Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crossed neutrals

Options
2»

Comments

We will make electricity so cheap that only the rich will burn candles.

The grid doesn't want the competition. Closed shop.
    And the Minister for energy doesn't feel obliged to meet our EU renewable targets.

I've a back room fulla second hand gear cheap as chips and fairly high end with more on the way waiting for me to have the time to fit it. No install costs, no mandatory Irish spec. overpriced gubbins, ex service batteries, never used other than for system testing.
    Used grid tie gear goes for next to nothing because it's not eligible for for re-use in grid tie and nobody wants 48V stuff because it's too big for boats and campers. I promise I'll splash out on new protective breakers though. ;)

Perfectly legal give it to them for free by the way if it's signed off on, which some people are encouraged to do for BER/passive ratings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

How would that work?

Backspinning a meter is reducing your bill. Same as selling back.. illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Steve wrote: »
    How would that work?

Backspinning a meter is reducing your bill. Same as selling back.. illegal?
    Yea but if you spun it back due to surplus generation, in reality you have reduced their bill. Get them to install a smart meter.

I'm not selling it I'm using it.
    Minimum import.

It's also modular so I won't be obliged to install services in my next house which makes the possibilities interesting.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Backspinning a meter is reducing your bill. Same as selling back

Units off the import meter are worth far more than on the export meter.
    They paid less than they charged.

Advertisement