Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does your gaming spending look for the year?

Options
  • 07-02-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I keep track of everything I spend and I've done a budget for the whole year, so i have a vague idea of what I'm gonna be spending

€30 on Gravity Rush Remaster
    €30 on Wonderful 101
    €12 on ZombiU
    £16 on Majoras mask and luigis mansion 2 from Amazon
    €36 on Donkey country returns 3D and donkey kong tropical freeze
    €8 on Inkling amiibo
    €6 on the Bloodborne DLC
    So that is €122, £16 so far.

Then, for this year, i have budgeted for
    €130 for the uncharted 4 special edition
    €110 for the Uncharted 4 limited edition console
    €35 for the Valkyrie Chronicles remaster
    €40 for Ratchet and Clank
    €65 for Twilight Princess HD special edition
    €55 for The Last Guardian
    €50 for Pokken
    €45 for Starfox
    €30 for the Pokemon games on VC.
    €40 for the new main series Pokemon game.
    €40 for Bravely Second
    €35 for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
    €400 for the NX.
    €40 for Hyrule Warriors 3DS
    €60 for Fire Emblem
    €55 for Mirrors Edge
    €55 for Deus Ex
    €35 for Heavy Rain/Beyond remaster
    €20 for Alienation
    €55 for Horizon
    €55 for Zelda U.
    €55 for No Mans Sky
    €50 for a new main series sonic game.
    €30 for the sega collection game on 3DS
    €40 for Metroid federation force.

How about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I bought some DLC, Life is Strange and Gunpoint at the end of the Steam Sale in January with a Steam Voucher I was given at Christmas. I also had money left over on that voucher which I used to purchase Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak in February. I pre-purchased XCOM 2 in December as a Christmas gift to myself, so that puts me at a grand total of zero for 2016 thus far. :P

However, I do intend to pick-up the Fallout 4: Season Pass (€30), DOOM (€60), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (€50) and (possibly) The Division (€60) between now and September. Undoubtedly, there might be some other titles that could interest me, smaller titles, and DLC, but right now I am not aware of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dark Souls 3 €60
    Xcom 2 €20
    Pokémon Gen 7 €50
    €50 for random bundles and €2 Indies

Stupid student living *grumble grumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Very little giving me the gaming horn this year from the current announcements. I currently have an Xbox One, and to be honest, not thrilled by the exclusives.

A PS4 and No Mans Sky will blow my budget to bits. I think it looks stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corvo wrote: »
    Very little giving me the gaming horn this year from the current announcements. I currently have an Xbox One, and to be honest, not thrilled by the exclusives.

A PS4 and No Mans Sky will blow my budget to bits. I think it looks stunning.

I don't usually look for much information on upcoming games bar watching a trailer or getting a Beta.

For me this year I like the look of

Unravel
    CupHead
    Quantum Break (not sure what to make of this)
    The Division
    ReCore (not sure if it's out this year)
    Scalebound (think this is 2017)

Not really sure what else but I want to clear my backlog and some games from previous years I'd like to pick up are

Rise of The Tomb Raider
    Ryse
    Mad Max (maybe)
    Dying Light
    Metal Gear Solid

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Since last year I just buy as it goes and 90% of my purchases are older games that are in sales. I don't think this year will be much different.

Just few things that I do want to get this year:

Dark souls 3
    X com 2

The rest is just a catching up:

Mad max
    Rainbow six
    Last of us

Then I want to get 3ds again as I traded my one ages ago. With that I want get monster Hunter 4 and finally give it pokemon a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I average around €50 a month on games i'd say. Whether that's one full priced release, or a few smaller titles and subscriptions, it would rarely be more then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Last year looked like €200ish on

€6.89 Terraria
    €5.61 Black Mirror 3
    €5.00 Killer is dead
    €2 Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
    €16.34 Divinity Original Sin (GOG upgraded me to Enhanced Edition)
    €2.49 Vangaurd Princess
    €29.34 The Witcher 3
    €3.28 Gray Matter & Harvester
    €5.57 Far Cry 2 & Super Hexagon & FTL
    €0.99 X-Blades
    €44.99 MGSV
    €2.99 Nekopara Vol.0
    €1.23 Nidhogg X2 pack
    €4.18 The Cat Lady & Sanitarium
    €2.78 Bloodrayne & Redline
    €3.89 Pathologic HD upgrade (Discount because I owned the original)
    €9 Fallout NV (all DLC)
    €11.19 Homeworld Remastered
    €3.22 Max Payne 1/2
    €7.99 Metro Redux Bundle
    €2.29 Dark Fall 3
    €11.15 Warframe Platinum (1k & 75% discount)
    €3.74 Alpha Protocol

