Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Spotlight 2016 #4 - Omackeral

• 08-02-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

After some boards technical issues and after a busy week for myself, PW spotlight is back with one of my favourite posters, Omackeral.

If your unfamiliar with the concept, Ill explain. Basically each week I shall start a new thread with a different member of PW Boards featured each week,

In this thread the other boardies can ask him or her a host of different questions. Questions can vary from favourite match, to how they came up with their usernames to what the had for tea last night, with the aim of the thread being that we know that particular boardsie a bit better when the week is done.

There are some rules :
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster featured should be answering the questions.
    6. There will be a limit to 3 questions per post.

So, ladies and gents, don’t hesitate to submit some questions for Mr Omackeral in reply to this post.

Ill get the ball rolling shall I with my 3 questions

1. How did you come across PW Boards?

2. You watch NXT, whats your opinion on “The Drifter” Elias Sampson?

3. Who is your absolute fav wrestler of all time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Have you ever wrestled/ or considered wrestling?

What would your gimmick be if you stepped into the ring?

If you could be any wrestler from any time who would it be? Ie doing a "being John Malcovich"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »

1. How did you come across PW Boards?

2. You watch NXT, whats your opinion on “The Drifter” Elias Sampson?

3. Who is your absolute fav wrestler of all time?

1. Weird enough start to my Boards.ie membership. A few of the boys were discussing whether or not you could see Wales from Ireland on a clear day. I took to google and it took me to boards.ie. Turns out that you can! (Here's the thread if anyone's interested http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055597309 ). From there I had a look around and found soccer and wondered, if by a long shot, they had a wrestling section and they did!

2. I think the concept of The Drifter is decent enough. A major thing I'd tweak would be the announcement of his hometown. I wouldn't introduce him as being from Pittsburgh, I'd either change it from week to week to go with the drifting aspect or give him a gimmicked hometown. His look is ok, kinda a mix of Rollins and Sandow. Not too sure on the neckbreaker finish but we'll see.

3. Fave wrestlers of my childhood were British Bulldog and 123 Kid. Rooted for both against Bret Hart. Fave wrestler as a teen was Taz in ECW. And my most underrated fave/my boy is Perry Saturn, he was a beast with his throws and high flying pre WWE.

Have you ever wrestled/ or considered wrestling?

What would your gimmick be if you stepped into the ring?

If you could be any wrestler from any time who would it be? Ie doing a "being John Malcovich"

1. I haven't wrestled for a company but I've messed around quite a bit. I remember one time my mate and I worked the whole class into thinking we were gonna have a fight and I sucker punched him in class with a weapon shot. Here it is...

And here's some of my promo skills (or lack of)

2. If I could be any wrestler from any time. Hmmmm I'd say Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. Here's a dude that got paid to live the gimmick such as riding first class and having Virgil do all his stuff for him just so they could keep kayfabe. Plus he got to be an a**hole to people too to keep the heel illusion up. Sweet!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

1. who are your 3 most hated wrestlers of all time?

2. Do you think the Big Show has a prominent enough spot or does he need another run at the title?

3. What PPV have you rewatched the most?

1. who are your 3 most hated wrestlers of all time?

2. Do you think the Big Show has a prominent enough spot or does he need another run at the title?

3. What PPV have you rewatched the most?

1. The Big Bossman - For making fun of Big Show's dead father.
    Shane McMahon - For slagging off Big Show (Which way did he go).
    Floyd Mayweather - For breaking Big Show's nose.

2. Big Show can never have enough title runs. They should have him change from happy-go-lucky giant to monster heel a lot more than they do. The crowd would be shocked with his allegiance switches. Also, he should break Flair's record and he should've broken Taker's streak.

3. Probably Survivor Series 1999. Did you know that Big Show pulled double duty that night? He beat 4 men on his own in a handicap match AND went on to win the WWE Title too. His involvement in that match stopped us seeing the boring dynamic of a triple threat between Triple H, Stone Cold and The Rock.

Honorable mentions to St Valentine's Day Massacre (Show's debut) and Survivor Series 02 (Show dethrones a green Brock Lesnar for the title in Madison Square Garden, and takes Paul Heyman as his manager giving us a great natural pairing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

1. What are your favourite Daniel Bryan matches from the indies & WWE?

2. If you had to select one manager & one wrestler/tag team who have never been aligned together before, what combo would you make?

3. What was your favourite Big Show turn? Mine is when he shockingly helped John Laurinaitus beat Cena in the main event of Over The Limit. A much more fitting main event than that midcard Punk vs Bryan match for the WWE Championship.

1. What are your favourite Daniel Bryan matches from the indies & WWE?

2. If you had to select one manager & one wrestler/tag team who have never been aligned together before, what combo would you make?

3. What was your favourite Big Show turn? Mine is when he shockingly helped John Laurinaitus beat Cena in the main event of Over The Limit. A much more fitting main event than that midcard Punk vs Bryan match for the WWE Championship.

1. Danielson vs McGuinness from 2006 is the standout. Sad in retrospect given how both guys had to finish early. From WWE, his Summerslam match with Cena was epic but my favorite is his WM30 opener vs HHH, the perfect story based match which led to the best Mania payoff. So organic and real.

2. Call me crazy but I think Heyman with Ziggler could work. Play up on his natural ability and so on.

3. I couldn't pick just one Big Show turn, so instead I'm just gonna list them all ;

– A few months after “Big Nasty” entered the WWE he wound up in a feud with Mick Foley. Following the feud Nasty KO’d Vince McMahon and joined the Union to fight the Corporation.

– Show winds up turning heel again four months later and forms a tag team with The Undertaker feuding with Kane and X-Pac

– Less than three months later Show turns face during the infamous “Big Show Father is Dead” storyline and feuds with Prince Albert and the Big Bossman.

– Three months after Show turns face he turns heel again at the Royal Rumble where he wound up getting into it with The Rock. Show was eliminated by The Rock in the Rumble which started a feud between the two.

– Immediately after WrestleMania Show starts doing those goofy impersonations of other wrestlers (remember the Showster?) which of course turned him babyface. He wound up feuding with Shane McMahon.

– Two months after losing to Shane at Judgment Day Show turned heel again. Show acted as if he was going to go after Shane McMahon but instead wound up attacking The Undertaker. Show and Shane formed “The Conspiracy” with Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, and Edge and Christian.

– Show turns babyface again, pledging loyalty to the WWE throughout the Invasion angle and feuded specifically with Shane once again. He also formed the Show Gunns with Billy Gunn.

– Show turns heel again right after WrestleMania X-8. Show attacks Steve Austin and joins (or re-joins) the n.W.o.

– The Big Show returns after a lengthy injury-related absence and turns babyface once again after choosing to wrestle Kurt Angle at No Mercy 2004.

– The Big Show is drafted over to ECW and becomes the top heel in the company. Show attacks Tajiri, Super Crazy, and the F.B.I. at One Night Stand and winds up winning the title after Paul Heyman turns on Rob Van Dam.

– The Big Show seemingly turned babyface when a slimmer Show returned at No Way Out in 2008 only to turn back heel immediately by attacking Rey Mysterio thus turning twice in one night.

– Show winds up turning babyface over the course of the next few weeks when WWE fans reject Floyd Mayweather Jr. as the babyface in their feud. Show becomes something of a hero representing the WWE. Show officially turns babyface right after WrestleMania and begins feuding with the Great Khali.

– Show goes heel again in a few months after aligning himself with Vickie Guerrero in her feud against The Undertaker. Show attacked Undertaker at Unforgiven and began interfering in his matches.

– Show teases another babyface turn when he winds up with a spot on Team RAW. Show actually winds up turning on Team RAW to reveal he was a SmackDown guy all along. So in a sense he never really turned since he was a heel in the place.

– In April 2010 The Big Show KO’s The Miz after they lost the unified tag team championship which immediately turns him babyface (of course!)

– The Big Show returns after a lengthy absence in May 2012 with an “ironclad” contract as the henchmen of John Laurinaitis and begins a feud with John Cena.

– In March 2013 The Big Show helps Randy Orton and Sheamus against The Shield turning him somewhat babyface although this was never a full-fledged turn.

– Show “turns heel” (if you consider his alliance with Sheamus and Orton an turn) and KO’s Orton and Sheamus after losing a six-man tag team match to The Shield at WrestleMania 29. Show was mad nobody tagged him in which if you think about it actually makes him a bit of a babyface.

– Show returns from another lengthy absence and continues his feud with The Shield and thus makes a full-fledged babyface turn aligning with Mark Henry and RVD. Show and Henry were scheduled to have a long run as a team here until Henry got hurt.

– Show turned twice in one night once again in October when he KO’s Daniel Bryan at Battleground only to turn around and turn babyface once again by KO’ing Randy Orton.

– The Big Show turns on Team Cena at the Survivor Series 2014, KO’ing Cena and walking off of the team. Show joins the Authority.

– Show and Kane compete against Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns on the February 12, 2015 SmackDown. Kane and Show argue, Kane pushes Show and Show KO’s Kane seemingly turning back face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I love that Macho impression, gives me an idea for a thread!

1) What's your thoughts on Daniel Bryan's retirement?

2) Do you follow any wrestling outside of WWE?

3) Are you excited to see Shinsuke Nakamura in WWE / NXT?

4) Of any wrestler out there at the minute, who would you most like to see in the 'E?

5) Who would you put into the Hall of Fame, and if you could take anybody out, who, and why?

Questions from gerrybbadd

I love that Macho impression, gives me an idea for a thread!

Oh I'd love to hear this idea! Boardsies doing impressions??!

1) What's your thoughts on Daniel Bryan's retirement?

I'm happy for him that he'll not end up in a wheelchair like Dynamite or worse, another Benoit. The similarities in their styles and his are many. He has a beautiful wife, he has youth and I'd assume he has cash in the bank. I'd say he'll prosper going forward. An absolute gentleman of a man and, I won't lie, how retirement speech gave me a lump in the throat. A classy humble and gracious man.

2) Do you follow any wrestling outside of WWE?

Used to be an avid TNA follower up until Abyss and that Hall of Fame ring garbage. Also Hogan vs Flair was all kinda of sad. I watch WrestleKingdom every year also and catch a handful of live Irish Indy shows.

3) Are you excited to see Shinsuke Nakamura in WWE / NXT?

I am. He's charisma personified. He'll be so much better as a character than Hideo Itami. His style is very smash mouth though, wonder if he'll have to tone it down.

4) Of any wrestler out there at the minute, who would you most like to see in the 'E?

I'd love to see JoMo back. Felt they only scratched the surface with him. Would also like to see the Briscoes come in and batter Dash and Dawson.

5) Who would you put into the Hall of Fame, and if you could take anybody out, who, and why?

I'd induct British Bulldog and Owen Hart. Both have had long successful Hall Of Fame careers and both could feasibly had translational heel world title reigns in the mid 90's. Davey arguably revolutionised the sport in the UK and Owen is quite simply one of the best never to capture the top brass. They both belong in there, either together or separately.

As for taking people out, I dunno. Theres a couple of head scratchers. Koko B Ware, Bob Uecker... But I digress.

Any other questions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1) What are your 3 favourite entrance themes of all time?

2) If you were the booker of WWF in 1993 and the main event of WrestleMania IX was Hogan v Hart for the title, how would you book it?

3) Who was better Los Boricuas or DOA?

4) What are your 3 favourite WCW matches?

5) Who wins the MILF battle, Dixie Carter or Stephanie McMahon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

In what order of importance would you place
    Look
    In ring capability
    Promo ability.

If you became a billionaire and decided to create your own wrestling company who would you get to be your number 1 that would realistically leave WWE

LeeJM wrote: »
    1) What are your 3 favourite entrance themes of all time?

2) If you were the booker of WWF in 1993 and the main event of WrestleMania IX was Hogan v Hart for the title, how would you book it?

3) Who was better Los Boricuas or DOA?

4) What are your 3 favourite WCW matches?

5) Who wins the MILF battle, Dixie Carter or Stephanie McMahon?

Legion Of Doom - OH WHAT A RUSH!
    Tazz - That flatline was sick.
    nWo - Iconic and coolness personified.

2. I think Hart vs Hogan could have drawn instead of wasting Hulk in that throwaway tag match and then having him basically usurp the title. A few ways you could handle this. Firstly, Hogan can go over but this is on condition he puts Bret over strong and clean at King of the Ring on his way out. At the same same time, have Yoko win the KOTR tournament and declare himself as No.1 contender. That way Bret is established and has a fresh monster heel challenger for Royal Rumble 1994. Owen could get involved at this point leading back to Bret vs Owen in the opener for WrestleMania X, with the winner getting Yoko. (Bret wins here).

3. Los Boricuas by a gee-hair due to their theme song and Savio Vega was actually a good worker. DOA were horrible.

4. Oh god I wasn't a massive WCW fan by any means. Rey Mysterio and Dean Malenko were golden. I also loved Goldberg vs Raven for the US title. For the Lols, the Triple Cage match at Slamboree 2000. How mental was that.

5. Stephanie. I'd consider Dixie more of a GILF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

You can invite 5 from people from the history of wrestling to dinner. Any era you like. Name them?

Same question with people from any walk of life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Without saying Big Show, Reigns or Kane Who do you think should be pushed, who should they stop pushing and who should they cut loose?

Where does your dislike of The Big Show come from? Just the fact he keeps being pushed? The number of turns?

