Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLNA and Miracast

Options
  • 06-02-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

How can these be made to work on a PC? bought one of those MXq streaming boxes that hooks up to a tv that supports both and thought it might be an idea to try stream my PC through it, my Asus motherboard supports DLNA and came with a software suite but I can't make a connection, in windows 10 I see no option to 'add a wireless connection' in display .......is it enabled (or not) in the graphics card? network? .....would a pc wifi dongle work

Comments

Adding a wireless display in windows is not the same as dlna , also for that wireless display option to work the card needs to support miracast I believe.

I have no idea what options are available to you on the MXq box, I assume it runs either android or kodi or both. I have a plex server running on my pc and use that for streaming to my kodi box, you could also simply create a network share on the pc and the box should be able to see it but there are some issues with that.

windows 10 does have some dlna options you can have a look here http://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/ for some details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Yeah checked my card it doesn't support miracast ......the box is Android 4.4 loaded with a bunch of apps including Kodi, miracast and remote go.....tried all those setting with media player but no joy, given up trying at this stage too much hassle...can always use a usb stick if I want something from the PC

Advertisement