Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Costs

Options
  • 08-02-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

We are considering buying our first home on North Dublin.

I was looking advice on costs as we have only ever rented in Dublin so I want to be sure I know how much it will cost to own the house.

Am I missing anything from below?
    Property Tax
    Waste Collection
    Electric
    Heating
    Mortgage

Also I know what the most of what these will come to monthly but I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate for waste collection fee per month and property tax on a house worth €280k?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

We are considering buying our first home on North Dublin.

I was looking advice on costs as we have only ever rented in Dublin so I want to be sure I know how much it will cost to own the house.

Am I missing anything from below?
    Property Tax
    Waste Collection
    Electric
    Heating
    Mortgage

Also I know what the most of what these will come to monthly but I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate for waste collection fee per month and property tax on a house worth €280k?

Mortgage protection insurance
    House insurance
    Water charges
    Annual Repairs budget (fridge breaking, painting house etc etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Our costs would look something like this;

Property Tax - Exempt till end of 2019
    Waste Collection - €28 p/m
    Electric - €50 p/m average
    Heating - €60 p/m average
    Mortgage protection - €21 p/m
    House insurance - €20 p/m
    Water charges - €12 p/m

So €191 p/m pre mortgage and repairs/maintenances which depends on condition of house (new build v's 20+years old).

Advertisement