Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Leicester City - 12:45pm - BT Sport 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

my friend wrote: »
    This game could end 5-0

Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Delighted for Leicester, Ranieri and their fans. Hopefully they can keep it up over the next 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

This is glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Whats funny is this time could very well win the league, and have quiet a few English men, but how much honestly will make the Euros, Vardy
    You would think Albrighton, Drinkwater and Morgan might make it but they will lose out to players who havent made have the impression this year or past few years even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Man city thrown in the towel here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Everything changes after today though for Lecister. They will be favourites now. How will they react to it.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Everything changes after today though for Lecister. They will be favourites now. How will they react to it.

Arsenal still favourites for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

GreNoLi wrote: »

The Arsenal team currently 8 points behind the league leaders...?

Not for me. There is not enough goals in the team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It's speed, intensity and team work from Leicester

It's distillation of human spirit in team sport at its best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Back on here

Aw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd imagine they had to announce signing him as they would have to have signed something with him to stop him going to other clubs, you can't keep something like that quiet I'd say.

Where else would he go?
    That deal was in the pipeline a while I'd guess.
    They have Arsenal next.......

Next up for Leicester? Arsenal. Bring it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaahhh it doesn't fúcking matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jesus Simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Looked offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bit offside there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Aguero you clown.
    That would have made it interesting for the last few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well done Leicester, delighted for them. Can't wait to see them in the CL next season, hopefully as league champions.

• Advertisement

• Haha Jeff stelling with the banter

"If you want to avoid the traffic in Manchester City just stay until the end"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

niallo27 wrote:
    You cant expect mahrez to turn down 150k a week though.
    From who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Great result for football. City will have to spend another fortune next season to keep the 'project' going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wonderful match. The overrated City crushed and put back in their box.

Excellent start to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well anyone who doesn't think Pep has a job on next season can watch that game on repeat, some real issues still with this City squad both in terms of personnel and their approach to the game. Complete and total neglect of everything off the ball. Poor choices and execution in possession today. Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Haha Jeff stelling with the banter

"If you want to avoid the traffic in Manchester City just stay until the end"
    Stelling has major issues with us, for some unknown reason. He's had countless snidey little digs this past few years. The bloke is a pr1ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jive wrote: »
    This game comes at a time to suit Leicester. They're playing a bit **** against everyone but soaking up pressure hoping to counter, man city haven't the paciest cbs in the world. lei 1-0 win vardy 72nd minute cya

Got the winner right at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Last 3 games are Everton, United and Chelsea. Tough finish
    All set up for Utd or Chelsea to spoil Leicester's shot at the title. It would really sum up the season. I hope I'm wrong and Vardy and the gang smash them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So it begins:pac::pac:
    I really dont think any football fan is not enjoying what Leicester are doing this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

If they can avoid defeat to Arsenal next week they might well have wrapped it up before they even go into their tough final 3 games, especially as all the teams around them seem to been giving points away as if they were going out of Fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DubDani wrote: »
    If they can avoid defeat to Arsenal next week they might well have wrapped it up before they even go into their tough final 3 games, especially as all the teams around them seem to been giving points away as if they were going out of Fashion.

They seem to play better against the bigger teams though. They're gonna struggle to break some teams down when they're coming to set up and let Leicester have the ball. Bournemouth/Villa games being an example. Hoping they can crack them down and keep the run going.

Their run of games after Arsenal until the end of April are very very favourable!

Canadel wrote: »
    All set up for Utd or Chelsea to spoil Leicester's shot at the title. It would really sum up the season. I hope I'm wrong and Vardy and the gang smash them both.

Thought you supported United or was it just Welbeck?

• Announcing pep so soon may end up having a detrimental effect on both the current man city management team and the current squad

Thought you supported United or was it just Welbeck?
    I'm a football fan. I don't support anyone. I support everyone.

Canadel wrote: »
    I'm a football fan. I don't support anyone. I support everyone.

A football fan with no allegiance is just weird.

• Advertisement

Announcing pep so soon may end up having a detrimental effect on both the current man city management team and the current squad

Cheap way out. Didn't affect Heynkes Bayern team, won't affect Pep's Bayern team, in any case, City are often mediocre defensively as they were again today.

DubDani wrote: »

Let's see what Watford do with Spurs today,

Spurs next game after is City

Scenario:

Watford draw or beat Spurs
    Spurs beat City
    Leicester beat Arsenal

That creates a possible 8/9 point gap at the top by the end of next weekend!

A football fan with allegiances to only one club is far weirder.

I have allegiances to good football. Exciting football.

• Cheap way out. Didn't affect Heynkes Bayern team, won't affect Pep's Bayern team, in any case, City are often mediocre defensively as they were again today.

Yea, because the German league is such a challange ;)

From who?

From a number of clubs i would presume.

• Advertisement

Yea, because the German league is such a challange ;)

Haha I'm tempted to bite but I won't for the sake of my thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Why? Football is an entertainment product and its followers are just consumers in the eyes of the clubs so what's wrong with someone consuming it as such?

Which film studio do you support? Which television channel do you support? Which music publisher do you support?

Some people just treat football differently. I like watching good football, I like watching good movies and I like eating good food. I don't care who makes any of them.

Why? Football is an entertainment product and its followers are just consumers in the eyes of the clubs so what's wrong with someone consuming it as such?

Which film studio do you support? Which television channel do you support? Which music publisher do you support?

Some people just treat football differently. I like watching good football, I like watching good movies and I like eating good food. I don't care who makes any of them.

+1

I wish i was like you but for some reason I let Liverpool ruin my weekend nearly every week now.

It's weird in the sense that it's out of the ordinary. You're equating sport with all sorts of irrelevant things there, I know you think you're making an interesting point but you're not.

A football fan that doesn't support a club team is out of the ordinary, I don't know of any personally.

Supporting a team doesn't prohibit you watching good football elsewhere btw.

It's weird in the sense that it's out of the ordinary. You're equating sport with all sorts of irrelevant things there, I know you think you're making an interesting point but you're not.

A football fan that doesn't support a club team is out of the ordinary, I don't know of any personally.

Supporting a team doesn't prohibit you watching good football elsewhere btw.

I think though that by supporting a team it biases your perceptions of the quality of football other teams produce because you'll automatically look to put your club on a pedestal.

I think though that by supporting a team it biases your perceptions of the quality of football other teams produce because you'll automatically look to put your club on a pedestal.

Well you would know all about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I wish i was like you but for some reason I let Liverpool ruin my weekend nearly every week now.
    You try being a City fan this afternoon. If I had a cat, it'd be in serious danger!
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Reckon the city fans will walk out in the 77th min, if they haven't done so already

Both of them?

Well you would know all about that :)

Perhaps to an extent, it's no secret I adore the tiki taka football of Barcelona and everything else struggles to live up to that in my eyes. That being said I do appreciate many different teams and how they approach the game and I think this poster is of the same mind set, an appreciation for many different styles of football.

• Advertisement
Advertisement