Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought shoes on line..wrong size sent!

Options
  • 07-02-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Bought runners from sports direct, size 11. Box had size 11 on it but the runners were size 9. Just wondering what's next step.

Is there a no. I can ring? Think it's a big unfair that I've to pay postage twice over the sellers mistake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

digzy wrote: »
    Bought runners from sports direct, size 11. Box had size 11 on it but the runners were size 9. Just wondering what's next step.

Is there a no. I can ring? Think it's a big unfair that I've to pay postage twice over the sellers mistake.

Why would you pay postage twice?

Contact them, see what they say. They may not want you to return the erroneous item.

If they do, they will have to pay the postage. That's normally how returns operate in my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Why would you pay postage twice?

Contact them, see what they say. They may not want you to return the erroneous item.

If they do, they will have to pay the postage. That's normally how returns operate in my own experience.

Has anyone a no for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ive done that but cant find a number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

ive done that but cant find a number

Send them an email including a pic of the shoes and the box.
    You don't have to pay the return postage or to get the right size sent, it's up to them to pay I'd they've made a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You don't ring them, you have to use their returns procedure.
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/faultyproducts

They ask you to return by registered post and you'll probably have to pay to send them back. That is fine but legally they must refund you for it so make sure you claim for that too. If you get replacement runners then you cannot be charged for their shipping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Possible that size is US11 on the box but UK9 inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sconhome wrote: »

Either way, still wrong size so need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,035 ✭✭✭✭L1011

US 11 is a UK 10.

Anyway, its irrelevant as they ordered a UK 11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

L1011 wrote: »
    US 11 is a UK 10.

Anyway, its irrelevant as they ordered a UK 11

In men's yes, women's its two sizes. I'm wondering if the website took the order in US sizes rather than UK sizes even though it is a UK website.

The returns process was outlined.

Some sites the easiest thing to do is reorder the correct size and send return back for a refund on the original order. Saves time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

Email address for them from the site linked..
    cs@sportsdirect.com

Id send an email and get some clarification before sending them thewhole package etc back asking for an exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

In men's yes, women's its two sizes. I'm wondering if the website took the order in US sizes rather than UK sizes even though it is a UK website.

The returns process was outlined.

Some sites the easiest thing to do is reorder the correct size and send return back for a refund on the original order. Saves time.

Womens is two and half sizes down from the US size.

Sports direct doesnt show US sizes for shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

This also happened me last yr with sportsdirect, I emailed them and a courier was sent to collect the wrong shoes.

Just got a refund for the shoes! Thanks for replies

Just got a refund for the shoes! Thanks for replies

Did you have to send them back?

Did you have to send them back?

No. But they were only €19 so maybe if they were a bit more they'd have wanted em back,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A lot of places like this have thresholds in regards to item value where they'll basically just refund you because the value of the item is less than the cost of paying for the return, paying for the replacement and restocking the pair sent in error.

The shoes probably cost sportsdirect €10, and it would have cost €20+ to deal with the return.

seamus wrote: »
    The shoes probably cost sportsdirect €10, and it would have cost €20+ to deal with the return.

More like 1 or 2 euro.

Advertisement