Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is certainly not in the spirit of the forum. You get great speeds from Imagine, be happy that it's working great. Three mobile broadband and their data limits really shouldn't be concerning you so much so that you hae to raise the issue to Three staff. As mentioned above this is the only lifeline for many rural folk and if it gets closed off there are gonna be a lot of unhappy folk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Regardless of that notice,they can't though Sean,because android devices don't report that you're not using a phone
    They don't report that you use a hotspot either
    There are people in the U.K. Using their hotspots abroad on prepay three like home

But explain what u were doing. U went out of ur way to contact a rep and explain what was happening and even linking the board as proof. What's the end game with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

long_b wrote: »

All of those methods are painstaking microscopic examinations of individual accounts
    There's a reason mobile co's don't use them too often,it would cost more in manpower than they'd win in revenue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

All of those methods are painstaking microscopic examinations of individual accounts
    There's a reason mobile co's don't use them too often,it would cost more in manpower than they'd win in revenue

To save us all having to state the obvious to you again arkLOW read the following and answer accordingly
    irishchris wrote: »
    I think you are (deliberately) missing the points arkLOW.

Why did you go on a providers forum which has nothing to do with imagine and try to highlight this for any other reason than spite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I know, I know!

SCUMBAG...........................................................................................................................................................................post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just delete your post and dont be such a ****.

edit: i see the thread is locked, i guess you'll have to remain a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

long_b wrote: »

It is mostly TTL they are after . A had some trouble tethering with Lycamobile back in Switzerland, it is cutting off automatically every time you start to tether.
    Simple solution were found though to avoid this :) Had to modifiy TTL settings for every device on network:)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Low Blow ArkLow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 volker81k

Hi all,

I signed up with Imagine for the mast in Tountinna (North Tipp).
    Anybody else waiting for that mast to become live?

TBH, if I would have known about this thread before I might not have chosen Imagine.
    On the other hand with previous 2Mb on vodafone there is not much to loose.

volker81k wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up with Imagine for the mast in Tountinna (North Tipp).
    Anybody else waiting for that mast to become live?

TBH, if I would have known about this thread before I might not have chosen Imagine.

When did u sign up. I signed up less than a week ago and I got a text yesterday and said it should be live by the end of next week. It's wasn't supposed to be live till mid December

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Guys relax,will ye
    For a start,they've always known well that this goes on
    A search I done Just now has it on boards in public several times and even in the bargain alerts forum
    It's also been in the three forum before
    That's 100% in the public domain

Ye are using Android devices
    Three have no way of knowing whether it's a phone or a modem your sim is in

They can do nothing to stop you bar cancel your sim if they see a drop in service in an area caused by this which they rarely do because people just go out and get another sim
    So nothing has changed and if three has the manpower to bother trawling through 100's of prepay accounts every day,Ill eat my hat
    In fact I doubt the three rep batted an eyelid,never mind run upstairs to phone the bosses,they've better things to be doing

Not accurate.

All providers Vodafone, O2 , and three can tell exactly what device a sim is in. Simple as that.

I believe Arklow you have vested interests in imagine hence the way you have been carrying on.

• Not accurate.

All providers Vodafone, O2 , and three can tell exactly what device a sim is in. Simple as that.

I believe Arklow you have vested interests in imagine hence the way you have been carrying on.

Never even came into my head but makes huge sense
    Tin-foil hat on but an Imagine rep posting in the thread trying to counter the honest issues people are having?? :pac:
    Now that's comical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

volker81k wrote: »
    Hi all,

If you have no better options like fibre, I think you will be ok, once you can get a decent signal. I went from VF and Meteor ( with 20/25Mbps) to Imagine, because of the much higher cap. I have generally had good speeds with them , with the odd drop off of speeds, but nothing serious.
    And as was posted in here before, since they did some "work" in the last few weeks , those drops offs seem to have stopped and I have not yet encountered the speed dropping below 20Mbps at peak times for the last week.

Having said that, I am concerned about the posts around their customer service (or lack thereof), so I am keeping my fingers crossed I will never need to call them.

My advice to new users is to have a realistic expectation, it is not fibre, it is LTE and it is probably slightly over-subscribed, but (in general) it is working with higher speeds and caps than other mobile operators (besides perhaps Three AYCE- but let's not go there again) and be prepared for not very good customer service.

