Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France vs Italy match thread.

Options
  • 06-02-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Sixmas everyone!

Comments

Good performances and handy run out for France please. False sense of security for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh Lord, RTE have taken up the TV3 idea of shoving ads in between anthems and KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Eames-Tables.gif

opening match thread deserves a table

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Depending on the angle that French jersey looks more like a training top.

Handy match for Guy Noves' debut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

french jersey looks class, wasnt sure about it on the pictures but it does look good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I threw the thread together on mobile, someone will get us a fancy table for the Calcutta cup.

Campagnaro is a magnificent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

vienne86 wrote: »
    Oh Lord, RTE have taken up the TV3 idea of shoving ads in between anthems and KO.

It was what, 30 seconds? Come on now. Is it really a big deal?

Yeah, it's just a bit of liebensraum. Now that they've done it it definitely won't get longer and more invasive...!

:pac:

We missed nothing, but just very irritating.

• Advertisement

Interesting tackle there from the French guy.

Nicely done from Canna.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

great drop kick - right option

Ah lovely DG. Delighted Italy rewarded for their efforts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well-taken drop goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

What's the difference between collapsing a choke tackle (a maul) and collapsing a maul?! Just out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Dayum I love that French jersey.

Italy suffered something awful last year for lack of a decent 10/goal kicker. Canna looks an improvement already.

Will23 wrote: »
    What's the difference between collapsing a choke tackle (a maul) and collapsing a maul?! Just out of interest.

There is no such thing as collapsing a choke tackle. A chock tackle can result in a maul however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The audio quality of the BBC commentary is awful. They really need to sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Best thing about the French so far are those jerseys.

God damn, I have Plisson as my kicker.

Ooop, he me get to kick yet, that was shnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Nice drop, indeed, but the French defence had absolutely no interest in trying to pressure it. He was in the pocket in plenty of time, it was a poor pass and he had time to pull it down, steady himself and lob the kick up. I don't think anyone got anywhere near him.

Not a good sign for the level of intensity they're bringing here. I think this tournament might tell us a lot about whether the rot is permanent in French rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Nice drop, indeed, but the French defence had absolutely no interest in trying to pressure it. He was in the pocket in plenty of time, it was a poor pass and he had time to pull it down, steady himself and lob the kick up. I don't think anyone got anywhere near him.

Not a good sign for the level of intensity they're bringing here. I think this tournament might tell us a lot about whether the rot is permanent in French rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Will23 wrote: »

In a choke tackle the ball carrier has been tackled so you're entitled to complete the tackle.

In a maul if you just tackle a non ball carrier at the front of the maul it's dangerous so hence the penalty. However if you manage to reach the ball carrier through the middle you can then tackle the carrier and bring it to ground legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Finish was too easy there. Nice try.

Well worked try. France look well organised.

Was his foot not in touch there?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Nice try from France, this Italian team don't look up to much though. But France looking to play rugby.

• Advertisement

Vakatawa's price for potential clubs will go up in the next few weeks I reckon.

Advertisement