Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing topic with IRC

Options
  • 07-02-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I was wondering if has anyone had any experience changing their topic, or indeed their full-time to part-time status, with the IRC after they received funding and commenced study?

Did this go down well enough? What kind of grilling did the IRC put them through, what kind of caveats were introduced by the IRC, did the IRC ever say a flat-out 'no', etc etc?

I am strongly considering a radical change in topic for my studies after 18 months of the process, in part due to some substantial (and potentially dangerous) developments in the field, as well as a general loss of motivation because of stress etc associated with the original topic. I'd really appreciate anyone else's experience on this, or stories they might have heard around their academic department etc.
    Tagged:

Advertisement