Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 10/70 buzzer volume

Options
  • 07-02-2016 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I've just come in from work and part set the alarm, the thing is the buzzer goes off for the 30 seconds when I part set the alarm, Is it possible to lower the volume on the buzzer or turn it of so when part setting the alarm there's no buzzer,??
    Any help be great I'm waking the wife and baby every night,
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can be turned off in the engineer menu. Do you have the engineer code for the system.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

KoolKid wrote: »
    It can be turned off in the engineer menu. Do you have the engineer code for the system.?

No I don't have the code I presume its factory set, ???
    Is there an option to lower it down instead of turning it off,
    Thanks,

ronn wrote: »
    No I don't have the code I presume its factory set, ???
    Is there an option to lower it down instead of turning it off,
    Thanks,

Anyone help me out please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Perhaps your best bet would be to contact your installation company, i know a little reprogramming like that can be done over the phone.

Ha ha you'd think that be the case alright,
    It would require an engineer to do a site visit for the princely sum of €70.

I know the engineer code, but I don't know what menu to go into,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ronn wrote: »
    I've just come in from work and part set the alarm, the thing is the buzzer goes off for the 30 seconds when I part set the alarm, Is it possible to lower the volume on the buzzer or turn it of so when part setting the alarm there's no buzzer,??
    Any help be great I'm waking the wife and baby every night,
    Thanks

There is two partsets on these systems so it just depends on how they are set up. From what you are saying the partset has been set up with the exit time enabled for this, normally partset B or 0#8. Have you used partset A yet? 0#7.

To turn off the exit timer you need to do this in the systems options menu, partset menu.

I solved my problem, I took off the key pad and popped out the speaker, then I pushed in some cotton wool, it work a treat,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sometimes you need a low tec solution. :)

Advertisement