Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathedral in Maynoth

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whens it opening back up again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We should have a Maynooth Boards night out....

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Whens it opening back up again?

I heard before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We should have a Maynooth Boards night out....

I'd think somewhere a bit quieter (although the downstairs here could be quiet, just not on reopening) might be more sensible for that - the side area in O'Neills or the snug-ish in the back of McMahons maybe.

The fire pit in the previous layout Roost was great for that kind of meetup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Howabout Brady's on a Wednesday night - nice and calm in there then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They are advertising for staff in the Liffey Champion.

New licensed premises opening in Maynooth require:
    Senior Bar Staff
    Senior Waiting Staff
    Chefs of all grades
    Kitchen Assistants

Please send CV's to
    sean@premiumvenues.ie

A quick google search of Premium Venues Ltd shows that it is indeed for Mantra.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Premium-Venues-Limited-589143

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Johner wrote: »
    They are advertising for staff in the Liffey Champion.

New licensed premises opening in Maynooth require:
    Senior Bar Staff
    Senior Waiting Staff
    Chefs of all grades
    Kitchen Assistants

Please send CV's to
    sean@premiumvenue.ie

A quick google search of Premium Venues Ltd shows that it is indeed for Mantra.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Premium-Venues-Limited-589143

That email didn't work for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

L1011 wrote: »
    I'd think somewhere a bit quieter (although the downstairs here could be quiet, just not on reopening) might be more sensible for that - the side area in O'Neills or the snug-ish in the back of McMahons maybe.

The fire pit in the previous layout Roost was great for that kind of meetup.

I was thinking more we could change the tone of the place;)

I like Bradys:)

beertons wrote: »
    That email didn't work for me.

Sorry it's venues. I've amended my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

A Maynooth Boards night out sounds great. I don't know many folk in the area even though I'm living in Maynooth over 3 years now. Would be great to meet some of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Sooner the better before it's Christmas party madness :D

https://www.facebook.com/MischiefMaynooth/

Nightclub opening this month called Mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

What a stupid name. Almost as bad as "Happy Out" during the death throws of Glenroyals disco days. Name alone isolates the age range of people who will go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Have to agree with the comments on the name. My first thoughts were that it's like the name of a teenage disco and projects a lack of maturity about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jasus I wonder how long this one will last.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Should have called the place The Cockroach. Based on the clientele and how it never seems to actually die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Seen new awnings outside earlier. The Duke and Coachman (I think) seems to be new name.

Patser wrote: »
    Seen new awnings outside earlier. The Duke and Coachman (I think) seems to be new name.

Yep. Told that last night. Opening in 2 weeks I believe. Was supposed to open 16th but some delay with the work.

What happened to Mischief? Or is that the upstairs part? I see they still have the Cathedral sign up too.

What happened to Mischief? Or is that the upstairs part? I see they still have the Cathedral sign up too.

Mischief is upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

How many times does that place have to fail before people stop trying to revive it. It's gone past ridiculous at this stage.

They should have called it Revival. :D

I think it could do really well if run properly.
    I think that there is a market for a good night club in the town but it has to appeal to the locals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It can't have the cost base the previous incarnations have. I don't know if the freehold has changed hands, which would be a huge indicator of changing the structure that brought it down before. There's no realistic new lease on the commercial lease register though (Main Street has really bad numbering, but the only recent one of 28k a year is going to be a shop not a nightclub and bar...)

Advertisement