Liverpool fan who had the balls to stand up for themselves today. This is something that's far more important than a one-off league game.

Huh?

6 points off the too when Rodgers was sacked.. 15 points off now. And its not as though the teams at the top are setting a good standard. 50 points for first place after 25 games is as poor a pace that has ever been set in the Premier League I would guess.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I love the idea of Irish fans on a forum having a go at the local match-going fans who've been going to Liverpool games for years/decades. Easy to do so when you're not the ones getting shafted week-in, week-out. Without them collectively putting millions into the club over the decades, Liverpool would never have become a big club that the whiners on here would've ever heard of, let alone support.

At a time when EPL teams are less reliant than ever, why should fans just shut up and accept being ripped off? In 1990, general admission was £4. What else has seen an inflation rate of 1,000%+ in this time.

I applaud every Liverpool fan who had the balls to stand up for themselves today. This is something that's far more important than a one-off league game.

Liverpool will fill the ground every week if every fan that left today stays at home. They were wasting their time, looking like fools and caused the team to mess up the game.

6 points off the too when Rodgers was sacked.. 15 points off now. And its not as though the teams at the top are setting a good standard. 50 points for first place after 25 games is as poor a pace that has ever been set in the Premier League I would guess.

I meant, where was Klopp?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Liverpool have to raise the ticket prices - they won't be getting any champions league cash next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Poor auld Rodgers is looking like a better manager with every passing week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Liverpool will fill the ground every week if every fan that left today stays at home. They were wasting their time, looking like fools and caused the team to mess up the game.

The most stupid post of 2016 easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Terrible 2 points to drop for Pool they were home and hosed.Their season is petering out now anyways so these results do happen.

No these tickets are 56 and 59 quid now so its a 20 quid increase on most of the lower stand.

Ok I must have picked it up wrong then. From what I read was that only 200 seats of the current capacity was going up to the £77 from £71 or £74.

What in fact is happening is they will keep the same number of seats eg 30,000 at the £71 or £74 but now these seats will be in the new stand rather than where the seats currently are?

He was sick TBF 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thought I heard he has appendicitis and couldn't be at the game.

blueser wrote: »
    Thought I heard he has appendicitis and couldn't be at the game.

Got to feel for anyone with a bad side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

If a few fans leaving 10 minutes early causes them to lose a 2-0 lead then they must be the most cowardly shower of players to ever play in the premiership.

My God they're a poor team. Could finish bottom half

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

who do you even support united?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

who do you even support, united?

• Advertisement

If a few fans leaving 10 minutes early causes them to lose a 2-0 lead then they must be the most cowardly shower of players to ever play in the premiership.

My God they're a poor team. Could finish bottom half

As someone else pointed out the crowd leaving would mess up anyone who operate in front of a crowd. A band, an actor on stage, a tennis player, a golfer. People in here are deluded if they can't understand that. All I care about are results and today's result was influenced by the needless behaviour of the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

As someone else pointed out the crowd leaving would mess up anyone who operate in front of a crowd. A band, a play, a tennis player, a golfer. People in here are deluded if they can't understand that.

Ah will you stop with that nonsense. What's the excuse when the same players make the same mistakes every other game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

How? This is a squad of players he had a large hand in putting together and coaching for an extended period of time and, for the most part, they were average under him and they remain pretty average now. How does that reflect well on Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They mentioned it on TV ,that 1200 tickets have increased to £77.200 tickets for 6 games next season.

Is that true ?

TrueIt wrote: »
    who do you even support united?

That's quite a non sequitur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How? This is a squad of players he had a large hand in putting together and coaching for an extended period of time and, for the most part, they were average under him and they remain pretty average now. How does that reflect well on Rodgers?

Rodgers did well when he had Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling all fit and available. Only one of them is still at the club and is largely a mascot these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As someone else pointed out the crowd leaving would mess up anyone who operate in front of a crowd. A band, an actor on stage, a tennis player, a golfer. People in here are deluded if they can't understand that. All I care about are results and today's result was influenced by the needless behaviour of the crowd.

Laughable!! Idiotic comparison

Ah will you stop with that nonsense. What's the excuse when the same players make the same mistakes every other game?

