Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not being offered option of lower variable rate

• 07-02-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Ill start from beginning I built a house and the mortage I was offered was a ltv of 80percent . The current rate is 4.5per cent apr.
    My final valuation was sent to bank in november 16 . And my actual ltv is 59per cent .
    The bank have offered me a fixed rate when I contacted them but will not put me on a lower ltv rate.
    I cant switch without repaying the 1 per cent stamp duty .
    What are my options here .
    Any further info or clarification just ask . Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wait out your contract period for the stamp duty bribe and move to the cheapest lender then.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sparks3000

L1011 wrote: »
    Wait out your contract period for the stamp duty bribe and move to the cheapest lender then.

I was told that they can seek repayment for up to five years. I am thinking of viewing it as a low interest loan and repay it and just switch to a different mortage provider.
    But I think that my ltv should be me on a much lower variable rate.
    After arguing again today they have offered me a fixed rate lower than what is advertised on their web page but no way will they offer me a lower variable rate despite my ltv being under 60 per cent and not in the 80 per cent ltv that they currently have me on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

50-80 (79.9999999 basically) is often one rate band with no steps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

sparks3000 wrote: »
    Ill start from beginning I built a house and the mortage I was offered was a ltv of 80percent . The current rate is 4.5per cent apr.
    My final valuation was sent to bank in november 16 . And my actual ltv is 59per cent .
    The bank have offered me a fixed rate when I contacted them but will not put me on a lower ltv rate.
    I cant switch without repaying the 1 per cent stamp duty .
    What are my options here .
    Any further info or clarification just ask . Thanks in advance

Did you check what is on your loan offer, how long did it take to build the house? 4.50% variable rate sounds very high obviously your paying for the 1%stamp duty. Switch your mortgage to either KBC who is offering 3.25% variable if you open a current account with them and give you 2k cash back, legal will cost you 1k to switch or to permanent tsb variable rate 3.80% and who will give you 2% of the mortgage in cash.

Advertisement