Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Cabra

Options
  • 08-02-2016 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of moving to Cabra, but I've heard some negative things. Does anyone have any experience living there and can shed some light on what it's really like? What kind of people would live in the area? Are there many young professionals?

I've heard of antisocial behavior, especially around the Broombridge area, and also plenty of stories about shootings. I don't know if these have been exaggerated or not.

I'm aware of the pubs, particularly the ones to avoid! Would it be safe to walk through the area in the early hours of the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

I was seriously looking at cabra to buy two to three years ago. I viewed a lot of properties over a 12mth period. I like the shops and restaurants and the general village feeling. However, in my middle aged women's opinion, I found the area a little to edgy for me even though I was committed to giving it a go. Kids on bikes bombing along the footpath, vomit and pee on the pavements, people with obvious drugs and alcohol issues and other things I won't go into. Just as a comparison, I bought in Mountjoy Square in the end, another area with a bad rep, but love it there. This is only my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Like anywhere really you should probably go with your gut feeling about the place.

It's grand IMHO but not as settled as somewhere like D5 which to my mind is handier for town because of the more regular DART. Cheaper out this way too. We almost bought in Cabra and friends who have recently bought there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cabra has its no go areas.
    Don't buy in west Cabra and don't buy the canal side of fassaugh Rd.
    So effectively from dowth avenue to quarry road.

Advertisement