Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Leicester City - 12:45pm - BT Sport 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

This is great

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

3-0, they're definitely staying up now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Their might be a god.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Liam O wrote: »
    It's unfortunate but I think the stars will align and City will smash them.
    Your prediction is looking spot on :pac:
    City are smashing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol brilliant and well deserved for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Oh my goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Clareman wrote: »
    I've only just started watching the second half, to my (extremely) untrained eye I'd be blaming midfield for leaving too much of a gap between themselves and the deferends, you can let attackers run at defenders like that in any sport

Absolutely, I mean it's an entire collection of things. At the turnover City are woeful, how often do they immediately win the ball back ever? They struggle to stop the first phase of opposition attacks, the attacking 3 midfielders are careless out of possession, the holding midfielder is asked to do way too much, the defenders totally exposed. Lack of shape, lack of a plan, lack of the correct mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wow wow wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

And its all deserved!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Absolutely hilarious defending. When Robert Huth scores twice against you, you know you have problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Has he ever been in this position before and went on and won it?

Well he was top of the league with Roma with 4 or 5 games to go and threw it away, but he wasn't 6 points clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    lol brilliant and well deserved for City.

You could technically say that about both teams. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lot of empty seats with 30 mins still to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are doing it with such style! I mean, it's not good for the nerves watching them take so much pressure but boy are they wonderful to watch on the counter attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah they're nowhere near Liverpool territory yet, Liverpool only had 3 games to go when they blow it. Still a long way to go but my God whatan opportunity they have to do the impossible.

What a team they are

Last 3 games are Everton, United and Chelsea. Tough finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Are we just gonna ignore that it was defo a free out?!? Who cares tho i guess. Its great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Lot of empty seats with 30 mins still to play.

There was lots of empty seats with 90 mins to play!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

This is great for football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Howard Webb the bitter bastard.

Vardy, Mahrez or Kante. Any of them could win Player of the Year. If it's not an award given on reputation like I fear it is, one of them must win. I'd go for Kante.

There was lots of empty seats with 90 mins to play!!!!!
    Biggest ever crowd at the stadium since the expansion; it was mentioned in the commentary. Over 54k. Engage your brain before posting drivel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Huth was bought for £3 million after being loaned to Leicester for 4 months

£3 million takes 2 goals and counting from City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »

Few tough games recently, seem to have this won and beat Spurs in league.

No cup competitions to bog them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

martyos121 wrote: »
    Vardy, Mahrez or Kante. Any of them could win Player of the Year. If it's not an award given on reputation like I fear it is, one of them must win. I'd go for Kante.

Not a hope anyone other than Vardy wins it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

blueser wrote: »
    Biggest ever crowd at the stadium since the expansion; it was mentioned in the commentary. Over 54k. Engage your brain before posting drivel.

Only because the champions elect are in town

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Maybe announcing Pep as manager so soon was a mistake. Professionalism seems to have gone out the window for City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

blueser wrote: »
    Biggest ever crowd at the stadium since the expansion;

And they still can't fill it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Not a hope anyone other than Vardy wins it.

Mahrez has been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No other player has stood out as much this year.

Myself I'd give it to Mahrez.

But Leicester have been a breath of fresh air this year. Playing without fear and playing their own game against everyone else. And credit to Raneiri for this.

No one in the right mind can say they don't deserve to be where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Kante my player of the season no matter what happens from here on out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

niallo27 wrote: »

They could have it wrapped up by then!

keith16 wrote: »
    And they still can't fill it.
    The game, as with nearly all the PL games this season, was officially sold out. If fans can't be arsed turning up, there's not much the club can do. The tickets were sold.

Really hope Leicester's big players stick around for the Champions League campaign next season, be interesting to see what they could do in Europe. Reaching the last 16 would be a great achievement for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You could technically say that about both teams. :pac:

I meant City with best team, Leicester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great response from Vardy there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

paulbok wrote: »
    Only because the champions elect are in town

Half of the home fans will be supporting Leicester next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Mahrez has been better.

he has, but Vardy will win it due to that goalscoring streak and the England Factor from Lower League Story

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    They could have it wrapped up by then!

Hopefully

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Maybe announcing Pep as manager so soon was a mistake. Professionalism seems to have gone out the window for City

That's a cop out and, I'd say even a bit disrespectful to Leicester. I'm sure there's almost a dozen games you could reference this season where City have been mediocre out of possession, Leicester have just been good enough to punish them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Joe Hart the only player actually playing well for City, regards player of the year, it would be a disgrace if if one of the 3 mentioned already or Ozil dont win it, Id pick Vardy myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Grossing from Manchester City has been woefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's a cop out and, I'd say even a bit disrespectful to Leicester. I'm sure there's almost a dozen games you could reference this season where City have been mediocre out of possession, Leicester have just been good enough to punish them.

More thinking of the second half of the away game at Sunderland too on top of this. Yaya Toure is basically unusable for me now as he & the world knows he's a goner.
    It was a naive announcement at a club who lost to Wigan in a cup final to end Mancini's managerial career there. Wasn't a shot at Leicester like you claim :rolleyes:

Really hope Leicester's big players stick around for the Champions League campaign next season, be interesting to see what they could do in Europe. Reaching the last 16 would be a great achievement for them.

You cant expect mahrez to turn down 150k a week though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Reckon the city fans will walk out in the 77th min, if they haven't done so already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

This game could end 5-0

ERG89 wrote: »
    More thinking of the second half of the away game at Sunderland too on top of this Yaya Toure is basically unusable for me now as he & the world knows he's a goner.
    It was a naive announcement at a club who lost to Wigan in a cup final to end Mancini's managerial career there. Wasn't a shot at Leicester like you claim :rolleyes:

I don't think it's fair though to put this result down to City being unprofessional due to the managerial announcement when they've been just as poor defensively in other games this season pre announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He won't get anywhere near as many plaudits as Vardy, Mahrez etc but Okazaki is a lovely player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine they had to announce signing him as they would have to have signed something with him to stop him going to other clubs, you can't keep something like that quiet I'd say.

Advertisement