Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs Italy match thread.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I guarantee you now that Doyle will give a penalty to France.

All these resets, but he'll give France a pen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That wasn't a high tackle, this is a high tackle...

https://twitter.com/eatsleeprugby/status/695866970890174464

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ah come on Sergio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

What the actual fcuk was that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah Parisse.....that didn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wft

Two out halves on the pitch....
    Did neither have the balls??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

What was he at there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What on earth was that?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Italian deflected balls trajectory with head

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah feck if parisse had gotten that it would have been great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Be curious where that'd have gone if it didn't hit off the head of his teammate

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What the hell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What the fcuk parisse. What was he at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

What the **** was Parisse thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Parisse is a superb player but that was utterly moronic. What a stupid decision from him. There were runners beside him looking to crash back up and set it up properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Gutted for Italy.

And now I fear for Ireland in the 6 Nations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Parisse is a great player but that was just selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Feck it anyway

In fairness Parisse was as likely to nail that as Haimona was.

Who wasn't stepping up to the plate that should have done? Haimona? McLean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I actually cracked a joke to my missus after about 4 phases of that "parisse is doing everything else, he'll probably have a drop at goal"

Barmy, but imagine if it had gone over!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think you're all being harsh on Parisse, it took a big deflection off a head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I'd make him walk home for that.

Torricelli wrote: »
    Parisse is a great player but that was just selfish.

I think other players were running away from stepping up to it tbh. I'm sure we'll find the story after the game.

In terms of Parisse getting the ball, can blame he placed on the nine for passing him the ball in the first place?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

What a shambles from Italy at the end. Eat up the clock trying to milk a scrum penalty, then ruck penalties, finally get some go forward building nicely...and Parisse throws it away with a poor attempt at a drop from distance.

Entertaining game all the same.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That was just dumb.

They were making ground, could have gone a few more phases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Brain fart from Parisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What a plonker, Parisse. I was dropping goals playing at number 8 when I played for Mount Temple U 14s #outhalftrappedinaforwardsbody :-)

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I'd make him walk home for that.

He's at home, isn't he?

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    Gutted for Italy.

And now I fear for Ireland in the 6 Nations.

Why? France were poor at home and having them away was one of the worries.

In fairness Parisse was as likely to nail that as Haimona was.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but it was the height of glory hunting from him. He takes on far too much at times with Italy when his team would be better served by the simpler action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Haimona had dropped back. I don't think it was case of them not stepping up I think they thought they were too far out.

Either would have been better but I didn't see the scrum half check the pocket until the final pass. They were making no yardage and should have spun it several phases before that rather than risking an error in the pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

what a dreadful biased decision by Doyle - once again dreadful refereeing ruining it for the small guys in International rugby - Shame

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And I live in Louth.

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think you're all being harsh on Parisse, it took a big deflection off a head

Good one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hmm. So much for great leadership. He shouldve called the pattern and forced one of the kickers into position, not get frustrated and pull a stunt like that. France were there for the taking today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

mansize wrote: »
    Brain fart from Parisse

Total brain fart.

With all the ****e we have to listen to about how much superior than us the southern hemisphere teams are (they're not; New Zealand excepted) that just shows a degree of idiocy that shows us all up.

None of those teams would ever have let a Number 8 take a pressure kick like that. OK, you oldies will say, Zinzan Brooke did it in a world cup semi final against England but that was when they were out of sight and taking the piss, thanks to the actions of a youthful mr Lomu.

Munster would NEVER have done something like that. They would have been patient, even if O'Gara wasn't on the field to take the kick.

Feck's sake: the Italians had done all the hard work:mad::mad::mad:

thebaz wrote: »
    what a dreadful biased decision by Doyle - once again dreadful refereeing ruining it for the small guys in International rugby - Shame

In fairness, Parisse was on the way down into the tackle if you're talking about the high one. It was a 50/50 to my mind and it appeared to me that he was held so correct call for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Who got Man of the Match?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Haimona, palazzani and McLean are all players who should have demanded that.

I don't know why posters are saying 'i fear for ireland in this 6n' ?
    I saw absolutely nothing there today to ha v e me worried. That France team is still all over the place and desperate at defending mauls.

Any structured team will beat both those teams.

France 5th and Italy 6th is my prediction.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Haimona, palazzani and McLean are all players who should have demanded that.

I saw absolutely nothing there today to ha v e me worried. That France team is still all over the place and desperate at defending mauls.

Any structured team will beat both those teams.

France 5th and Italy 6th is my prediction.

Haimona had dropped in to the pocket a couple phases before so the blame for that idiocy rests solely on Parisse. So disappointing from somebody who is usually one of the best in the business at every facet of the game.

sydthebeat wrote: »

Yup, odd bit of flair and attacking initiative from them but they were really poor up front. That's supposedly their first choice pack against Italy at home and needed a monster kick from a needlessly conceded late penalty to win.

I'm not sure if we'll win there but there's nothing to fear based on today. Plus we know Vakatawa is their go to tactic and we can shut him down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Buer wrote: »
    I know you're being tongue in cheek but it was the height of glory hunting from him. He takes on far too much at times with Italy when his team would be better served by the simpler action.

Think glory hunting is harsh. I thought he was super today. He's more than capable of kicking a drop goal from there. If he'd kicked it, we'd all be dissolving into floods of adoration.

In my far from expert opinion I thought France looked slightly better than they did at the WC in that for one or two minutes one or two players looked like they'd actually met each other before.
    Italy... I don't know, we struggled against them at the World Cup so it's hard to say whether they've improved or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Buer wrote: »
    In fairness, Parisse was on the way down into the tackle if you're talking about the high one. It was a 50/50 to my mind and it appeared to me that he was held so correct call for me.

yeah - that was the one - just sick of watching the smaller nations never getting the big calls in International rugby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Could Ireland be in line for the wooden spoon?

Flipper22 wrote: »
    Think glory hunting is harsh. I thought he was super today. He's more than capable of kicking a drop goal from there. If he'd kicked it, we'd all be dissolving into floods of adoration.

I'm more than capable of kicking a drop goal from there but I wouldn't in a match.

A no. 8 taking a shot at goal for the win, after the clock has gone dead in a huge test match is absolutely glory hunting, in my opinion.

That was completely absurd decision whether he got it or not. He had no business even being back there. He's badly needed up front to eke out yards, protect their ball and stand in the line to hinder any French chase to block.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

my friend wrote: »

Eh what?

my friend wrote: »

Lol, what?

• Advertisement
Advertisement