Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 bent

• 08-02-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all,

Noticed on Friday that my iPhone 6 had a noticeable bend in it. No idea how this happened as I've had it for over a year and it's in perfect condition otherwise. Did a chat with apple support and they told me to bring it to compub as they are an authorised iPhone service provider, first I've heard of that. Any time I had an issue with a phone before its had to be sent to Apple

Is this a new service compub are offering? And has anyone any experience with using them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I don't have experience with compu b but I had my iPhone bend on me within a few months of ownership. I would suspect they want to send you to compu b and where they would charge for fixing it. They tried to charge me as well even though I was within warranty. They claimed it was my own fault that it bent and that their warranty doesn't cover it.

They agreed to fix it for free only after arguing with them so my advice would be to get back on the phone to them and tell them you can't get to a compu b store and if they can send out a box that can be posted off to them.

I only recently had another problem with my iPhone 6 when the battery drained. I was outside my warranty and they wanted to charge me €70 for a replacement. Again I asked to be put through to a supervisor and gave out about how poor quality the iPhone 6 seems to be and that I would rather invest the €70 in a chinese android phone which would have a better and replaceable battery. He was trying to push the charge but I kept repeating that I wasn't happy and eventually he came back with an offer to fix it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

I don't have experience with compu b but I had my iPhone bend on me within a few months of ownership. I would suspect they want to send you to compu b and where they would charge for fixing it. They tried to charge me as well even though I was within warranty. They claimed it was my own fault that it bent and that their warranty doesn't cover it.

They agreed to fix it for free only after arguing with them so my advice would be to get back on the phone to them and tell them you can't get to a compu b store and if they can send out a box that can be posted off to them.

I only recently had another problem with my iPhone 6 when the battery drained. I was outside my warranty and they wanted to charge me €70 for a replacement. Again I asked to be put through to a supervisor and gave out about how poor quality the iPhone 6 seems to be and that I would rather invest the €70 in a chinese android phone which would have a better and replaceable battery. He was trying to push the charge but I kept repeating that I wasn't happy and eventually he came back with an offer to fix it for free.

I'm out of warranty so they won't do anything. €300 for a replacement. I have insurance so for €75 I'd get a new one if I was unfortunate enough to lose this one. I may email Apple and complain about it bending.

Advertisement