If you have no better options like fibre, I think you will be ok, once you can get a decent signal. I went from VF and Meteor ( with 20/25Mbps) to Imagine, because of the much higher cap. I have generally had good speeds with them , with the odd drop off of speeds, but nothing serious.
    And as was posted in here before, since they did some "work" in the last few weeks , those drops offs seem to have stopped and I have not yet encountered the speed dropping below 20Mbps at peak times for the last week.

Having said that, I am concerned about the posts around their customer service (or lack thereof), so I am keeping my fingers crossed I will never need to call them.

My advice to new users is to have a realistic expectation, it is not fibre, it is LTE and it is probably slightly over-subscribed, but (in general) it is working with higher speeds and caps than other mobile operators (besides perhaps Three AYCE- but let's not go there again) and be prepared for not very good customer service.

I would be very happy if I got more than 20mbs at peak times. I hope when it's installed I don't have the crap Irishchris had. It was sold to me a's a 400 limit on the mast.it should be more regulated if they r abusing this and using it as a selling point. It was said to me that 400 is the sweet spot to keep everybody happy with data speeds. I'm stupid to think that if 200 more clients want on that they will tell them were full go away. But that's where comreg needs to come in and come down hard on these companies. At the end of the day there not upgrades if the over load and speeds r still ****e.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Never even came into my head but makes huge sense
    Tin-foil hat on but an Imagine rep posting in the thread trying to counter the honest issues people are having?? :pac:
    Now that's comical

I have my beliefs that this was done on a previous Wimax thread.

Obviously can't prove it but there you go. That's who you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

I signed up 17 days ago, after many signs touting up to 70mb were put up in our road... So far they have phoned me twice to arrange for the installation team to visit, so far no visit... I am not impressed, now I'm wondering if the mast is live yet, it is out in the wild, somewhere between Ennis and kilkee in Co. Clare, does anyone know if it is live yet?

RichieO wrote: »
    I signed up 17 days ago, after many signs touting up to 70mb were put up in our road... So far they have phoned me twice to arrange for the installation team to visit, so far no visit... I am not impressed, now I wondering if the mast is live yet, it is out in the wild, somewhere between Ennis and kilkee in Co. Clare, does anyone know if it is live yet?

They simply didn't show up on the agreed dates ??
    I remember having to wait 2 months between signing up and getting an installation, but once date was agreed , they came and installed without rescheduling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I signed up 17 days ago, after many signs touting up to 70mb were put up in our road... So far they have phoned me twice to arrange for the installation team to visit, so far no visit... I am not impressed, now I wondering if the mast is live yet, it is out in the wild, somewhere between Ennis and kilkee in Co. Clare, does anyone know if it is live yet?

The Ben Dash mast is live since July I believe ...... is that the one you mean?

You might get some indication from this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057625805

They simply didn't show up on the agreed dates ??
    I remember having to wait 2 months between signing up and getting an installation, but once date was agreed , they came and installed without rescheduling..

Both the calls were from the office saying I would get a call from the installers, but it never happened...

The Ben Dash mast is live since July I believe ...... is that the one you mean?

You might get some indication from this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057625805

Yes it is Ben Dash, just checked it, it's 18.5 Km away LOS, but there are trees in the LOS. so very disapointed, the odds of a good signal are very slim..

• Advertisement

Both the calls were from the office saying I would get a call from the installers, but it never happened...

Seems to me that the right hand wasn't talking to the left hand, which actually doesn't sound surprising based on some of the comments here..Maybe call them and ask them to give you a slot there and then ( that is what they did with me, the office gave me a slot and the installers called me just to confirm and give a better indication of the actual time) or ask for your €100 back ?

In terms of LOS it probably depends where the trees are and how dense, maybe not so dense this time of year, and also if needed they add a long pole to give more height.. Wouldn't give up hope just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Would explain a lot including why he would be so idiotic to go on a three forum and do what he did. Also on an earlier call to tech support he quoted a few misgivings that people had from this thread so they definitely know about this. Whether it is from one of their support reading it or on it but either way they know of this thread and mentioned it both to me and another poster earlier in this thread said that they had mentioned to them also

Guys relax,will ye
    For a start,they've always known well that this goes on
    A search I done Just now has it on boards in public several times and even in the bargain alerts forum
    It's also been in the three forum before
    That's 100% in the public domain

Ye are using Android devices
    Three have no way of knowing whether it's a phone or a modem your sim is in

They can do nothing to stop you bar cancel your sim if they see a drop in service in an area caused by this which they rarely do because people just go out and get another sim
    So nothing has changed and if three has the manpower to bother trawling through 100's of prepay accounts every day,Ill eat my hat
    In fact I doubt the three rep batted an eyelid,never mind run upstairs to phone the bosses,they've better things to be doing

Jesus,
    I just had a look at the three thread now.

