Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone experiencing this? "error 53"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nope not experiencing it, although I haven't had my home button/screen repaired by an unauthorized repair shop.

Really shouldn't be the uproar about this that there was over the weekend. The error message sucks, but I'd rather my phone shutting down completely in response to a phony component.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nope not experiencing it, although I haven't had my home button/screen repaired by an unauthorized repair shop.

Really shouldn't be the uproar about this that there was over the weekend. The error message sucks, but I'd rather my phone shutting down completely in response to a phony component.

Sensible thing to do here would be disable the Touch ID and Apple Pay, but still allow people to use the phone via the mandatory pass code / phrase. Bricking the phone on account of this is a bit of a dick move on apples behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sensible thing to do here would be disable the Touch ID and Apple Pay, but still allow people to use the phone via the mandatory pass code / phrase. Bricking the phone on account of this is a bit of a dick move on apples behalf.

I'd imagine doing that would open Apple up to more hurt than bricking phones. Say for example they did that and then the 3rd party home button gets access to your fingerprint your Apple Pay data on the secure enclave and ships it off to an unknown source? Hell I think I'd take a bricked phone.

This error 53 also happened with OEM first party parts to so its not just Apple trying to make a quick buck by ensuring you get your phone repaired at an authorised repair centre. It's caused mainly by low skilled repairers.

Anyways, morale of the story if you like your phone, get it repaired properly. If you owned a Ferrari would you get it serviced by true fresh out of mechanic college person or the mechanic that's learned their trade by watching YouTube videos?

Advertisement