For 2016 I've spent only 26 quid on

€22.49 Dragon's Dogma
    €3.79 Space Marines (all DLC)

And I've got 50 quid in mind for Tekken 7 if it manages to get a PC release... otherwise it's time to hara-kiri. One of the only games I can think of that I'd buy at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've gotten a good deal on my kidneys for the Oculus Rift, I'm hoping my liver will cover the GPU upgrade and after that I should probably rein it in for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You guys are better than me at this spending lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't usually look for much information on upcoming games bar watching a trailer or getting a Beta.

For me this year I like the look of

Unravel
    CupHead
    Quantum Break (not sure what to make of this)
    The Division
    ReCore (not sure if it's out this year)
    Scalebound (think this is 2017)

I've totally lost interest in both Quantum Break and The Division. I'll likely pick the former up once it is on sale, but I have a feeling it will be repetitive. I'll see how it fares.

I NEVER buy games on Day One or Pre-Order anymore, but The Division was tempting me. That was until the Beta and the showcasing of some terrible AI (man with baseball bat runs wildy towards man with assault rifle) and bullet sponging. Its totally dropped off my radar.

Crackdown will be one I will be looking forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wing it from month to month, a mixture of indies and full price games on PC, Wii U, 3DS and mobile. If something grabs my eye or gets great reviews, I'll pick it up.

Zelda U and Fire Emblem are the only two compulsory purchases for me at the moment.

Corvo wrote: »
    I've totally lost interest in both Quantum Break and The Division. I'll likely pick the former up once it is on sale, but I have a feeling it will be repetitive. I'll see how it fares.

I NEVER buy games on Day One or Pre-Order anymore, but The Division was tempting me. That was until the Beta and the showcasing of some terrible AI (man with baseball bat runs wildy towards man with assault rifle) and bullet sponging. Its totally dropped off my radar.

Crackdown will be one I will be looking forward to.

I got the Gold Edition of The Division on Amazon and worked out around €60. I'll try it when I get it and if if I don't really like it I'll stick it up on Adverts with the code and shouldn't loose any money on it.

I think QB could be interesting and I hope it turns out well because its be nice to have a new franchise to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This year so far Ive spent 140 quid...

I got a PS4 fight stick, Bloodborne GOTY, and the Ubi humble bundle the other day....

Games I 100% will pick up are :

SFV (obviously)
    Uncharted 4
    No Man Sky (depending on reviews)
    Destiny 2 (if it makes this year)
    Battlefield 5 (if it works)

Possibly will get a NX but may wait and get a Wii U second hand somewhere for Mario Maker....

I keep track of everything I spend and I've done a budget for the whole year, so i have a vague idea of what I'm gonna be spending

€30 on Gravity Rush Remaster
    €30 on Wonderful 101
    €12 on ZombiU
    £16 on Majoras mask and luigis mansion 2 from Amazon
    €36 on Donkey country returns 3D and donkey kong tropical freeze
    €8 on Inkling amiibo
    €6 on the Bloodborne DLC
    So that is €122, £16 so far.

Then, for this year, i have budgeted for
    €130 for the uncharted 4 special edition
    €110 for the Uncharted 4 limited edition console
    €35 for the Valkyrie Chronicles remaster
    €40 for Ratchet and Clank
    €65 for Twilight Princess HD special edition
    €55 for The Last Guardian
    €50 for Pokken
    €45 for Starfox
    €30 for the Pokemon games on VC.
    €40 for the new main series Pokemon game.
    €40 for Bravely Second
    €35 for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
    €400 for the NX.
    €40 for Hyrule Warriors 3DS
    €60 for Fire Emblem
    €55 for Mirrors Edge
    €55 for Deus Ex
    €35 for Heavy Rain/Beyond remaster
    €20 for Alienation
    €55 for Horizon
    €55 for Zelda U.
    €55 for No Mans Sky
    €50 for a new main series sonic game.
    €30 for the sega collection game on 3DS
    €40 for Metroid federation force.

