Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 OceanCity Maryland (merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Send us on the link for that please foneill100 :) I'm from cork! But when you send it put gaps in it in random places, boards doesn't allow the sharing of links

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mb_kk1

Hey!
    A group of 4 of us are heading to ocean city maryland on our J1 at the end of may and are looking to share with others for accommodation? :)

Anyone recommend any apartments ye stayed in last summer?

Any get accommodation sorted yet? I've got my DS160 form to fill in and Sayit said once I've that filled in I have 10 days to book my flights :O Anyone else in this situation yet

Hey so are we! There are six of us (girls), from Cork. I've been emailing landlords and stuff, rent is fairly expensive so definitely an apartment with 10 would cut the cost between us all nicely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

There's 6 of us as well all girls from Cork, I'd say all of Cork City will be in Ocean City this summer! Still haven't found a job, so stressful.

rorrissey wrote: »
    There's 6 of us as well all girls from Cork, I'd say all of Cork City will be in Ocean City this summer! Still haven't found a job, so stressful.

Haha 100%, It'll be like walking down Patricks street! How did that interview with the Pizza place go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foneill100

I got a job sorted in powerhouse gym anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shannon240

foneill100 wrote: »
    I got a job sorted in powerhouse gym anyway :D

I think im gonna join that gym while im over there :) Any chance of a friendly Irish discount? ;) :P
    Only messing, but fair play for getting a job at a gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foneill100

hahaha I could see what I could do when I'm over there :D sooo who here is interested in getting some accommodation? It might save some time if we make a group now as most houses there tend to hold around 8-12 people each! If you're all interested I was thinking of making a facebook or whatsapp group chat for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ocj116

A group of three need more people to make the accommodation we are looking at cheaper. Heading over the end of May so we want to get accommodation sorted as soon as possible. If any group is interested, let me know!

ocj116 wrote: »
    A group of three need more people to make the accommodation we are looking at cheaper. Heading over the end of May so we want to get accommodation sorted as soon as possible. If any group is interested, let me know!

We will be looking for roommates to share accommodation with too, just not ready to organise right now as not all of us have jobs yet

ok grand, we need like 5 or 6 more because we have found accommodation for 8 people that will be like 1200 each including utilities, wifi etc and its in a good location too!

ocj116 wrote: »
    ok grand, we need like 5 or 6 more because we have found accommodation for 8 people that will be like 1200 each including utilities, wifi etc and its in a good location too!

There are six of us as it stands so it would be ideal. Is this with pirates cove rentals or seagate by any chance?:)

It was with Pirates Cove, my friend actually got the price wrong! Still looking for a place as the ones that are left in pirates cove would be like 1750 each and that's too expensive so going to look somewhere else! What date are ye heading over? if ye find accommodation and need three more can you let us know?

Shinnaynay wrote: »
    Haha 100%, It'll be like walking down Patricks street! How did that interview with the Pizza place go?

Pizza interview never happened for me or any of my friends. The guy added us all on Facebook, posted inappropriate comments on old pictures of us and only offered interviews to the best looking girls with no experience. From his Facebook it seemed as though he was a racist, trump supporting creep. He was sending me, my friends and other girls I got in contact with, aggressive messages. It was really strange, we reported him to USIT... Really strange experience.

Anyways I have another interview later with a hotel and one on Monday in a place I found myself through indeed.com, so hopefully they work out! :P

Pizza interview never happened for me or any of my friends. The guy added us all on Facebook, posted inappropriate comments on old pictures of us and only offered interviews to the best looking girls with no experience. From his Facebook it seemed as though he was a racist, trump supporting creep. He was sending me, my friends and other girls I got in contact with, aggressive messages. It was really strange, we reported him to USIT... Really strange experience.

Anyways I have another interview later with a hotel and one on Monday in a place I found myself through indeed.com, so hopefully they work out! :P

Omg that is mental!! I'll be sure to tell people to stay away from that place :O Brilliant well done! I didn't think of searching for a job via a website like indeed. Didn't think they would be posting summer vacancies yet. Ill give that a search, good luck in the interviews :)

Omg that is mental!! I'll be sure to tell people to stay away from that place :O Brilliant well done! I didn't think of searching for a job via a website like indeed. Didn't think they would be posting summer vacancies yet. Ill give that a search, good luck in the interviews :)

The hotel hired me and all my friends thank god! Now we're on search for accommodation!

Definitely go apply for the pizza place on indeed because me and my friend both emailed him cancelling our interviews so it might be worth a shot! It's called Squarz, should still be up!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Hey guys, chuffed to see some activity in this thread ! There are 4 of us heading over to OC ( three guys one girl) and are 100% up for sharing accommodation. We are all set (have our jobs,visas,flights etc.) just no where to live yet haha

So if anyone wants to bunk in with us let me know on this and we can set up a whatsapp or facebook group and get the ball rolling !

P.s
    We're all bang on !

G.I Joseph wrote: »
    Hey guys, chuffed to see some activity in this thread ! There are 4 of us heading over to OC ( three guys one girl) and are 100% up for sharing accommodation. We are all set (have our jobs,visas,flights etc.) just no where to live yet haha

So if anyone wants to bunk in with us let me know on this and we can set up a whatsapp or facebook group and get the ball rolling !

P.s
    We're all bang on !

Haha brilliant! May take you up on that offer, just waiting for the rest of my crew to catch up :) There are six of us (girls) as of now. Did ye book yer airport transfer to OC? also when are ye heading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Haha brilliant! May take you up on that offer, just waiting for the rest of my crew to catch up :) There are six of us (girls) as of now. Did ye book yer airport transfer to OC? also when are ye heading?

We are flying in to Newark on the first of June to Newark , but had to do like Dublin to Gatwick first. That gave us the best price. We have times and all sussed for greyhound buses but haven't finalised on that. That'll be done in the next week or so. We really wanted to have a bigger group sorted before we were looking at accommodation and that. One of the group was in OC two years ago so knows the lay of the land haha Sure pm me your Facebook or phone number there or whatever and we can go through the nitty gritty !

Guys are there any legit pages set up on Facebook for ocean city?

Guys are there any legit pages set up on Facebook for ocean city?

I tried to link a few of the 2016 ocean city Facebook pages I'm part of on this somewhere, but it doesn't let you post links. So DM me if you want with your Facebook name and I can invite you too them :)

Looking for two roommates!! There are six of us girls, so preferable lads for a bitta balance. But won't deny girls either :) $1750 per person for the season, wifi/ac/tv and fully furnished :)

Any idea where I can look for accommodation with 8-10 bedrooms?? Pirates apartments and seagate are all taken!

Any idea where I can look for accommodation with 8-10 bedrooms?? Pirates apartments and seagate are all taken!

Theres e-point but they arnt taking bookings until you arrive in Ocean City, also I've heard bad things about their accommodation and people getting ripped off. (transport is all good though, no bad reviews there)

Sorry no positive feedback there really haha, but its nice to know that e-point will have apartments in June

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mattbavfc

Anybody still looking for accomodation or have space for 1 lad and 1 girl, we have accomodation booked but 3 have pulled out leaving us an impossible rent so either we give it up and lose the $1000 holding deposit and find somewhere else or we need to find 3 to replace them can anyone help? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aoife976

I'm going on a J1 this summer to Ocean City Maryland with a couple of my friends, there is about 5 of us and I'm just wondering how I go about finding more roommates? Thanks in Advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevMolloy

Hey Aoife i'm heading over to Ocean city with my girlfriend for the summer. Neither of us have jobs yet, have yous sorted jobs out yet? Haven't really started looking at accommodation yet but have been talking to people who went before without having a place to stay sorted and they said finding a house and roommates was easy once they were over there. Have you seen any decent places to stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Michelle2017

aoife976 wrote: »
    I'm going on a J1 this summer to Ocean City Maryland with a couple of my friends, there is about 5 of us and I'm just wondering how I go about finding more roommates? Thanks in Advance :)

Hi aoife, my friend and I are going to Ocean City this summer too and looking for room mates, let me know if your interested
    Thanks

Advertisement