Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Doubles

Options
  • 08-02-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭

How many are planning on playing this once it releases tomorrow?

I'm no sure about it, will depend on the drops I suppose - but I don't think I will go near it. For the same reason I don't play trials, rumble or elimination. Not a good enough cruicible player to be relied on - I can get away with average play in the 6vs6 modes, not in the smaller modes that are more reliant on close knit and well executed team-work and tactics.

Will be interesting to see what the reception to the game mode is like, and if it will become a more regular crucible mode after it is done.

If you are planning on hitting it hard, who is gonna be your partner in crime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll probably play 5 or 10 games or enough to do some bounties or whatever comes first

Can't see me playing it even half the amount of time I play Iron Banner for

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah i might grab gimli for a few games and see what its like haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Will give it a go, and see what the dealio is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

probably depends on the drop rates, lot of people still looking for the 320 shell. If its going to be similar to Iron banner where win/lose/draw doesn't effect the drops then I can see a lot more mercy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'll be giving it a bash but I won't be taking it too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm interested. If there are bounties (I assume there will be), I'll attempt to do a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any sweaty folk looking to do this whilst hungover on Sunday? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

18gb's for the update? :-(

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, sure I still lost nearly every match but I still managed to get all of the dailies and that weekly bounty done. Had a good few legendary engrams drop, got two chocolate ghosts(306,310) and the two event shaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, sure I still lost nearly every match but I still managed to get all of the dailies and that weekly bounty done. Had a good few legendary engrams drop, got two chocolate ghosts(306,310) and the two event shaders.

Do you have to rank up a faction like IB?

• Advertisement

Nope there's no rep at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    Nope there's no rep at all

I might jump on over the weekend so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So, Crimson Doubles is just another Trials sniper fest. Fcuk that sh1t. Won't be touching it again.

Can Bungie not actually make a game that isn't massively weighted towards snipers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sidearms are money with the new Special ammo situation. Always spawns with ammo, then you can switch over after the first round to your secondary of choice.

So, Crimson Doubles is just another Trials sniper fest. Fcuk that sh1t. Won't be touching it again.

Can Bungie not actually make a game that isn't massively weighted towards snipers?

I found very few snipers last night, lost of rushing in with primary's.

Ghost farming, can have game over with in less than 2 mins apparently! plus you still get the crucible rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNmq_NiveU

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »
    I found very few snipers last night, lost of rushing in with primary's.

Ghost farming, can have game over with in less than 2 mins apparently! plus you still get the crucible rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNmq_NiveU

First game was primary based and a lot of fun. Next four games were vs two snipers every single time.

Quickly and completely lost interest in the game mode at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

So what is the story with Crimson doubles, is it like two-man trials or how does it play out?

What about the maps - are they in rotation and is the number of maps higher than say Iron Banner. Any old maps making a re-appearance

Are the drops decent or not worth the effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    So what is the story with Crimson doubles, is it like two-man trials or how does it play out?

What about the maps - are they in rotation and is the number of maps higher than say Iron Banner. Any old maps making a re-appearance

2 man TOO with no LL. Same maps as Trials rotating.

I am't the best PVP'r but I really enjoyed last night. Broke out Thorn since I didn't really get to use it last year.

New Special ammo rules can be gotten around easily enough if your bothered but it really only affects the first 30 seconds of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

CDBWhoop wrote: »

I played a few games last night with Abuses and thought that it was good craic. The buff does give you the feeling that you have a chance in a 1v2 situation. I NEED to see if the Tlaloc get even better with a super up and having the buff.
    There seems to be more maps in rotation that in IB, we got a good spread amongst them.
    I got a 316 ghost and a red shader for my troubles (plus a couple of legendary engrams from the bounties).
    That crimson candy buff is nonsense - surely the buff should have been applied to armour as it is so slow to upgrade?
    Sidearms are money with the new Special ammo situation. Always spawns with ammo, then you can switch over after the first round to your secondary of choice.

This. Also for the gun bounties (get 10 kills with <gun type>, your team mates kills also count towards these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I must give it a run through later. I imagine it's less sweaty without people on cards or chasing flawless.

• Advertisement

I think this game mode might actually suit my play style which is nice.

I can't believe I got away with this, after gonz got booted from the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Reddit seems to be all in agreement that Festival Of The Lost is better than Crimson Doubles. FOTL offered silly masks with no light value as reward for completing missions, as opposed to shaders and up to 320 ghosts from Crimson Doubles. It's a new game mode for crucible, and less pressure than elimination / Trials. I don't see how the hilarity of my Skolas mask trumps this. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

PetKing wrote: »
    Reddit seems to be all in agreement that Festival Of The Lost is better than Crimson Doubles. FOTL offered silly masks with no light value as reward for completing missions, as opposed to shaders and up to 320 ghosts from Crimson Doubles. It's a new game mode for crucible, and less pressure than elimination / Trials. I don't see how the hilarity of my Skolas mask trumps this. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

just waiting for the usual reddit threads, "I played 300 games, and here's my drops". I've yet to see any of the new ghosts dropping, and the big bounty gave me a duck horn and an emote.

PetKing wrote: »
    Reddit seems to be all in agreement that Festival Of The Lost is better than Crimson Doubles. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I've given up on DTG Subreddit. There's so much Hyperbole now

Previously: "FOTL is s**t, IB Rift is a terrible Idea"

Time Passes

Now: "FOTL was good, IB Rift was a great Idea."

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Anyone have any idea of what happened here; I thought I body shotted yer man with a snipe - but he seemed to die because of an explosion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Daraa wrote: »
    2 man TOO with no LL. Same maps as Trials rotating.

I am't the best PVP'r but I really enjoyed last night. Broke out Thorn since I didn't really get to use it last year.

New Special ammo rules can be gotten around easily enough if your bothered but it really only affects the first 30 seconds of a game.

Quite affective if your continually being sniped out of it within the first 30 seconds of every round.

A few reports aswell saying your light level will effect the ghost you get (if you get one). So people using thorn supposedly won't get that 320!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I got an emote and the sparrow, which is admittedly top notch statwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

syboit wrote: »
    A few reports aswell saying your light level will effect the ghost you get (if you get one). So people using thorn supposedly won't get that 320!!

I was 309 last night and got a 316 & 319 ghost.

Advertisement