Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Marlow wrote: »
    So .. to make this clear:

- you order the connection via phone, mail, internet: distance sales at that point.

- you pay said order .. you enter a contact under distance sales. signed paperwork or not.

- they deliver the connection, you don't sign any additional paperwork: delivery of said distance sales.

- you sign paperwork on the day .. it's not distance anymore. You have just received a physical installation for an invoice or contract.

This is the reason, why some providers will not enable the connection until you have have signed the contract. It's not distance sales at that point. It's a service delivery on site .. like a plumber/electrician/builder etc. You've more than likely also been shown, that the service is working.

Now ... in any case .. distance sales or not, you have the right to get the product/service/work rectified, if it's not performing working to what you ordered. The problem here is the fine print.

Either way ... from the day you order and until the service is delivered, you should be able to cancel disregardless. Everything else is cowboy business . my 2c ... but that tells you a lot about the business.

/M
    Just a quick question folks,
    I have imagine connection installed for just a week, can I cancel within the 14 day period/as I'm not happy with speeds? I believe I ordered the broadband in August. Will I be entitled to the full €150 back or just €100. Do I need to cancel with imagine and then proceed with a charge back through the bank?
    Regards
    TheDuffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

So .. to make this clear:

- you order the connection via phone, mail, internet: distance sales at that point.

- you pay said order .. you enter a contact under distance sales. signed paperwork or not.

- they deliver the connection, you don't sign any additional paperwork: delivery of said distance sales.

- you sign paperwork on the day .. it's not distance anymore. You have just received a physical installation for an invoice or contract.

OK - That is clear. And correct and apologies if I took you up wrong earlier, it was late and I was tired. :o

So just to add onto your clarification
    - As soon as the distance part of the contract is complete, then the 14 day cooling off period applies.

I knew we'd discussed this before here ... from @ED_E's quoting of the Consumer Rights Act.
    You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

km79 wrote: »
    LOL pure cowboys . So if they come out and can't install they also keep the 100 euro by that line of thinking. No chance
    I'm doing a chargeback tonight now I've read enough
    They took my money 3 months ago . Despite repeated request I did not get email confirmation of this and terms and conditions etc
    Installation pushed out to January at earliest now

Absolutely correct.

Get comreg involved for a start. Let them deal with them.

As I have said the service I have was rubbish.

Blocked p2p connections and admitted to this.

Once the contract was done they continued to debit my account like they have done with numerous people.

Cowboys wouldn't be a strong enough description.

theduffer wrote: »
    Just a quick question folks,
    I have imagine connection installed for just a week, can I cancel within the 14 day period/as I'm not happy with speeds? I believe I ordered the broadband in August. Will I be entitled to the full €150 back or just €100. Do I need to cancel with imagine and then proceed with a charge back through the bank?
    Regards
    TheDuffer

In my experience Duffer what your entitled to and what you get off imagine are worlds apart.

Yet another unhappy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sportaholhic!

just an brief update on my own situation, I logged into the Imagine router and changed the name and password for the wifi. The speed tests I was getting were excellent after but the internet was behaving erratically like pages not downloaded and taking for ever, so after 2 days of this I reset the router and bingo as is well again and my Sky OnDemand works now again (may be a coincidence)
    just noticed last night that the on demand service is now working fully

Somebody fixed something somewhere ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

For the last few days I have noticed the connection from router to modem dropping, and had to reboot the router to get this back.

Just wondering if it is a modem/router issue or if there is another issue (on the mast) that could have caused this.

I have the huawei modem, has anyone else with this set up experienced any issues lately ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Finally after an age trying to contact imagine to ensure my cancellation went through this is what now greets me when I connect to imagines router. Delighted!
    Just posting here to document the date that this has finally disconnected so there is documented proof should imagine do their usual of charging even though the service has ceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Absolutely correct.

Once the contract was done they continued to debit my account like they have done with numerous people.

Slightly off topic but will kodi work with this service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Charge back existed before SEPA. Less time to be able to do it. It used to be 30 days or so and was increased to 3 months with SEPA.

Banks just refused to do it previously, as it was poorly documented for the consumer and a lot of hassle for the banks. So they fobbed customers off. I've walked into my bank before SEPA with prinouts from IPSO to MAKE them action charge backs.

Now .. with SEPA it's documented, there are clear guidelines and the banks have no excuses anymore. That's all.

It's always been possible.

/M

Aye charge back on cards has been around a long time
    However the sepa 30 day refund rule on direct debits has only been there since sepa
    Prior to that you couldn't get a direct debit refund
    Now you can go into the bank to get it back and it's usually back in 2 working days

The deposit will have been paid by card so people will need first to ring their card issuer and tell them they've paid for installation and that imagine after months hasn't given them a date for it
    Tell your bank you've asked for your money back and it hasn't came

I'm very happy with them still so I won't be doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

lolliedog wrote: »
    Absolutely correct.

