Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Doubles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

In other news... Crimson Doubles was actually really fun last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I guess it falls to me to suggest it, has anyone considered getting 8 in a PS4 party and starting matchmaking at the same time to see if any of us get matched together?

Fun fun obviously, not for any sort of sad attempt at buffing each others games/bounties/wins etc (cough SRL cough)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I guess it falls to me to suggest it, has anyone considered getting 8 in a PS4 party and starting matchmaking at the same time to see if any of us get matched together?

Fun fun obviously, not for any sort of sad attempt at buffing each others games/bounties/wins etc (cough SRL cough)

I've found there is pretty much zero time between the match being made and launching in to the match - so it would be hard to avoid playing many matches against randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

You must not be referring to the 3 games we played last night surely?!

I must say though, didn't feel any of the pressure of Trials from it, and although only 3 games, the maps were not good for snipers. Shottys were the order of the day and levelled the playing field I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was 309 last night and got a 316 & 319 ghost.

nice, I've yet to see any of the crimson shells drop yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'll be looking for a partner this evening, haven't got a chance to play many games yet. I liked what I played so far though, you have some chance of making a comeback when its 1v2

PetKing wrote: »
    You must not be referring to the 3 games we played last night surely?!

I must say though, didn't feel any of the pressure of Trials from it, and although only 3 games, the maps were not good for snipers. Shottys were the order of the day and levelled the playing field I felt.

Managed to get back on about 15 mins later (you'd logged off at this stage). Optimus carried me through another 3 games. It did seem a lot more relaxed overall though - made a nice change from Trials.

We had 1 team equip Touch of Malice and kill themselves immediately at the start of each round. They were farming ghosts. I messaged yer man for the craic and he said they weren't having any luck.

Whereas I got a 316 ghost for beating them :pac:

What loot drops as unknown legendaries for completing the bounties? Is it special stuff just for the event or just regular crucible loot?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

What loot drops as unknown legendaries for completing the bounties? Is it special stuff just for the event or just regular crucible loot?

Just the standard crucible gear aka 3 marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be looking for a partner this evening, haven't got a chance to play many games yet. I liked what I played so far though, you have some chance of making a comeback when its 1v2

Oh Dave pimping yourself out :D

I might be on after training for a while.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Oh Dave pimping yourself out :D

I might be on after training for a while.

Myself and van damme causes havoc earlier, if it had of been trials we'd have gone all the way to the lighthouse :P

Gonna dip into this later for the 1st time.

I'm into numerology, crystal skulls and jet-fuel can melt steel beams.
    Message me if your beliefs align with mine and you'd like to hook up ;)

Ah man, sickened that we're on different platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ah man, sickened that we're on different platforms

Year one of Destiny 3 will have cross platform co-op, PS5 and XCubed. It will pave the way for a single system a few years later, the 3D rendering XPlayMate.

What is this nonsense?????

Lonely hearts club is that way
    > :D

YOLO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got a chocolate one myself, was only 307 so was pretty useless.

I played about 10 games yesterday and got a 317 sparkling ghost (pink) and a 310 chocolate ghost. Also got a shader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Got into few games of this earlier. Was a bit of craic. Nice to get back to it actually.

Got a good few kamikaze games but overall fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got in 9 games there on the ps4 with my horribly neglected characters, I have terrible weapons but still managed to win 5/9 matches with me doing the carrying.(yay for no lvl advantages) The 320 ghost will be most welcome when they send them out, I really should try to level my characters up.(highest is lvl37)

Is there a 320 ghost for each of your characters that completes the matches?

Is there a 320 ghost for each of your characters that completes the matches?

If you are talking about the guaranteed 320 ghost from Bungie that will be account not character based.

If you are talking about the guaranteed 320 ghost from Bungie that will be account not character based.

How bad. I'll take it :)

YOLO

What the hell man, you can't leave us on a 4-4 cliff hanger like that - who won?

What the hell man, you can't leave us on a 4-4 cliff hanger like that - who won?

The opposition.

:(

Got 14 games of this done over about 2 hours with my friend.

Went pretty well, we enjoyed it anyway.

Our strategy was sound though.

Tier 5 Discipline
    Round Starts
    Throw 2 Axiom Bolts with Mastery (we'd wait from them both to charge each round)
    Blink onto them with 2 Ram Helms and start meleeing like crazy
    Possible Sidearm to finish

I only came across one team of "Snipers" that were able to in any way cope with that.
    Can't exactly be hard scoping with that many grenades coming at you every round.

I think your enjoyment would be heavily influenced by how seriously you took it, we did our best but didn't get upset it we lost as we were just doing it for the weekly bounty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I enjoyed Crimson Doubles I have to say. I found it got a bit harder as the week went on. I played with three different partners, two randoms and one person that I know (but don't play any PvP with really). It was fun to get matched with two Irish peeps in my first game (irishlad212 and bullerEIRE if you guys are in here).

Had one fun game in particular where my teammate got picked in an awkward spot on Timekeeper. The other team sat back for some reason, and it was tricky to push him without getting sniped, so I expended a bunch of their special ammo by shadestepping in, resurrecting my teammate, then shadestepping out and letting them get the res snipe.

Overall, I had some really enjoyable games where I was wrecking, but had at least an equal number of games where I got wrecked. I loved trying to clutch rounds 2v1 with the Broken Heart buff.

Regarding the drop rate, I played 40 games in total. I got zero Crimson Double related drops. Saw one ghost drop for a teammate after 30+ games, and that was it. Glad to be getting a guaranteed ghost, and, from previewing the shaders, I don't think I'm missing much in that regard.

Advertisement