With the ground full and the fans behind the team we would have been pushing for a 3rd. Instead the place went dead and the team went into their shell.

Rodgers did well when he had Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling all fit and available. Only one of them is still at the club and is largely a mascot these days.

True, that was a high point but saying that a squad largely constructed by Rodgers, who struggled big time under Rodgers (particularly in the last season) who spent a long time under the coaching of Rodgers and who continue to struggle under a different coach does not reflect well on Rodger's ability as a coach.

• Advertisement

He was putting more points on the board with the same squad of players. He certainly wasn't doing any worse than the much vaunted Jurgen Klopp. I'd say that reflects pretty well on him.

Ok I must have picked it up wrong then. From what I read was that only 200 seats of the current capacity was going up to the £77 from £71 or £74.

What in fact is happening is they will keep the same number of seats eg 30,000 at the £71 or £74 but now these seats will be in the new stand rather than where the seats currently are?

The highest price at the moment is 59 quid not 71 or 74.

He was putting more points on the board with the same squad of players. He certainly wasn't doing any worse than the much vaunted Jurgen Klopp. I'd say that reflects pretty well on him.

Not really at all. It means he put together a very average squad of footballers for a very considerable cost and failed to truly improve these players on the training ground, which is something the really great coaches do. Judging Klopp negatively based on the performance of this squad is naive, trying to enhance Rodgers reputation based on Klopp'a short performance of a squad Rodgers put together and coached for a long time is downright silly.

Not really at all. It means he put together a very average squad of footballers for a very considerable cost and failed to truly improve these players on the training ground, which is something the really great coaches do. Judging Klopp negatively based on the performance of this squad is naive, trying to enhance Rodgers reputation based on Klopp'a short performance of a squad Rodgers put together and coached for a long time is downright silly.

I didn't judge Klopp negatively. I didn't judge Klopp at all. I judged Rodgers. Putting words in my mouth is downright silly.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Laughable!! Idiotic comparison

How is it idiotic? It is exatly what happened.
    Something in the crowd can easily sway what happens on the field.

County final I played in a few years ago and a fight broke out in the stand in the last two minutes in one corner. Ball was played into that corner and the CB had a quick look to the stand to see what was going on. CF caught the ball and has a two yard headstart on the CB and buried the ball in the goal. They won by that goal. If the CB hadn't been distracted by the crowd he would have been closer to the CF and would have had a much better chance to stop him.

How is it idiotic? It is exatly what happened.
    Something in the crowd can easily sway what happens on the field.

County final I played in a few years ago and a fight broke out in the stand in the last two minutes in one corner. Ball was played into that corner and the CB had a quick look to the stand to see what was going on. CF caught the ball and has a two yard headstart on the CB and buried the ball in the goal. They won by that goal. If the CB hadn't been distracted by the crowd he would have been closer to the CF and would have had a much better chance to stop him.

Why wasnt the CF distracted by the crowd.

• Advertisement

The highest price at the moment is 59 quid not 71 or 74.

Are those £59 tickets now going to be available in the new stand? And the old seats going up to the £77?

I didn't judge Klopp negatively. I didn't judge Klopp at all. I judged Rodgers. Putting words in my mouth is downright silly.

By saying Rodgers is looking like a better manager every week you are, by proxy, comparing him to Klopp with the insinuation that as Klopp's reputation falls, Rodger's rises. Anyway this isn't a court so I don't particularly care about the semantics of it, I'm watching a match, I know what your point meant, so do you, it was entirely incorrect and poorly conceived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There are lots of ways to protest. Don't buy any food and drink for example. But walking out on your team is an absolute shambles. When it happened I said to myself I hope that backfires and sure enough, two points were thrown away.

And of course that would have an effect on a team.

Are you refering to Rodgers at the start of the season?

If so Rodgers had far far fewer injuries so maybe the same squad but not the same players on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There are lots of ways to protest. Don't buy any food and drink for example. But walking out on your team is an absolute shambles. When it happened I said to myself I hope that backfires and sure enough, two points were thrown away.

And of course that would have an effect on a team.

I'd say they all feel like absolute crap now. They were probably all thinking at least we're comfortable when leaving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement