Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Doubles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Which I learned the hard way. I've gotten a few res snipes in Trials before but I always get them when the animation finishes - so it didn't fully sink in that they'd survive a Nova bomb or rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Doubles is back this week.

Anyone looking for a hook up?

No Strings Attached

Must be clean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah id do some

Cool, I have 7 wins.

Just need a quick run of 43 more

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be on for some Doubles during the week.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cool, I have 7 wins.

Just need a quick run of 43 more

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DoyIer/doubles

mlg doubles can't lose :pac:

I'll be on for a bit of Doubles later on.
    Any idea of what the rewards are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll be on for a bit of Doubles later on.
    Any idea of what the rewards are?

GRIMOIRE

Ah, I was thinking of the Crimson Doubles special event, is this just regular Doubles? I'm guessing so, seeing as it's not Valentines day...

dudeeile wrote: »
    GRIMOIRE

5k Grimore!

(I'm 4990 now, all I have is Doubles and Rumble left)

• Advertisement

Ah, I was thinking of the Crimson Doubles special event, is this just regular Doubles? I'm guessing so, seeing as it's not Valentines day...

Liberation Doubles?

#TheCongo

I hope to knock out a few victories in this but the destiny lag from the other night has left a bitter taste, we were getting matchmade with all corners of the planet.

Haven't been back to it since but I really hope that it was a flash in the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

5k Grimore!

(I'm 4990 now, all I have is Doubles and Rumble left)

Just checked what I had left to get in the crucible, makes for grim reading. I have yet to get 100 wins in clash!
    Clash - 92
    Rumble - 15
    Skirmish - 45
    Salvage - 33
    Doubles - 33

nevelator wrote: »
    Just checked what I had left to get in the crucible, makes for grim reading. I have yet to get 100 wins in clash!
    Clash - 92
    Rumble - 15
    Skirmish - 45
    Salvage - 33
    Doubles - 33

Ah yes but those KF completions and Russian Connections.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I hope to knock out a few victories in this but the destiny lag from the other night has left a bitter taste, we were getting matchmade with all corners of the planet.

Haven't been back to it since but I really hope that it was a flash in the pan.

I ran some PVP yesterday and the lag was brutal :mad: Then 2 of my wins didnt count towards my Dead Orbit Exotic quest but Im determined to keep at PVP for a bit.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Then 2 of my wins didnt count towards my Dead Orbit Exotic quest but Im determined to keep at PVP for a bit.

I'd bet my house you weren't wearing the Dead Orbit armband for those 2 matches. Keeps happening to me in this exotic quests :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd bet my house you weren't wearing the Dead Orbit armband for those 2 matches. Keeps happening to me in this exotic quests :o

I did, I even double checked it but they eventually counted after I left Mayhem and went to Control so its all gravy :) so hand over those keys :P

But my main gripe was with the lag and in the few matches I played (All different opponents each time) the ones with bad connection were Blink Shotgunners every last time.

Gah, I probably won't be around for Doubles until the weekend. I will surely be up for some then though.

Perhaps we should make a general PvP thread? Could get a decent bit of discussion out of it (game modes, weapon rolls, builds etc.)

nevelator wrote: »
    Clash - 92
    Rumble - 15
    Skirmish - 45
    Salvage - 33
    Doubles - 33

How did you check that?

• Advertisement

How did you check that?

http://destinystatus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Played some Doubles last night, need about 60 odd games. 1 game is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow to play.

Can't find anyone to play this with for love nor money.

It's a dose going in solo because you always end up against a team of two

And I always end up with really, really, really, skilled players.

It's so fecking sweaty cause it's like we're all on a level skill wise, but the enemy have the advantage of communication me and my randomer don't have

These Titans with the Immune Front Shield thing are doing my effing head in

This game mode should be made full time.

100 wins for the grimoire and its been on what, 3 times since launch.

I've only played it 1 of those times but it was newbie week and I managed to rack up 30 wins. I hope this is not Bungie's attempt to offset the current lull in activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was backing out of fireteams of 2 last night. Only played about 3/4 games and that took ages. I say you looking for Doubles but I was lazy amd opening my mouth on mic was an extreme effort.

PetKing wrote: »
    I was backing out of fireteams of 2 last night. Only played about 3/4 games and that took ages. I say you looking for Doubles but I was lazy amd opening my mouth on mic was an extreme effort.

It's impossible for me to find a game without at least 1 fireteam of 2 I noticed.

Maybe it's SBMM?

Meh I can't win a game on this due to SBMM. Just constant teams of 2kd+. Is why I barely play anymore, which in itself ****s me over more as when I do come on it retains my skill rating from before (or whatever they use).

AdamD wrote: »
    Meh I can't win a game on this due to SBMM. Just constant teams of 2kd+.

So do you now find Trials easier than regular Crucible?
    Or is it just a case that you expect Trials to be sweaty but now every game mode has turned into a sweat fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    Meh I can't win a game on this due to SBMM. Just constant teams of 2kd+. Is why I barely play anymore, which in itself ****s me over more as when I do come on it retains my skill rating from before (or whatever they use).

Surely though, by constantly playing better players, you'll get better yourself no? Or have you hit a plateau?????? :D

SBMM is all well and good, but I firmly believe it should only occur AFTER CBMM has happened.

• Advertisement

So do you now find Trials easier than regular Crucible?
    Or is it just a case that you expect Trials to be sweaty but now every game mode has turned into a sweat fest?
    Trials is miles easier for the most part. Which is frustrating as you can only play on the weekends and in a part of 3.
    Surely though, by constantly playing better players, you'll get better yourself no? Or have you hit a plateau?????? :D

SBMM is all well and good, but I firmly believe it should only occur AFTER CBMM has happened.

You get better but you never see the effects as you only play top players (except for trials).

The whole system just results in lower skilled and average players getting utterly battered in trials as they never get practice against good players whereas good players are getting tough matches against other good players constantly.

Not sure if its possible but if you could see my full rumble history the difference is ridiculous. Pretty sure I had a 10 win streak pre SBMM now I win 1 in 3, its so difficult:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DoyIer/freeForAll

I probably sound like a moany bastard but its ruined the game for me

Advertisement