Totally out of line.

Tosser.

irishchris wrote: »
    Would explain a lot including why he would be so idiotic to go on a three forum and do what he did. Also on an earlier call to tech support he quoted a few misgivings that people had from this thread so they definitely know about this. Whether it is from one of their support reading it or on it but either way they know of this thread and mentioned it both to me and another poster earlier in this thread said that they had mentioned to them also

He seems very sensitive about criticism of Imagine.

I can't get over the fact he done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My little story, I was with a local WISP until the end of October. They broke my heart, 0.5Mbps at best during peak times, zero customer service and zero tech support when you contacted them about the performance. Anyway I said to hell with them and signed up to Imagine. To be fair to them 3 weeks later the speeds have been superb, never dropped below 40Mbps.

My neighbour and I were both using the same WISP and we both switched to Imagine around the same time, the Imagine engineer disconnected the cable from the WISP's antenna and hooked up their antenna with it on both of our houses rather than run a new cable into the house (probably not the best idea in hindsight). Anyway I arranged with the WISP engineer to call to my house and take their antenna and POE unit, I explained the situation with the cable and said I'd be happy to reimburse him for the cable which he said was fine. I was at work so told him to work away. Anyway, long story short I received a mail that afternoon to say they had removed the antenna and disconnected the cable from the Imagine antenna. When I got home I saw they had cut the cable at the roof and cut it at the wall where it entered the house. I spoke to my neighbour and apparently she was there to meet the engineer and told him to leave the cable so he just took the dish however when she went to collect the kids they went into her house again and cut the cable.

I proceeded to contact the engineer and read the riot act and later that evening the Director of the WISP company called me with an official apology for the engineer's actions. He rang imagine himself and arranged an engineer come out the next day to wire up the antenna again which they did at 8am. I'm not sure what the point to this story is apart from be sure to get Imagine to use their own cables for the installation. Everything is relative but so far they have been a dream to deal with and the service has been top notch although they are doing a lot of installations so it remains to be seen how they will handle contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I reckon this thread is on the fast track to being closed if we don't get back on topic soon...

I realised recently that I am signed up to an 18 month contract with Vodafone rather than a 12 month.
    I've pushed the install out to March on the back of the 12 month contract. Do you think Imagine will allow another push back to September 2017 while still guaranteeing my spot?

I've paid the €100 activation fee which I was told will act as a hold for my spot on the antenna but they didn't specify how long they would hold it for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My little story, I was with a local WISP until the end of October. They broke my heart, 0.5Mbps at best during peak times, zero customer service and zero tech support when you contacted them about the performance. Anyway I said to hell with them and signed up to Imagine. To be fair to them 2 weeks later the speeds have been superb, never dropped below 40Mbps.

My neighbour and I were both using the same WISP and we both switched to Imagine around the same time, the Imagine engineer disconnected the cable from the WISP's antenna and hooked up their antenna with it on both of our houses rather than run a new cable into the house (probably not the best idea in hindsight). Anyway I arranged with the WISP engineer to call to my house and take their antenna and POE unit, I explained the situation with the cable and said I'd be happy to reimburse him for the cable which he said was fine. I was at work so told him to work away. Anyway, long story short I received a mail that afternoon to say they had removed the antenna and disconnected the cable from the Imagine antenna. When I got home I saw they had cut the cable at the roof and cut it at the wall where it entered the house. I spoke to my neighbour and apparently she was there to meet the engineer and told him to leave the cable so he just took the dish however when she went to collect the kids they went onto her property again and cut the cable.

I proceeded to contact the engineer and read the riot act and later that evening the Director of the WISP company called me with an official apology for the engineer's actions. He rang imagine himself and arranged an engineer come out the next day to wire up the antenna again which they did at 8am. I'm not sure what the point to this story is apart from be sure to get Imagine to use their own cables for the installation. Everything is relative but so far they have been a dream to deal with and the service has been top notch although they are doing a lot of installations so it remains to be seen how they will handle contention.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this should probably get back to chatting about Imagine LTE.

Gonzo wrote: »
    this should probably get back to chatting about Imagine LTE.

Agreed. But it's all relevant though.

• Advertisement

For anyone thinking of entering into a contract with this crowd have a peek at this thread and the complaints about them

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055709982&page=104

Advertisement