Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order showing for loan that's been paid off.

Options
  • 07-02-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭

Basically last September I paid of a student loan (personnel loan) I had with BOI in full and the loan account was closed I got a statement with balance 0 account closed on it. However looking at my manage standing orders section on 365 online there is a standing order due for September this year (and every year) for the full loan amount. It says it's active / yearly with no expiry date. How do I go about deleting this to ensure a standing order doesn't come out of my account for a loan that doesn't even exist anymore. I just want to make sure I sort it now so I don't get a shock in September. It does say on the app that the standing order cannot be amended or deleted online when I try to click on it.

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi CIP4, thanks for getting in touch.

It’s possible that this standing order payment was set up with the loan initially; usually this payment would then be cancelled once the loan has been repaid.

There’s no option to make changes to this type of standing order online but if you call 0818 365 365 a rep will be able to check this for you and arrange for the payment to be cancelled.

Let me know if you need help with anything else, thanks.

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Thanks for your reply. 

I rang that number there and they said for some reason they can't cancel the standing order but did confirm the account is closed so said that the standing order won't be taken as the loan account is closed and doesn't exist anymore. However I would have liked to get the standing order removed from my current account regardless as there is no need for it to be there but seems I won't be able to. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi CIP4,

Do you want to send me a PM with your name, phone number and the branch where your account is held and I’ll follow up on this here for you?

Thanks
    Nicola

PM sent. 

Thanks. 

Despite being in contact with my local branch several times this still seems to be causing me issues. The newest one is I was going through old transactions and discovered I was actually charged €12.70 for a missed standing order despite there being nothing owed on the account. I have went through the whole procedure with my branch for cancelling the standing order signed the forms. After months and contacting them several times they have basically said that the IT can't remove the standing order of my online account because they are not able to remove it like seriously the account the standing order is going to is closed. I've been nothing but patient throughout but this is honestly becoming a joke and this charge it's the final straw. 

How do I go about getting a refund on that charge ? And if you could look into it again to see if someone can remove this standing order because my local branch aren't capable of doing it. You either sort this out or after over 10 years banking with you I'll be going elsewhere as this has wasted so much of my time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

CIP4 wrote: »
    Despite being in contact with my local branch several times this still seems to be causing me issues. The newest one is I was going through old transactions and discovered I was actually charged €12.70 for a missed standing order despite there being nothing owed on the account. I have went through the whole procedure with my branch for cancelling the standing order signed the forms. After months and contacting them several times they have basically said that the IT can't remove the standing order of my online account because they are not able to remove it like seriously the account the standing order is going to is closed. I've been nothing but patient throughout but this is honestly becoming a joke and this charge it's the final straw. 

How do I go about getting a refund on that charge ? And if you could look into it again to see if someone can remove this standing order because my local branch aren't capable of doing it. You either sort this out or after over 10 years banking with you I'll be going elsewhere as this has wasted so much of my time.
    Hi CIP4, 

Thanks for your post and very sorry to hear that this has not yet been resolved for you.  

We will check back with your branch about this from your previous private message to us and ask them to follow up on this for you. 

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah, 

The bank have been in contact with me and seems it will be sorted out today. Thanks for you help.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Sarah, 

The bank have been in contact with me and seems it will be sorted out today. Thanks for you help.  
    Hi CIP4,

We're glad to hear this and if there's anything else we can help with, let us know! 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi CIP4,

We're glad to hear this and if there's anything else we can help with, let us know! 

Thanks,
    Sarah

I was told by my local branch on Thursday that they had been in contact with the 365 department who said it was all sorted gone of my online account. However it is still there nothing has changed so could you please check up on this again with the 365 department I'm hoping it was just a small slip up and that its close to being sorted out. Also the branch said they would look into refunding the standing order charge of €12.70 but I haven't received that back.

I ultimately think I deserve a refund as I was told by several people in the bank to have the loan paid off before the due date by transferring money online until it was at a €0 balance, which I did and I was never even informed about this standing order being set up until I got the letter about it being attempted. So I shouldn't be charged for a standing order I didn't set up that was trying to take money for a loan that was paid off. So if you could look into the refund too.

It would be different if I had been informed by the bank there was a standing order set up to take out the money for the loan if I had I'd of had the money waiting in my current account for the loan and wouldn't have been charged. I simply done as they had advised me to do. I can see nowhere a standing order being mentioned in my loan documents either just that it needed to be cleared before the due date. I realise it will probably be Monday before its done but I just want this all sorted out at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi CIP4,

Thanks,
    Sarah

I was told by my local branch on Thursday that they had been in contact with the 365 department who said it was all sorted gone of my online account. However it is still there nothing has changed so could you please check up on this again with the 365 department I'm hoping it was just a small slip up and that its close to being sorted out. Also the branch said they would look into refunding the standing order charge of €12.70 but I haven't received that back.

I ultimately think I deserve a refund as I was told by several people in the bank to have the loan paid off before the due date by transferring money online until it was at a €0 balance, which I did and I was never even informed about this standing order being set up until I got the letter about it being attempted. So I shouldn't be charged for a standing order I didn't set up that was trying to take money for a loan that was paid off. So if you could look into the refund too.

It would be different if I had been informed by the bank there was a standing order set up to take out the money for the loan if I had I'd of had the money waiting in my current account for the loan and wouldn't have been charged. I simply done as they had advised me to do. I can see nowhere a standing order being mentioned in my loan documents either just that it needed to be cleared before the due date. I realise it will probably be Monday before its done but I just want this all sorted out at this stage.
    Hi CIP4,

Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear this. We’ve forwarded your query directly to your branch and asked that a colleague at the branch calls you on Monday.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement