Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What it like living in Robinstown

Options
  • 08-02-2016 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Currently renting in Navan and are looking to buy around the area soon.

My husband is from a town originally and I'm from the country. I like the idea of moving back to a village but he's dubious.

What's Robinstown like to live in. I know there's a pub and a church, but can anyone else fill us in on what other things there are? Also what's the pub like, does it serve food, does it ever have a bit of music playing, is it fairly busy at weekends and stuff?

And lastly, is there broadband available in the Robinstown, and what are the speeds/connections like?

Thanks a million for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Robinstown is a lovely little village. It's very quiet, so if you're looking for nightlife or shopping, you'd be disappointed! But it's very handy as you're right between Navan and Trim, so only a 5-10 min drive away. There's not a lot to do in the town, but it's a great place for kids to grow up and the primary school is very good. It's very safe around the area and the people are very friendly.

Pub is lovely now since they did it up. I haven't been there in a few months (trying to get healthy again!!!), but they're serving food now. They have trad nights on Thursdays which is really good. It can get busy enough on Sat nights and fairly lively

The only downside is broadband! :( You can get 4G (via vodafone and 3), but fibre broadband won't be rolled out in the area for another year or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dee24

Thanks for the reply Barney. Think the broadband issue has ruled it out for us so.

It does look like a lovely peaceful village.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dee24

Last question, sorry guys.

With the vodaphone or three mobile broadband- what's your speeds and coverage like in robinstown?

Is it that much of a difference to having wired broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Dee24 wrote: »

Is it that much of a difference to having wired broadband?
    Yes. Fibreboadband gets up to 100mb. 4g around 10-20mb unless someone proves me wrong.

Advertisement