Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Imogen - Feb 07/08-Strong Winds/High Seas for Southern Areas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Has it?

Lol. No, just no reports at midnight. Some malfunction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

All these reports and this is only the start of this.
    Another 9 hours of storm Imogen to go.:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gusting over 70 kph here near Tralee ( I see Fenit recent gust 99.7 kph )

Bar 973.4 kph Falling Rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Judging purely by the noise outside, this is more than a Yellow warning event here in West Clare. Damaging gusts for the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Picking up again here in south west Laois going by my chimney metre..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

The showers are horizontal here in West Limerick with strong gusts.

In the showers its as bad as any of the previous wind events. The showers are heavy too.

If I get a chance a little later after a mug of coffee I'll pop out with the handheld anemometer for some measurements. Ok, they won't be accurate or scientific but will give an indication of windspeed at almost ground level.

Not too bad driving around, no debris noted on the roads as yet. No reports of trees down either but I wouldn't expect to hear of any until people venture out in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Seems fairly strong alright, should be grand though. Hope Graces7 is doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Good night from a rare quiet and calm night in Mayo.

Padster90s wrote: »
    Seems fairly strong alright, should be grant though. Hope Graces7 is doing ok!

Yeah, hope so.

No doubt she'll be well wrapped up for herself.

Reports from mid-Kerry are not too bad. Gusty with the showers. Also reports of electricity failure. I suspect some of these are lightning related.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Just had Jan O'Sullivan blow at the window, she's still gawking in. Could have been worse though, at least it wasn't Michael Noonan.

• Advertisement

Padster90s wrote: »
    Just had Jan O'Sullivan blow at the window, she's still gawking in. Could have been worse though, at least it wasn't Michael Noonan.

There could be a lot of election posters relocated overnight! Nasty if one decides to get up close and personal with your windscreen while travelling. ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Starting to pick up south tipp/Waterford.

Nothing too bad...yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Sherkin 73 kts ( 135 kph )

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Winds picking up in Castlebar, getting 70 km/hr gusts now, weakest storm of the year wind wise, far worse last night, but it's been one of the wettest so far.

The big stuff yet to arrive

cJxP8mW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Quiet here in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

wind is very strong here in south west cork
    lights flickered on and off 3 times now
    should we be expecting worse in the hours to come???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Some very strong gusts here on Kenmare bay at 23.30, picking up again now. And no, I'm not venturing down the garden to tell you what the sea is doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

Power gone here in Fenit. Absolutely terrifying sound to the wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Limerick city, some very heavy rain passed through just there, wind whipping it against my building, sounds bad out there, attic room with southwest facing skylight window.

Strong winds and heavy butts of rain/hail, nothing worse than yesterday yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

It's very very bad here in West Kerry with some damaging gusts .. Really picking up the last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Pretty terrifying now in Tipp to be honest - Fethard area, howling gales and lashing wind just getting going in earnest now!!!

Power gone on Kenmare bay ten minutes ago and still off.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

goodies wrote:
    Power gone here in Fenit. Absolutely terrifying sound to the wind

Same here west cork.. kids were awake up and about with noise and howling noises!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

Anybody have any idea of how much longer this intense storm is going to last? In the dark here & house feels like it is vibrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Power gone on Kenmare bay ten minutes ago and still off.

mine went around the same time
    is yours back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

goodies wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea of how much longer this intense storm is going to last? In the dark here & house feels like it is vibrating

Weather warning is til noon but I imagine it will start easing off before that depending where you are located.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

On wexford wicklow border here and wind is not that bad. Has the worst yet to come?

Advertisement