Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3.3 million for Lusk social housing project

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interesting that those figures suggest the houses can be built for €122k a piece, we regularly here figures stating that €250k or more is the break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Holey moley that was quick AD,I might be wrong,but art't these new modular home's in the region of 120k apiece,although the article say's nothing about what type of housing is planned or the make up of the unit's.
    I assume the site,is the land left over from the sewage treatment work's adjoining the site,maybe a trawl through the Fingal planning site will reveal more info,and actually I see from the Fingal Indo,that the resident's of the Pinewood Est are up in arm's about plan's to site 40 modular home's adjacent to them.

Pinewood housing objections ...http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/modular-homes-under-attack-34413196.html

According to the planning notice on the fence at the site it say 77 dwelling units.
    It say's plans available to view from tue's 3rd March till thursday 16th April, below in Sword's and Georges St,Ballbriggan.
    And on the Fingal planning site/public consultations,I could not see any mention of it there,

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/planning-and-buildings/development-plans-and-consultations/public-consultations/currentconsultations/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's 3bed semiD's on sale in Enniscorthy with Passiv house certification for 177k....
    I guess a lot of the price of a new build depends on the cost of the land the new build is on, if some sucker paid top dollar for the land, someone wants to recoup that price back

Actually on the RTE programme Eco Eye recently they featured an Irish company called Irish Eco Homes,I have to say I was that impressed I rang a friend who's daughter was considering building a home on a site adjacent to his home.
    If my memory serves me right,they could provide a home from foundations up from 150k for 1,500 sft,don't quote me on that,but if I was in the market to built it would be an option worth looking at,I'm sure,especially for someone who already has a site.
    I remember the Premier Hotel ,Airside in Sword's being built ,it was basically modular build,as the bedroom unit were delivered on site,fully fitted and self contained and basically stacked on top of one another .
    I think that whole building was up and completed in 3/4 month's, a lot of the Educate Together school's are basically a flat pack/modular build also,indeed Lidl/Aldi supermarket's are built the same off site and assembled on site by a German work crew,that follow builds from site to site.

http://irishecohomes.ie/gallery/

• Advertisement
Advertisement