Slightly off topic but will kodi work with this service.
    Works perfectly fine with mine anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Everything else is cowboy business . my 2c ... but that tells you a lot about the business.

/M

You could get your money back no problem if you could show you were misled by say ..... a dodgy review

http://bit.ly/2eJoKg9
    4qYnNXc.jpg
    JQjjzaZ.jpg

0VomVwk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well spotted. Permanent black mark on this sub now whenever their name arises.

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Aye charge back on cards has been around a long time
    However the sepa 30 day refund rule on direct debits has only been there since sepa
    Prior to that you couldn't get a direct debit refund
    Now you can go into the bank to get it back and it's usually back in 2 working days

The deposit will have been paid by card so people will need first to ring their card issuer and tell them they've paid for installation and that imagine after months hasn't given them a date for it
    Tell your bank you've asked for your money back and it hasn't came

I'm very happy with them still so I won't be doing this

3 customers and posters on this board may not be over happy with you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Rang imagine there, told them my story,signed up 2 months ago and was told end of October, then November, now early 2017 that the mast isn't even constructed.... contrary to the "live in your area" signs being up 2 months ago.
    She asked me once if I willing to wait, I said no and she said I'd get refunded. Easy enough as long as I get it....

Booked a Lightnet test date for 6th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 damolee

Has any community group ever used Imagine to get much faster internet into an area where fibre rollout is years away? Is there power in 'clubbing' together to get them to install a mast nearby which benefits a group of people all willing to sign up for their service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

gctest50 wrote: »
    You could get your money back no problem if you could show you were misled by say ..... a dodgy review

That's class - nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If you believe anything on that website, then you're a fool. Either way, you've got the wrong person and i'm here on my personal time .. with my own opinion, input and experience. It's easy enough to find out though, who I am and who I work for. I don't hide that fact.

If you check through my posts, they've been constructive and accurate to the matter. So why trying to mount a personal attack ? That has nothing to do with the product that is being discussed.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 36 damolee

Can anyone tell me where the Imagine masts in Co Limerick or North Cork are actually located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Did anyone else notice a problem with Imagine's DNS servers (62.231.32.10 and .11) over the past 24 hours? Taking an age and several attempts to resolve names. I've had to switch to third party DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

Did anyone else notice a problem with Imagine's DNS servers (62.231.32.10 and .11) over the past 24 hours? Taking an age and several attempts to resolve names. I've had to switch to third party DNS.

Yes i am having the same issue! How do i change dns? i am currently on hold to tech support to see what is happening/ Im sure ill be waiting awhile..

EDIT: Ive figured out how to change dns on computer but this obviously wont fix issue in mobile... The wait will continue...

• Advertisement

AH2016 wrote: »
    Yes i am having the same issue! How do i change dns? i am currently on hold to tech support to see what is happening/ Im sure ill be waiting awhile..

EDIT: Ive figured out how to change dns on computer but this obviously wont fix issue in mobile... The wait will continue...

You should also be able to change DNS on both Android and iOS.

https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/

You should also be able to change DNS on both Android and iOS.

https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/

Thanks Navi.

Figured out how to change DNS whilst on phone to Imagine. They werent aware of any issue with their DNS so rep advised he will raise to 2nd line support.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

damolee wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the Imagine masts in Co Limerick or North Cork are actually located?

I think Limerick is woodcock hill.

AH2016 wrote: »
    Thanks Navi.

Figured out how to change DNS whilst on phone to Imagine. They werent aware of any issue with their DNS so rep advised he will raise to 2nd line support.

FFS. I raised it yesterday with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

I have solid green, and flashing blue on modem.

cant get internet. are these the correct status lights?

Thanks.

M.

with imagine LTE

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

North Cork - Bweeng Mountain (same as 4FM 97.4/Ripplecom etc). They also have one somewhere in the southern part of the Ballyhoura mountains near Doneraile.

Limerick - northern part of the Ballyhouras, near Ardpartrick; Knockfeerina? and Woodcock Hill.

FFS. I raised it yesterday with them.

To be honest someone else could call them now and i'd imagine (no pun intended) that they would say they are unaware of an issue to the next person. Sometimes i wonder do they even take any notice.

Had pretty dreadful experience with their 2 mb service fee years ago and can well believe that they would try and bluff some fake reviews. They are as bad imagine in my book.

3 customers and posters on this board may not be over happy with you!!

Don't think anyone of any network would be happy with a rat or a tattler as the mods called him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

I'm not having a problem today but I was a few days ago,I just changed to googles 8888 dns in my secondary router but changed it back again later
    15 mins minimum hold time to imagine at the moment,so unless it's a big problem I do not ring them

Someone asked earlier about the phone app,it's not going to be available until the new year at the earliest,they told me

If it's similar to the one virgin use,I'd be very happy

Advertisement