Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Doubles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Probably shouldn't have given up on this as quick as I did. Three games in a row of double snipers taking me out before I even saw them put me right off an never went back.

Didn't want to drag any of the better players down with me either, so stuck to Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably shouldn't have given up on this as quick as I did. Three games in a row of double snipers taking me out before I even saw them put me right off an never went back.

True Vanguard says: "Stop going around corners at ground level, use that vertical space, hop around corners!" :)

Hop -> Grenade from Downtown -> Blink Rush!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I really enjoyed doubles this week, I hope they bring it back into rotation. Got all the shaders and 3 ghosts (highest LL was 318 I think).
    Was using the sniper mostly as my special...well after spawning in with a sidearm to get ammo. I am getting a little better at sniping. Got a few double headshot kills as last guardian which I was pleased with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Glad you didn't throw up any clips featuring my efforts Nev, brutal stuff lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

nevelator wrote: »
    Was using the sniper mostly as my special...well after spawning in with a sidearm to get ammo. I am getting a little better at sniping. Got a few double headshot kills as last guardian which I was pleased with.

Nice use of the Meat-Shield tactic there Nev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Nice use of the Meat-Shield tactic there Nev.

It's my go to move; gotta get that buff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had a few games yesterday, its not a bad game mode but Ill give it a bash later (If I am not going to the cinema to see deadpool :P) and make up my mind then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

You were probably just unlucky getting matched against good Trials opponents. The rise of the sidearm is a satisfying smack in a sniper's face.
    Didn't want to drag any of the better players down with me either, so stuck to Control.

There's still time to finish 7 games today man. You don't need the wins, and chances are, you'll have more balanced games. In my limited game time in elimination, rush the first round to see how your opponents act, then act accordingly. I'll played a game with Chimp I think where we went 3/4-0 down from rushing/advancing on them. Once we camped, it changed the dynamic and they were out of sorts, and we came back to win.

I got 15 games done in less than 2 hours just to give you an idea of how quick it can be to complete the Quest, Weekly Bounty, 5 of the 6 other bounties (didn't do the one for 12 kills with all 4 weapon types)

The weapons one was the only bounty I had to make an effort on. The others took care of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got 14 games of this done over about 2 hours with my friend.

Went pretty well, we enjoyed it anyway.

Our strategy was sound though.

Tier 5 Discipline
    Round Starts
    Throw 2 Axiom Bolts with Mastery (we'd wait from them both to charge each round)
    Blink onto them with 2 Ram Helms and start meleeing like crazy
    Possible Sidearm to finish

I only came across one team of "Snipers" that were able to in any way cope with that.
    Can't exactly be hard scoping with that many grenades coming at you every round.

I think your enjoyment would be heavily influenced by how seriously you took it, we did our best but didn't get upset it we lost as we were just doing it for the weekly bounty.

My strategy was very simple.

Shoot the other guys till they died. Rinse and repeat. Won 9 of my last 10 games so seemed a solid strategy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »

Shoot the other guys till they died. Rinse and repeat. Won 9 of my last 10 games so seemed a solid strategy !!

Have to agree- I don't see the need for an in-depth strategy guide to Crimson Doubles. Simple shooter mechanics, shoot & kill the opposition before they do to you. Played with Ferrigan, Swampdonkey & another guy Enigma over the weekend, the above "Titian Strategy" worked a treat on all occasions- Simple, Effective.

TL;DR- Shoot before being shot, win.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

Pew pew and the like. Pulse rifle for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You might as well play 7 games on a character and get the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone up for a couple now to get the ghost (PS4).

Can invite Doyier to party

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Top tip: blink blink blinkitty blink.

Be like this fella in a sandstorm.

14c0b3c518ce506faa8e98855a46e36e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cheers to Eire for putting up with me through a load of Crimson Days games tonight. A LOT of losses and a few wins - got all my bounties done in the end. A load of legendary drops, mostly chests and legs. Got a Hakke sidearm too - and an 310 armamentarium, my 3rd but a nice drop anywho. Got a crappy (congratulations) emote and the two crimson days shaders.

Two games of note - one where I got 9 kills to 1 death - dominated the other team, a few double downs, including a fist of havoc double to win it. And one where Eire pulled off the match point win at 1 vs 2 with a throwing knife and shotgun/melee kill, was a lovely piece of play. Told him to capture it for sharing....

Shoot the other guys till they died. Rinse and repeat.

Well putting your 0.73KDR against my 1.58KDR I can't say I'm kicking myself too hard for spending 20 seconds to come up with that game changing meta strategy :pac:

It got us a few wins and we had fun, my mate doesn't really play much PvP at all (aside from Control) so I was satisfied we gave it our best
    Won 9 of my last 10 games so seemed a solid strategy !!

I guess we're not gonna mention the 1st 10 games you played so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well putting your 0.73KDR against my 1.58KDR I can't say I'm kicking myself too hard for spending 20 seconds to come up with that game changing meta strategy :pac:

It got us a few wins and we had fun, my mate doesn't really play much PvP at all (aside from Control) so I was satisfied we gave it our best

I guess we're not gonna mention the 1st 10 games you played so :D

Check my game history before CD. Hadn't played PvP since IB.

I also don't care about KD as I tend to run around like a mad eejit and just enjoy myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Check my game history before CD. Hadn't played PvP since IB.

I also don't care about KD as I tend to run around like a mad eejit and just enjoy myself :P

I thought it was only little squekers that live with their mothers who care about K/D :P

• Advertisement

Well putting your 0.73KDR against my 1.58KDR

I'm no expert of the internet but i can only see a K/D of 1.05 for you......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I thought it was only little squekers that live with their mothers who care about K/D :P

Kelso-BURN.jpg

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'm no expert of the internet but i can only see a K/D of 1.05 for you......:confused:

Used "Game query aggregator" to look at Crimson Doubles

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadHead?mode=15&startDate=2016-02-13&endDate=2016-02-13&characterId=0

So, it's based off a week of a particular game type. Oh. Weak dude.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    So, it's based off a week of a particular game type. Oh. Weak dude.

Yeah, the game type that's in the title of this thread, Don't see why I'd be looking at Rift, Trials etc.

My point was double axiom bolt grenades worked for us and we weren't particularly skilled just gave us an edge if people tried sniping.

When should I expect my ghost of fair play to be delivered?

PetKing wrote: »
    When should I expect my ghost of fair play to be delivered?

They said by the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I enjoy people putting up strategy suggestions and stuff. I try to do it myself. Mostly because I don't really enjoy losing or being **** at something. I'm still not very good, but reading strats like that helps people to improve or find out something that you can exploit if you're not 920 quickscope skill levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

There's a lot of strategy in the game.

I don't know how many times I rushed in for a melee kill, for the other person to get a res overshield and comfortably turn around to kill me.
    I tried to res Nova Bomb 2 lads, who survived due to overshield and turned around and killed me.
    Same with rockets, overshield is better than direct rocket hits...

I'm learning now to let them get the res, sit back, then hit with super / heavy ammo. But it's a learning curve.

Considering how fast you can res with the fast revive armour, it makes it more difficult for a single person to rush a res attempt. As far as I know, you're actually immune for a split second when revived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You're immune until you stand fully upright

Advertisement