Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on moving banks

• 07-02-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm currently with Aib and looking to move from them as I find them more on the expensive side. Could anyone recommend me a bank that costs the least amount to "run" we'll say and has the cheapest loan rate as I'll be looking to buy property in the next year or two,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

PTSB Current Account if you can adhere to the below sentence.

"Quarterly fee waived if the customer makes lodgement(s) amounting to at least €1,500 each month."

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

I too am looking to do the same. I'm currently with BOI and recently was told I'm going to be charged (Just finishing my graduate account term).

I'm kind of leaning towards Ulster bank, I think they have a minimum balance of €3000 at all times to get free fees, but I like the fact you can text to withdraw emergency cash. I seem to forget my wallet quite a bit and that would help.

Ulster Bank have a bad I. T. Record. I Would avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Delta2113 wrote: »
    PTSB Current Account if you can adhere to the below sentence.

"Quarterly fee waived if the customer makes lodgement(s) amounting to at least €1,500 each month."

Note that with PTSB there is currently no distinction between an internal transfer and an external transfer, or on the number of lodgements.

Technically you could set up a PTSB savings account online, put €1 in and transfer it 1500 times (and back) into your current account IN THE ONE DAY and you would meet the criteria for free banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Lol imagine your bank statements 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

ptsb for the win and their online banking is the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

kefir32 wrote: »
    ptsb for the win and their online banking is the best

I have to say PTSB has the worst online banking of all the Irish banks and their android app is a joke.

PTSB online banking is fine in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

There is a thread on www.askaboutmoney.com that is kept up-to-date and gives the details of all the best current accounts, it can be found here http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/personal-current-accounts.21774/

The upshot is that Number 26 is completely free but does not have any physical presence and is new to the Irish market. Therefore some people may be wary of trying them.

PermanentTSB have the closest thing to free banking with the only criteria to meet being depositing 1500 each month.

EBS also only require depositing 1500 each month or maintain a balance of 500 or greater. However their online banking is pretty weak.

KBC require depositing 2500 each month.

Advertisement