Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Shadow Puppets - The Olympia - 26th May

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Absolutely astounding performance. The Last Shadow Puppets are a band in they're own right that's for sure!!

Wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Still cannot believe they're doing THREE dates!! Especially at the farcical price of the tickets.

They sold out two of them in quick time, so their is demand for them. Plus their debut album has built up quite a fanbase over the years, it's a fantastic album. Plus two U.K number 1 albums from a non full time band and also this as close you get to see Alex Turner non Arctic Monkeys on stage. So I don't know why that's so hard to believe.

going to see them tonight and it's great to hear back that they have been on great form over the last two nights.

They were on stage at 9pm on the button last night btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Batesy wrote: »
    They were on stage at 9pm on the button last night btw.

And they were absolutely brilliant. Not a single note wasted...if I wasn't working tomorrow I would have went back tonight and bought a ticket from a scalper!!

Any more reviews from Friday?

I'd still rank Thursday up there with one of the finest performances I've seen. Turner was the ultimate showman and Kane more than held his own.

It was really special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Brilliant gig on Friday, Alex could do with a bit more confidence though . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

the Springsteen tribute was cool, copped it straight away!

The 2 lads are just cool as f**k aren't they!

Great gig.

FitzShane wrote: »
    the Springsteen tribute was cool, copped it straight away!

The 2 lads are just cool as f**k aren't they!

Great gig.

What was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nowthen

Was at thurs nights gigs.
    I thought they were brilliant. Some gig.

The string section sounded great too didnt it?
    Thought sweet dreams tn sounded just class live.

Yeah ur right poor Alex does struggle with confidence doesnt he.
    I was waiting for this gig for a long time. Worth the wait.
    Whatever I paid €45 or €50, worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Are the Alex Turner/confidence comments sarcasm? He seems to be uber confident to me. Especially in comparison to his early days with the Monkeys.

• Advertisement

Are the Alex Turner/confidence comments sarcasm? He seems to be uber confident to me. Especially in comparison to his early days with the Monkeys.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

threein99 wrote: »
    Yes

I think he's great and all, love nearly everything he's ever put out. But its so obviously less of an act when Miles Kane hams it up on stage, whereas Alex Turner you can tell is really trying his damnedest to generate stage presence.

Oh and I went Thursday, amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Went Friday….an amazing gig.

Sweet Dreams,TN is an absolute belter of a song live.

What was with the cringey "olé olé" chants?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Happens at the majority of gigs in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Happens at the majority of gigs in Ireland

Ireland were playing Friday night, the Euros around the corner....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

FitzShane wrote: »
    Ireland were playing Friday night, the Euros around the corner....

They were shouting it on the Wednesday night aswell. I prefer when people sing 'Ole Ole' rather then stand with their arms crossed before the encore and shout 'One more tune'. One more tune implies that the band deserve one more, when in reality they usually play 2 or 3. They sang it at Bruce Springsteen and Busted too last night. Uniquely Irish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The highlight had to be I Want You (She' So Heavy). A brilliant song, performed to a very high standard. Having made sure I didn't see their set list beforehand, it was a fantastic curveball.

There's a couple of really good video footage up on YouTube of the Olympia gigs. Looks like it was shot from the security pit.

Another thing I noticed was they completely shuffled the setlist every night. So many bands just go from city to city and bang out the same setlist.

I love seeing bands do this. It shows that they literally put thought into each show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Not a fan of last shadow puppets but must give them another go after catching some of their set at primavera. Not that the songs were great but the stage antics were ridiculous from the two, I laugh everytime I think about it

Not a fan of last shadow puppets but must give them another go after catching some of their set at primavera. Not that the songs were great but the stage antics were ridiculous from the two, I laugh everytime I think about it

They have great chemistry, almost Pete and Carl-esque. They seem like they are having a brilliant time on stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement