Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darkest dungeon

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Excellent!

Started a new campaign last night with the new DLC. God help me.

CC does objectively make the game harder though. Even if you just look at the Blood Craving/Wasting debuffs (versus Passive Bloodlust). It only starts to become more neutral if you build some of the Districts. You don't open CC with anything that makes your guys or hamlet better.

I'm not saying the CC content itself or enemies are harder, but it does definitely add a Meta layer of difficulty while you are in the thick of the Infestation.
    And I'm speaking from experience here, I've finished all 4 DDs and am now struggling along at high Infestation and due to kill the Baron. My Rank 3-4 guys are all cursed and it's just annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also started a new campaign with all the bells and whistles plus Marvin Seo's 4 class mods. From the outset the game feels "harder" Feels like enemies are resisting, dodging and being missed alot more, and stress accumulation seems to have increased. I already had a new recruit die of a heart attack in the Warrens without said hero having any negative stress quirks. Deathblow resist % also feel lower, but i could be wrong. I know they did some work under the hood in regards to accuracy, unsure if that work extends to stress build up and resists.

I killed the Baron. Handy how it cures everyone and resets the infestations.

I guess I was having the opposite problem to a newbie doing CC, I was doing it when I had ~20 Lvl 6 Heroes, so I had a limited pool of relevant heroes for Veteran runs (bare in mind I'm playing on PS4 so cannot mod roster size - I have the game and all the DLC on PC too, but my main/best save file is on PS4).

When the CC launched it was PAINFUL to get Blood and Invitations.
    It's patched now, hell I don't even thing the "Gather the Blood" mission even existed at launch, it was added due to community complaints.
    So the Vintner was kind of necessary if you had the relevant resources to build it.
    I must have about 2/3rds of the districts built now :)

I'm not sure if the Fanatic or Baron are worst. They seem far more difficult than any vanilla bosses. Partially due to the 3x actions per round. The Fanatic is like an overpowered Hag.

I'm a purist too, having my main save file on PS4 has had to ensure that :P

Advertisement