How about you guys?

€110 for the console? Must be the upgrade price surely?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    €110 for the console? Must be the upgrade price surely?

Aye I'd be upgrading from my metal gear solid V PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I'm afraid to do the maths on this.

Coincidentally, today's PVP touches on this subject:

pvp20160208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I wing it month to month if something catches my eye i'll check the reviews and if they are good i'll end up buying it.

it'll be more this year now that ive added a ps4 also

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Aegis Rim
    Atelier Sophie
    Attack on Titan
    Dark Souls III
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
    Final Fantasy XV
    Gravity Rush Remastered
    Gravity Rush 2
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
    The Last Guardian
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
    Megadimension Neptunia VII
    NieR Automata
    Nights of Azure
    Nioh
    No Man's Sky
    Persona 5
    South Park: The Fractured but Whole
    Star Ocean Second Story
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    Street Fighter V
    Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers
    Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
    Tales of Berseria
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Valkyria: Azure Revolution
    XCOM 2
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

I'm buying all these games if they come out this year, I dont even want to do the maths on how much that'll cost, especially since I'll likely get limited editions of a few and import others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yearly sub for PS Plus
    Yearly sub for Xbox Live

Anything else will be an impulse buy.

€30 for my deposit on the Uncharted LE PS4. Then it'll be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ive a baby on the way so this year Ill probably be spending a lot less, when I want to get a game I go half so we can share.
    Besides Uncharted 4, I dont think Ill be getting anything newly released mostly wait for ps sales to get games

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I'm buying all these games if they come out this year, I dont even want to do the maths on how much that'll cost, especially since I'll likely get limited editions of a few and import others
    About a grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Honestly, I haven't looked ahead at this years releases.

Just started playing the Uncharted Collection so if I like that then Uncharted 4 is a possibility.

I'm making a promise to myself this year though - only buy a game when I intend to play it. Too many times have I bought games on release only to play them months later, could have saved a good bit by holding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've enough of a backlog to see me comfortably through to next january. out of all the games that are coming down the line, the only day 1 purchase for me that I could commit to now is the new gears of war.

I'll likely pick up unravel and the division but will be holding out for reviews of same.

I've reverted to being a filthy pirate again recently. The last game I bought full price was Fallout 4 on release. That was a massive disappointment. As stupid as it sounds, I felt ripped off. I'm somehow now justifying stealing from that experience. Now I'll either wait or pirate the game. I do feel guilty though. I bought the Witcher 3 at half price when I was almost finished it as it was definitely my GOTY, but why should get to pick and choose which games I elect to pay full price for.

but why should get to pick and choose which games I elect to pay full price for.

Because you're the consumer, it's your money and there's a market that lets you pick.

I don't pirate anything anymore since I was a teenager on my family computer when I had zero money. If you feel it ain't worth your money it's 9 times out of 10 not worth your time. I don't buy games with harsh DRM and other anti-consumer practices. If it's DRM free I'm way more likely to buy it even if I don't plan on playing it anytime soon... just because I know I can back it up without needing to crack its launcher.

Sure just look at my first post in the thread... no reason not to buying games you find interesting if you search/wait for a good deal. Make use of isthereanydeal.com enhancedsteam cheapshark. And then just check the specials, deals and sales on the front pages of steam, GOG, humble, bundlestars etc. Bit of effort brings all my PS2, N64, Gamecube games back in 1080p using modern gamepads. No extra monetary cost from that, either.

And don't feel too guilty about paying half price for TW3. They're one of the better dev/publishers but they lied a lot and took part in some very DRMy practices for its release... they eventually admitted to lying later on not that it helps because the damage was already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

£30 on PS+
    £38 on SF V
    £200 on a Madcatz stick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've reverted to being a filthy pirate again recently. The last game I bought full price was Fallout 4 on release. That was a massive disappointment. As stupid as it sounds, I felt ripped off. I'm somehow now justifying stealing from that experience. Now I'll either wait or pirate the game. I do feel guilty though. I bought the Witcher 3 at half price when I was almost finished it as it was definitely my GOTY, but why should get to pick and choose which games I elect to pay full price for.

No talking about pirating games on the forum please.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

About €5 a month, and maybe 1 or 2 €25-€30 buys during the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement