Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling solo to Thailand for 2 weeks

Options
  • 07-02-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I have a real itch to go travelling alone so I've decided to save my holidays and book 2 weeks to Thailand, however I need some advice!

Firstly, is 2 weeks enough time for a place like Thailand?

I was thinking of going in Oct as I heard the rain will have started to clear up and it's not high season, however I really don't want to be caught in rain. Should I just go in Nov when I know it's hot or should I avoid high season?

Is there much need to book anywhere in advance or am I ok to arrive and travel as I go?

I was thinking of travelling to Bangkok and then move around but I'm not sure where to go especially as my time will be limited! Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I have a real itch to go travelling alone so I've decided to save my holidays and book 2 weeks to Thailand, however I need some advice!

Firstly, is 2 weeks enough time for a place like Thailand?

I was thinking of going in Oct as I heard the rain will have started to clear up and it's not high season, however I really don't want to be caught in rain. Should I just go in Nov when I know it's hot or should I avoid high season?

Is there much need to book anywhere in advance or am I ok to arrive and travel as I go?

I was thinking of travelling to Bangkok and then move around but I'm not sure where to go especially as my time will be limited! Any ideas?

What do you want to do? Diving? Relaxing on a beach? Trekking? Partying in bangkok? Full moon?

Basically there's a lot to do but the north is different to the south. Easy enough to get around the place with three very good value budget airlines and overnight trains.

Advertisement