In what order of importance would you place
    Look
    In ring capability
    Promo ability.

If you became a billionaire and decided to create your own wrestling company who would you get to be your number 1 that would realistically leave WWE

I think you need two out of three to succeed. Take Bret Hart for example, not revered for his mic skills but definitely excelled in-ring and looked great. Look at Cena, looks a million dollars, dynamite on the stick but wouldn't be as crisp as the top guys. Then take Ric Flair, amazing talker, a general in the ring but quite honestly just looks like a normal guy. Charisma is another one that's important like a Taker or a Brock.

Wow what a question. Who could you tempt away? Cesaro and Ziggler must be disenfranchised on some level creatively but could you build a company around either of those guys? Good question, not too sure!

Kankan14 wrote: »
    You can invite 5 from people from the history of wrestling to dinner. Any era you like. Name them?

Same question with people from any walk of life?

Chris Jericho for wit and humour. His books are amazing.
    Raven for intellect. He's a genius and has been in every company.
    Scott Hall for his aura, coolness and journey.
    Barry Horowitz to get the perspective of a career jobber with a big push built in.
    Maryse just to look at!

Q, Joe, Murr and Sal from Impractical Jokers. Gas lads.
    A homeless person just to give them a good meal.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Without saying Big Show, Reigns or Kane Who do you think should be pushed, who should they stop pushing and who should they cut loose?

Where does your dislike of The Big Show come from? Just the fact he keeps being pushed? The number of turns?

Ambrose should be pushed. The crowd want him. Get the Ambrrrooose chants going like Goldberg had and let him express homeself a little more. I'm not saying he should be champion, but he should be thereabouts. Ziggler and Wyatt are easily pushable too.

They should stop pushing the Authority as a lead act. It's gone on too long now and with Seth gone, serves no purpose.

If they cut Del Rio I couldn't give a fiddlers. He's bland. League of Nation has been tripe. If Hornswoggle is still there he should be gone too.

Ah Big Show is just terrible. His offence is crap, his ring name is terrible, his music sucks, he looks crap. His booking is gick too, hasn't ever been bookedwell in WWE outside of his 2002 run with Heyman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whats your all time fav faction?

If you were a wrestler, what would your name and entrance music be?

Whats your fav prank/skit in Impractical Jokers ? (love that you enjoy that show.)

Did you injure yourself in the post rumble woolshed hardcore street fight match in 2014?

Q's from beakerjoe

Whats your all time fav faction?

I thought the Hart Foundation were great. They really had a whole other dynamic to them with the whole "hated in the US but loved in Canada and Europe" thing going on. The fact they were all dungeon graduates and related was epic. The jackets were kick ass. I loved the HHH led DX too, all kinda of cool.

If you were a wrestler, what would your name and entrance music be?

I'd probably be soccer hooligan inspired character Ricky Robinson with I Predict A Riot by Kaiser Chiefs. You could sell those half masks/scarves as merch and have some good kicks as offense.

Whats your fav prank/skit in Impractical Jokers ? (love that you enjoy that show.)

I laugh at their reactions watching each other as much as I laugh at the pranks! I saw one they did in a supermarket where they ha to rob groceries out of peoples trollies without getting caught. Funnily enough, back in the day we used to do something similar when we all worked in Dunnes. We'd place a random item in the customers trolley and follow them all over the store to the checkout to see if they'd actually buy it without noticing. Great times.

Did you injure yourself in the post rumble woolshed hardcore street fight match in 2014?

Ha ha oh god that was messy, the cops showed up and all! For those who do t know, myself and a pal had a pitcher too many at one of the WWE Woolshed parties and ended up in a street fight/falls count anywhere match. He got the worst of it when I press slammed him into a dumpster in a courtyard. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Did you attend the very first Wrestling night, in Captain America's?

I was never at the Captain Americas nights, just the Woolshed for Summerslam 2013,Royal Rumble 2014 and NXT Takeover:London. Enjoyed them all. I'd never do a WrestleMania there though, it's a tradition since 2006 to work the circuit of all the boys' houses. Long may it continue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're given the task of getting The Ascension over. How would you attempt it?

Maybe have the Wyatt's take an interest in them sort of like the Ministry did with the Brood back in the day. Beat downs and such. Bray still has Strowman, Harper and Rowan as his brothers but Konnor and Viktor will become his soldiers. Toughen them up into killers. Have them destroy the likes of Los Matadores and Social Outcasts before getting them to target the Uso's. They could be re-ignite their feud with the Lucha Dragons from NXT also, showing a vicious side.

I think it's a shame what happened to them tbh.

Advertisement