Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Shadow Puppets - The Olympia - 26th May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Sold out, missed the presale
    Friday added!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Was on at 9 and got 2 standing

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

I have a standing ticket for the Friday night, but would like to swap it for a standing ticket on the Thursday night. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Officer999 wrote: »
    I have a standing ticket for the Friday night, but would like to swap it for a standing ticket on the Thursday night. Anyone interested?

I'd be interested, but ideally I'd want to swap two for two? Do you have a second one to swap?

If anyone is interested in swapping two on Friday for my two on Thursday, give me a shout. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 1 seating ticket, hard copy, for the Thursday 26th. Finding it hard to sell so will let it go on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Have 1 seating ticket, hard copy, for the Thursday 26th. Finding it hard to sell so will let it go on the cheap.

Head over to http://www.toutless.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 UTLR

I have a standing ticket for the Friday, but looking to swap with anyone for the thursday night?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

UTLR wrote: »
    I have a standing ticket for the Friday, but looking to swap with anyone for the thursday night?? Thanks :)

I'd say you'd have better luck on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Any after parties for this going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Currently performing on Later Live... For anyone that's interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wednesday 25th May -
    Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7.30pm, support from Blossoms about 8.30pm, with The Last Shadow Puppets due on stage around 9.30pm. We expect the show to be over around 11pm/11.15pm. Please note, times subject to change as always and should be used as a guideline only.

Thursday 26th & Friday 27th May -
    Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, support from Blossoms about 8pm, with The Last Shadow Puppets due on stage around 9pm. We expect the show to be over around 10.30pm/10.45pm. Please note, times subject to change as always and should be used as a guideline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Alex will be on the first flight to London on Saturday morning....guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

For anyone who's been to the olympia a few times or if anyone could scope it out tonight or tomorrow, there's a buddy of mine who's looking to get from the seated area down to the standing area... Will that be a problem? Obviously they'll try prevent it but I reckon it's doable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Still cannot believe they're doing THREE dates!! Especially at the farcical price of the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Anyone at it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

dulux99 wrote: »
    For anyone who's been to the olympia a few times or if anyone could scope it out tonight or tomorrow, there's a buddy of mine who's looking to get from the seated area down to the standing area... Will that be a problem? Obviously they'll try prevent it but I reckon it's doable

Not likely unfortunately. They're pretty strict and have a couple of checks on the way into the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

They are two completely different entrances unfortunately. Your buddy probably won't make it past the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Great gig. Wasn't too into the support act, I saw Otherkin watching on the wings, would've been a much better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

Haven't been there in a while but you used to be able to down to the smoking area and rather than go back upstairs to the seats you could head straight into the standing area. They watched out for it but it was possible. They're probably a lot more wise to it now but could be worth a shot

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Great gig. Wasn't too into the support act, I saw Otherkin watching on the wings, would've been a much better choice.

What time were they on stage for ?

Haven't been there in a while but you used to be able to down to the smoking area and rather than go back upstairs to the seats you could head straight into the standing area. They watched out for it but it was possible. They're probably a lot more wise to it now but could be worth a shot

I don't think it sold out last night, there was a lot of room about downstairs and the bouncers weren't patting people down for naggins and there were loads on the floor after. I noticed Josh, the guitarist from The Strypes was in the pit and then the box and came back down so I'd say you might get away with it.
    threein99 wrote: »
    What time were they on stage for ?

Start: 10pm
    Finish: 11:45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

They definitely took their time getting on stage, but the show was great. Nice to see them mix it up with some older tunes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Start: 10pm
    Finish: 11:45pm

Pretty sure they were on before 10 and finished well before 11:45. I wouldn't mislead people with that info. Officially they were due on at 9:30 but there were delays.

Pretty sure they were on before 10 and finished well before 11:45. I wouldn't mislead people with that info. Officially they were due on at 9:30 but there were delays.

Sorry guys just an estimate, was too busy enjoying gig to look at exact time they were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Blossoms already on stage! I'll stay they be on 9 bells

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

but1er wrote: »
    Blossoms already on stage! I'll stay they be on 9 bells

Time for another pint in brogan's then...

Well that was brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Worth the 8 years wait..

Now where can I get that shirt on miles

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    Worth the 8 years wait..

Now where can I get that shirt on miles

Like a Spanish flamenco guitarist!!

Advertisement