Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the name of this game I am looking for

• 06-02-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭

Just remembered an old arcade game I used to play in Dr quirkies (dublin) years ago. Probably talking around mid 90s.

The arcade machine had a steering wheel and a gun in which you would drive after people and shoot them. I think you were the police.

What a great game. Does anyone know the name by any chance?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Sounds like Lucky and Wild

http://youtu.be/_RqqaqUHsuU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »
    Sounds like Lucky and Wild

http://youtu.be/_RqqaqUHsuU

Just about to post with same!

118124212747.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bravo gentlemen. How did you even get that!? Well done to both of yous.

Man it's been years since I played it. Must reinstall mame now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Bravo gentlemen. How did you even get that!?

[Sarcasm]
    Step 1) open favourite web browser
    Step 2) navigate to www. google.ie
    Step 3) type "arcade game with steering wheel and gun"
    [/sarcasm]

Sorry. Couldn't resist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never heard of this before, looks kinda cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I was going to guess "Billy and the Cloneasaurus"

This game is one of my earliest arcade memories.
    Used to play it the leisure plex in tallagh before.
    That and playing pit fighter in the black church inn on the N7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never heard of this before, looks kinda cool.

It's an absolute blast, especially in 2 player. The banter between Riggs and Murtaugh the two leads only adds to it and it's got some of the best use of 2D scaling to create a 3D effect outside of Galaxy Force 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's an absolute blast, especially in 2 player. The banter between Riggs and Murtaugh the two leads only adds to it and it's got some of the best use of 2D scaling to create a 3D effect outside of Galaxy Force 2.

For me this was the pinnacle of 2D scaling, coupled with the bonkers hydraulic cab it was insanely good.

It ran on the same hardware as Galaxy Force/II, the Sega Y Board, according to the ever reliable Wiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I feel a bit sick after watching that, played it years ago, im thinking Mosnia.
    Remember it being difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow Id totally forgotten this, poured all my money into it on a school tour up to Dublin years ago, spent years afterwards thinking about the superior arcade games they had up in Dublin I was missing out on compared to sh1tty old Leisureland down in Galway, didn't know how good I had it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For me this was the pinnacle of 2D scaling, coupled with the bonkers hydraulic cab it was insanely good.

It ran on the same hardware as Galaxy Force/II, the Sega Y Board, according to the ever reliable Wiki

For me Powerdrift was this

Although I did play the arcade in the videoshop in Portmarnock a couple times

For me Powerdrift was this

Although I did play the arcade in the videoshop in Portmarnock a couple times

Better than this then!
    Alas, poor Spectrum....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The one with a jeep and you throw grenades. It was a war-type game and the view was from above looking down on the layout. From the 1980s in 2d. Used to go over a bridge and shoot up stuff and could drive off screen to reveal more of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jackal?

Maybe Mercs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

It's Jackal, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have one that the name escapes me. It's an old arcade platformer maybe 85/86, the main character is a boy who collects jewels or something like this. It has really weird music and at the end of a stage he has to kick a football into a goal net.

Advertisement