Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which monitor to pick curved led vs IPS

Options
  • 07-02-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Hi all absically thinking of upgrading my nearly 10y lcd monitor,budget is tight but have some space to manuver,question is thou my grpahics card is old as well, thus only mini hdmi,and 2x dvi connections,card is msi 560ti twin frozr.
    thus have good mb that is future proof and when times comes will upgrade to better gpu,but since not gaming much these days,card pulls most of the older games quite well when needed,also do some Photoshop sometimes.

Current issue i have is thou that my monitor only supports 1280x1024 on 60hz,anything above the resolution makes eyesight bleed if working longer hours,so not sure when seeing same Hz on screens,as i understand that by now most tvs have better numbers,or am i missing smth here.

Thus main point is to have good picture quality without eye strain when doing 10h or so everyday on screen work,i know ips is way better clarity but idea of curved screen is also new to me thus anyone with more insight how to choose screen and what to look for range 250e max.
    Bellow smth id be looking at.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-23xw-full-hd-23-ips-led-monitor/331845/401.3.2

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-s24e510c-full-hd-24-curved-led-monitor/334665/401.3.2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I posted in this other day was on phone so it must not have sent

Acer g257hu. Its an 25 inch 8bit 1440p IPS monitor. It's 330 on amazon.co.uk.

I know that has surpassed your budget and you want to use currys. But I'd go amazon which ever monitor you choose. Their returns are more hassle than amazon.

Besides my spidey senses are tingling and they tell me currys Is in stormy waters.

Let me know what you thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well i see there's no store stocking it anyway,and yeah true returns are hassle compared to amazons sticker on and few days for replacement.

By the way really like the look of the screen,thin bezel-perfect if adding extra screen in future, IPS widescreen and price is decent enough for it.

just only issue would like to get something local and see first,even thou reviews tell a lot more,in general-since the ones i mentioned are either good for most or have issues since its early release models.Thus steering towards acer since newer had issues with their hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

http://www.amazon.co.uk ViewSonic+VX2363SMHL-W+23.

166 euro. 23 inch AH IPS with 2ms response.

Will look on currys see what they have on offer.

Advertisement