Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Leicester City - 12:45pm - BT Sport 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Silva is so overrated.

He's struggled since returning from injury, looks nowhere near as sharp and certainly isn't as decisive as he was pre injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Drinkwater in his natural habitat, it's pissing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

very frustrating

Half done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Defending for the first goal was pathetic and Kolorov wants a good kick in the hole after some of his deliveries in the first half.Awful from him.

Have to fancy Leicester now City's defence looks terrified of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

a team that defends as City does is not, in my mind at least, a true Champions League contender

Barca have shown you can win everything with an average defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lots of talk about empty seats. Is there not a staged protest happening in some stadiums today over ticket prices or something?

City's ticket pricing is one of the best and most value for money in the Premiership. Think I read their most expensive season ticket is only £5 more than Stokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

That_Guy wrote: »
    Howard Webb's position with BT Sport is pointless. He offers absolutely nothing.

Agree.BT's constant discussions regarding referee's decisions is really annoying.Discussing refereeing decisions is by far the most boring aspect of TV coverage and yet BT seem to put a massive emphasis on even the smallest of incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Not for me. Yaya is still a more integral player for City in attack than Silva for me, and Aguero of course.

For me? Why do people talk this way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Leicester very lucky to get through the first half with one yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Barca defend from the front. Vardy is a more valuable all round player than Aguero, and when he's putting up similar scoring numbers he's simply more valuable.

That's entirely incorrect. Look at Barcelona's defensive stats under Pep and Enrique. The thought process that a defensive performance is based just in your 3 or 4 man backline is silly. It's about everyone. Look at how Barcelona, or other top teams, press the ball, look at how they are always in a shape to win the ball back instantly or at least slow down an impending attack. Compare that to Man City who always look so open right after the turnover, the ease with which teams get onto their back four and are met with minimal resistance is shocking. It's about having a philosophy and a way for dealing with teams when you don't have the ball and City have always striker me as a team under Pellegrini with very little care devoted to that side of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

user2011 wrote: »
    Agreed. Leicester certainly like to get stuck in; Aguero is being fouled almost every time he gets the ball. Taylor isn't a great ref though, so his display doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

1 shot on target so far for City.

Guardiola out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Leicester 1 up and Vardy or Mahrez yet to score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Canadel wrote: »
    Barca defend from the front. Vardy is a more valuable all round player than Aguero, and when he's putting up similar scoring numbers he's simply more valuable.

Aguero is and always will be twice the player Vardy is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

very frustrating

Stuck in traffic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Liam O wrote: »
    Aguero is and always will be twice the player Vardy is.
    Nope. To begin with, right now he isn't the better player, never mind twice the player.

1 Leicester player carries the ball 70 yards, plays a 1-2 and creates a chance from the end line. You can only laugh really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

user2011 wrote: »

Thought they had two ( Simpson and Morgan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What a goal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, great goal

Kante You Fuppin Giant!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mahrez is one of the best in the league, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

****ing hell... What a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Unreal! I really hope they go and win the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can we believe now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sold the defender and goalie with 2 different dummies/looks, great goal.

my friend wrote: »
    Leicester 1 up and Vardy or Mahrez yet to score!

Massive!

Now Vardy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That's that then. Well done to Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My god, what a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jesus lol

Like I was saying, that's unacceptable. You simply can't defend like that as a team, you can't ignore what the other team do on the ball or just pretend it isn't happening and be happy to play some nice stuff when you eventually get it back. You must be proactive, you must have a plan. If your aspirations are as big as City's you must do these things because you'll never win the Champions League with City's attitude to work off the ball. It's genuinely disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really hope they don't do Liverpool on it now and blow it.

I think they have a manger well able to deal with the pressure though something Liverpool didn't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Like I was saying, that's unacceptable. You simply can't defend like that as a team, you can't ignore what the other team do on the ball or just pretend it isn't happening and be happy to play some nice stuff when you eventually get it back. You must be proactive, you must have a plan. If your aspirations are as big as City's you must do these things because you'll never win the Champions League with City's attitude to work off the ball. It's genuinely disgraceful.

I think that is what Pep will change when he comes in. It's why I think yaya will be out this summer.

Loving this game!

France must be sick they never gave Mahrez a senior kit

Algerias gain

I've only just started watching the second half, to my (extremely) untrained eye I'd be blaming midfield for leaving too much of a gap between themselves and the deferends, you can let attackers run at defenders like that in any sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think they have a manger well able to deal with the pressure though something Liverpool didn't have.

Has he ever been in this position before and went on and won it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thought they had two ( Simpson and Morgan)

Simpson booked in the second half.

Good save, free header that close to goal should be put away though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Has he ever been in this position before and went on and won it?

Not sure being honest if he won it from similar but he has been in the race in 3/4 countries so I would say that alone is experience enough about title run ins.

Mushy wrote: »
    I think that is what Pep will change when he comes in. It's why I think yaya will be out this summer.

Loving this game!

Big time, one of his obsessions is shape on the ball and how it should lead to being able to win back possession quickly. It's not just about pressing but being in the right shape to press effectively. Watch his Bayern Munich team later play Bayer Leverkusen and compare their entire approach off the ball to City's and you'll see an absolutely massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Ah they're nowhere near Liverpool territory yet, Liverpool only had 3 games to go when they blow it. Still a long way to go but my God whatan opportunity they have to do the impossible.

What a team they are

• Advertisement

3-0!!! :D

They're gonna win the league!

3-0!!! :D

They're gonna win the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is just great. I like Pellegrini and I don't have anything against City but Leicester City are just a fairytale and hopefully there is a happy ending to this story come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hahahahaahaha

Gowan leicester

3-0 for Leicester!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement