Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for land with Pheasants

• 07-02-2016 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello,

This year i got a german pointer and i have been doing some training and hunting with him, problem is i have now moved house and for me to drive back and maybe see a pheasant, its not really worth it. sadly the season has ended and i feel like his training has been cut a bit short, so i am looking for some one to let me on their land where there are actually pheasants.
    there will be no gun or anything, just me and my dog so he can train. he is not a wild thing, no issue with live stock and always comes to recall. i could offer some cash in return for this favor.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

what area are you in might help.. also have you insurance etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

mrbrendank wrote: »
    Hello,

This year i got a german pointer and i have been doing some training and hunting with him, problem is i have now moved house and for me to drive back and maybe see a pheasant, its not really worth it. sadly the season has ended and i feel like his training has been cut a bit short, so i am looking for some one to let me on their land where there are actually pheasants.
    there will be no gun or anything, just me and my dog so he can train. he is not a wild thing, no issue with live stock and always comes to recall. i could offer some cash in return for this favor.

thanks

With or without gun you would be hunting out of season and upsetting wild birds during spring which is the run up to the breeding season. It's not up to me to say if you can or can't but if I were you I'd consider carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

training in feb will do no harm what so ever its when you get into mid march and into april then that's a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭SureHowBad

Where are you based, can help if you are in the Cork area.....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mrbrendank

sorry lads, im in galway. yes February will do no harm all, i have full protection insurance from the nargc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

Could you look into joining the local gunclub?

philmire wrote: »
    Could you look into joining the local gunclub?
    hi, im in one but its alot of driving around looking for them and im kinda stuck to the weekends. so id like to go where someone knows they are actually there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pheasantmad

Why dont you buy some of your own, there be plenty for sale in the next few weeks and you could leave them off where you want to go training with your dog!!

Why dont you buy some of your own, there be plenty for sale in the next few weeks and you could leave them off where you want to go training with your dog!!
    thats actually a great idea! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Why don't you just go round the farmers in the area and look for permissions tell them no shooting involved just the dog for now, the shooting permission will follow when they get to know and trust you. Make sure to show them insurance card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

go around to the farmers and ask, no harm in asking its either a yes or no, its OK for the birds during February as the birds are settling down after the hunting season just be-careful your not up routing birds during march or April as the hen lays her eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

i am down the road from you, we have some pheasants but not many. Pm me if you want we can go out one morning

Advertisement