Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Doubles

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

which-moaning-myrtle-are-you-2-12238-1449535244-0_dblbig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

AdamD wrote: »
    Not sure if its possible but if you could see my full rumble history the difference is ridiculous. Pretty sure I had a 10 win streak pre SBMM now I win 1 in 3, its so difficult:

I'd take that 1 in 3 statistic right there, hell I'd even be boasting about it to be honest. I dread to think what my actual stats are but I've won 6 and that's something.

This skill thing makes it tough all round because it's like for like and that and I'm all for it, it's the fairest system but when it takes skill and completely disregards connection then boo bungie.

Like knave said connection first then skill, there has to be a sweet spot in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I went on a BIG rant yesterday to Conovar about this whole SBMM in Doubles carry on.

I have been getting CRUSHED loading in Solo.
    Pretty sure I've seen like 80% players who have 4995+ Grimore (I know that's not a great skill indicator but it does mean they have gotten 100 wins in at least 4 PvP modes)

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadhead?mode=15&startDate=2016-05-16&endDate=2016-05-20&characterId=0

Yet my ELO in this mode is apparently an abysmal 985 according to that site and 1158 according to Guardian.gg

I'm going to go ahead and assume Matchmaking at this point must be based of an overall account-based all-modes skill thing.
    Why? Because I didn't have such a thing as a Doubles ELO earlier this week (our ELO's apparently being reset with the April Update?) get game number one was against a bunch of Crucible gods.

I haven't come across many players who aren't all like 1-hit sniping me within a few frames of me being visible.

It's super annoying.
    I'm going to try find some level 2 player to join me so that I have a chance, cause I'm getting hockeyd out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Hey Cormac, I'm ****e if that helps! :D

PetKing wrote: »
    Hey Xormac, I'm ****e if that helps! :D

Before the ninja edit :p

• Advertisement

Xah!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Tried to play 2 games of Destiny last night and the lag was ridiculous. So I think Knave and dudeeille are right, there has to be some sweet spot between CBMM and SBMM. Especially with such a fall off in numbers playing Destiny.

It's tough going putting so much time and effort into Crucible only for Bungie to:
    • Reduce Special ammo in all game modes - no ammo to practice sniper skills.
    • Increase Sniper zoom time - Harder to use snipers in regular Crucible.
    • Reduce Heavy ammo - let's be honest, this does take a lot of the fun out of Crucible, you only get ~26 bullets in some MGs.
    • Introduce so much lag into regular Crucible via SBMM - extremely hard to be consistent with your game, weapons and play style.
    Bring back fun Crucible Bungie.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yet my ELO in this mode is apparently an abysmal 985 according to that site and 1158 according to Guardian.gg

Playing tougher teams should be increasing your ELO if anything. (That's assuming you're getting matched fairly and not being constantly steam rolled).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Playing tougher teams should be increasing your ELO if anything. (That's assuming you're getting matched fairly and not being constantly steam rolled).

ELO will only increase if you actually win those matches though.

Yeah, I mean I was getting Royaly s**t on game after game after game

• Advertisement

My last few Crucible games K/D ratio:

So I see what you mean, it's hard to be consistent with you're play style. I'm either doing well or getting absolutely murdered. God forbid you try out a new weapon you're not used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

100 wins in 3 days 90% playing solo to reach max grimore,the skill level is unreal.Some the best players played with and against.Sunsinger rushing shotgun play got me through it ,the usual hunter last word,aim assist sniper meta.Thank god ill never play that mode again

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

kevin2800 wrote: »
    100 wins in 3 days 90% playing solo to reach max grimore,the skill level is unreal.Some the best players played with and against.Sunsinger rushing shotgun play got me through it ,the usual hunter last word,aim assist sniper meta.Thank god ill never play that mode again

I don't know how you did it. Played a few games yesterday with sniper and gave up - really sweaty/good players and not much fun tbh.

In saying that might try again tonight if anyone's interested?

nevelator wrote:
    In saying that might try again tonight if anyone's interested?

Yeah I'd be up for a game or 72. Hopefully my lower ELO will drag down the SBMM for you enoigh to carry me :P

Also, two questions on ELO....
    1: Is it character or account based?
    2: Where do I check my live current ELO? Guardian.gg and destiny tracker give me different ELO's and (tying in with question one) it seems to be different on the resulys of every match??

PetKing wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be up for a game or 72. Hopefully my lower ELO will drag down the SBMM for you enoigh to carry me :P

Also, two questions on ELO....
    1: Is it character or account based?
    2: Where do I check my live current ELO? Guardian.gg and destiny tracker give me different ELO's and (tying in with question one) it seems to be different on the resulys of every match??

Cool, should be on sometime after 8.

Elo is account & game mode based.
    The guardian.gg is the one that people use for trials - so I guess that would be the best one.

I don't think that it's elo that is making for the dodgy matches. The combination of it hardly ever being on, people wanting to get max grimoire & no trials this weekend is pretty much a recipe for annihilation.

As far as I know Guardian.gg recently reset their ELO, for Year 2 (around the time of the April update). So their numbers may be a little different. For example, if you haven't played Trials since April, your ELO should be 1200, but if you played a few games and lost, your ELO should be around ~1150.

Bungie have their own ELO type parameter, they haven't communicated how they calculate their ELO.

The SBMM is based off of a combination of Bungies ELO metrics and connection based tests. But yes, Bungies ELO metric is really to blame for the sweat fest.

Got another 5 wins last night - up to 42 wins for doubles now.

Learned one important fact last night: The Cauldron + needs_more_beard = win!

Cauldron is one of those maps that makes me go
    O977Y.gif

Advertisement