Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade graphics card.

Options
  • 08-02-2016 11:07am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here is my current PC, good few years old now. Was thinking of upgrading,any suggestions?
    It already has an SSD also. I'm guessing jsut gfx card would be best. I game on 1440p.

newest.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have the same mobo and cpu and I would normally get the upgrade itch after 3 years but I haven't felt the need to this time around due to how good the i5-2500k is

So yeah just a GPU upgrade should do you going forward, I got an R9 390 late last year which will do if I take the plunge and go VR

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I'd just like to know what's best value at mid range to upper range really and go for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

At 1440p a GTX970 or R9 390.

A GTX560 at 1440p must be pretty painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Some very cheap R9-290s being sold on adverts recently; if you don't mind wearing headphones when you game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

560ti seems to run things great on my 27 inch 1440p but I don't play things with the most cutting edge graphics, I'm only upgrading due to well, I want to and a gfx card in the us may be cheaper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I want to and a gfx card in the us may be cheaper :D

Defo go that route, I had my eyeball on an i5 4690k for about 3 months on Amazon, never went down only by maybe a tenner here and there...

Saved 50 quid getting my parents to pick it up via MicroCenter in the US when they were there in November....

Advertisement