Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting for Adults

Options
  • 07-02-2016 5:12pm

I'm looking to take an acting class in Galway City, preferably one on a weeknight incase I'm away at the weekend.

I'm 19 so just past the "kids" acting schools and classes. I did drama for years as a child but definitely just looking for a beginners class.

I live east side and I'm relying on the bus routes, also I am only in Galway short term (until July). Some classes I have found seem to start in May or September which doesn't suit me.

Does anyone have any recommendations? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Core Theatre College

The Spontaneous Theatre People

Galway Actors Workshop

Keep an eye out for courses in Galway Arts Centre, and also at NUI that are open to non-students too.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Anahita

http://galwayactorsworkshop.com/tag/adult-drama-classes-galway/
    Please call Sarah <see details on website> in order to book.

I've taken classes (beginners) with Sarah O'Toole. She does them mid-week at the Anno-Santo Hotel in Salthill on Threadneedle Road. She (and I believe some of her colleagues) teach classes from beginners through more experienced acting workshops in all areas of performance.

I found her excellent and she's brilliant weaving in theory and practice and I'm a total amateur as were the others in the class, though all of us were keen to get involved. She's a drama lecturer in NUIG so is very professional, creative and knows what she's doing.

Highly recommended.

Advertisement